What is your favorite online calorie counter?

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Hi Guys -
I am going back to tracking my calories, and I am wondering what your favorite tools are. I have used Fitday (loved it) and Spark (was ok), and I know new ones come out daily, so what do you use?

I really like dailyplate.com. I haven't tried any others so I can't compare it to anything. However, I think dailyplate has a big food database and it's easy to use.

HTH.

Im a myfitnesspal girl, on there every day logging my food and workouts. I love their data base, i hardly ever have to put any food in:)

I've been using the daily plate for a while, and I really like it. I've been stuck recently, but I've been eating nibbly bits without recording them. Or being close to my cal count at the end of the eve and then deciding I have room for a bit more and not recording it. Those nibbly bits add up. I reset my mind yesterday and am now back on track. Worked like dream when I stuck with it. Its the fault of my nibbly bits, not their counter. I just enter all my Cathe workouts manually, and then other cardio (running, ellip) I use their drop down boxes.

Nan

I like myfitnesspal, but I've only used that and WW online, which isn't necessarily a calorie counter, per se but I prefer myfitnesspal, plus it's free.

I've used dailyplate and just tried myfitnesspal, but I think Fitday has a more user-friendly interface. Plus, you can also use both ounces and grams for units.

I definetly like myfitnesspal better than spark. I think thier database is larger. I tried fitday a long while ago, I didn't care for it much.

I too just went back to mfp, I really need to be more consistent with it.

Jenn

I use fitday and have been very happy with it and all the info that goes along with counting calories. I'm also doing ww right now but log into fitday too to make sure I'm eating enough calories. WW's points sometimes leave me with under 1200 calories.

Lesly

Hi,

Do any of you know of a site where I can do the following:
Enter the ingredients of a recipe and it will calculate the macro nutrients
as well as list a serving size or I can put in the serving size myself.
I ask because I do a lot of my own cooking and if I make something like
cinnamon bread or the other day I made pumpkin bread. Since these foods are
not typical of what I eat I would like to sometimes include a small serving so I don't
feel deprived. I count calories so this is important to me.

thanks

Cindy

Sparkpeople.com has a recipe calculator. It is a bit tricky to find. You don't have to join either. They make you think you do, but I have used the calculator many times without joining.

Daily Plate

Daily Plate is my favorite - I especially like the food data base, which I think is the most user friendly.

I just went to the daily plate and I really liked it! I tried the calorie king for a while, it was ok, but this site is pretty darn good! much better. I havn't really used much else though to compare.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.