:) what does an itchy nose mean?

tina72382

Cathlete
hey all! its been driving me nuts.... my nose is itchy right at the tip of it all day. there is some old wive's saying that went with this ... :) anyone remember it?? :D ;)

Not an old wife here...but I've heard:

"When your nose itches, it means someone is coming with a hole in their britches" :)

So...I guess that means your about to have company with poor taste in slacks.

Shonie

That you are lying! (I learned this when reading about Clinton's testimony in the Monica Lewinski affair. He scratched his nose quite a bit! )

Of course, since so many things are supposed to mean you are horny (peeling the labels off beer bottles, chewing ice, bending straws...at least that's what I was told in my drinking days!), it could be that as well.

(At least from the old wives tales taht I have heard -- it means that someone is talking about you......):)

Your palm itching is supposed to mean you're going to get money! LOL!! I've also heard when your ears are burning, someone is talking about you. The nose itching was always you're going to kiss a fool ... or so my grandmother told me! LOL!!

Carol
:)

I also learned that itchy palms meant money but we were told that an itchy right palm meant money coming in, conversely an itchy left palm meant money going out. Why is it always my left palm itching!?!x( :)

Itchy feet means you are going to travel!!:7

Take Care
Laurie

I was always told if your ear itches someone is talking about you, if your nose itches you are going to get company.

Jo

For me, it means I am washing up!!!! My nose always itches the minute I plunge my hands into hot water...drat! And for my daughter, her nose always itches the minute she starts brushing her teeth! Weird.......

Clare

>My dad used to tell me it meant I was going to get into a
>fight. Itchy palms meant I was going to come into money.

That is what my family always said too :)

lol you guys are too funny! if my nose isnt itchy anymore thank goodness:) now if i could make my palms itch I could buy the whole hardcore series... :) lol oops, already did :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.