What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

40something

I was thinking this AM while I was working out that it might be helpful for everyone on the forum if we post what it is we are all eating. There have been several threads lately about diet so maybe someone can get some new food inspiration from reading what other's are eating.

For lunch today I am having one portobello mushroom stuffed with feta cheese and dried tomato, half of a chicken breast left over from supper, about 3/4 a cup of cottage cheese with a cup of honeydew melon chunks stirred in. Water to drink.

Oh gosh...lol I have eaten something almost every hour from 7:30 until noon! LMAO!

I guess my LUNCH would be what I actually ate at noon which was a large salad with fresh baby spinach, lettuce, roasted peppers, green olives, cucumbers and italian dressing and an apple with some peanut butter on it. My lunch is usually more "substantial" but since I have been "snacking" all morning long, i didn't need to eat anything heavier for lunch....

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 scoop of whey, 5/8 TBS natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup spinach with 1 tomato and 1 cumcumber. :)

Like Wendy, I am eating right now...a garden salad.

Breakfast- ran out of cheerios so had a 1/2c of Cinnamon Crunch and a chicken breast. LOL

Snack- protein shake after Super Sets

Lunch- the salad I am eating and a chicken sandwich on lite wheat

Snack- I got to get to the store because I have bad protein bars (13grams of sugar) staring at me and not much else to snack on. HELP..where's the crucifix?

Dinner- Some kind of protein and green beans

Charlotte~~

1/2 cup pinto beans, about 15 steamed asparagus spears, small protein shake, vitamin and calcium supplement. That was just after my workout, I'll eat again in about 15 minutes!

Man, I eat almost constantly. The only time I'm not eating is when I'm working out or sleeping.

Let's see. For lunch, I had about a cup of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and steamed broccoli and a yogurt.

Edited to say that I think this is a good idea. If I have to be accountable to someone for what I'm eating, maybe I won't eat as much;)

For lunch I had a square of eggplant lasagna - yum! Had a fried egg this a.m., a stick of cheese, and a natural peanut butter and non-fat yogurt dip with 10 grape tomatoes.

21/2 C. baby spinach leaves, 4 oz. albacore, 1 C ff cottage cheese, 1/2 C. salsa, 2 matzo's.

Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off. - Cathe in HSC

A salad with lettuce, tomato, carrots, feta cheese and hard boiled egg and some wheat thins w/reduced fat greek dressing.

I generally bring the same boring lunch to work everyday, mainly for conveniance. A turkey sandwich on whole wheat and carrot sticks. Boring, but it fills me up and it's easy to pack! I used to eat out at lunch quite frequently and decided it wasn't good for my pocketbook or my rear-end!!

"Man, I eat almost constantly. The only time I'm not eating is when I'm working out or sleeping."

Shelley-you sound just like me :)

Joanne

Hello,

I am sitting here eating lunch after working out. Did Tae Bo Abs & Glutes then Circuit Max.

Todays lunch is Albcore tuna over greens with Litehouse Fat Free Honey Dijon dressing. Yum!

Laura

i'm getting ready to have oatmeal made my favorite way: with natural PB and light chocolate soy milk (or baking cocoa and vanilla soy milk)

YUM! and healthy too!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

My company provides lunch for free which is pretty cool. Of course, sometimes you get what you pay for...!! :p

For lunch the chicken was too dry so I had rice and carrots and cottage cheese w/pineapple...and.....um......2 chocolate chip cookies. x( My bad.

Angie

OOPS! I forgot to mention the 2 Girl Scout Thin Mints I ate! BAD! They tasted good though & I stopped at 2 so that's something to be proud of!

I had a chicken sandwich (Sara Lee sliced chicken breast) with Colby cheese, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber and a wee bit of Miracle Whip on whole wheat bread. Also a couple of tortilla chips with salsa.

We actually had a "Lunch 'n Learn" today at work and the topic was Nutrition (because it IS National Nutrition Month), so that was fun to go to. The dietician who gave the talk thought my sandwich looked really good, so I must be doing something right. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.