What activities can you do because you do Cathe workouts?

Alhambra

Cathlete
I just got back from Jasper, Alberta. I had an amazing time hiking up a mountain, horseback riding and doing a 3.5 hour extreme mountain bike ride.
I know I do Cathe workouts 5 to 6 days a week but this was my first real mountain bike ride.
I had tons of energy and tackled the mountain slopes even though my 3 hour hike had been the day before. It's amazing how long an uphill can be when you're mountain biking on a steep trail with loose shale, tree roots, soft sand and 3" rolling boulders. I found myself chanting "I think I can...I think I can". It actually made some of Cathe's evil intensity blasts seem easy in comparison. It was a blast with some of the most amazing scenery.

What activities have you been able to do (that surprised you) because of doing Cathe workouts?

I'm down with the hiking and while I may not get up the mountain as fast as everyone else I do have more energy than most others when we finally get off the mountain. :)

RE: What activities can you do because you do Cathe wor...

I can kayak all day, hike up mountains, and out walk friends when sightseeing. I can keep up with the elementary kids at church. I just can't do shopping though. An hour of walking and standing around the mall makes my back and head ache.

I found that I can lug 75 lb bags of dirty linen as well and move patients with minimal difficulty. I can also run up several flights of stairs to codes without having to feel like I was the one needing to be resuscitated!!!:D

I have found that I can now actually keep up with my kids when they run around, and even sometimes out last them. I also am finding myself wanting to do more outdoor/athletic type activities.

- Lea

I can lug 50-lb feed sacks around pretty easily, and I can shove the horses around too, when they're feeling obstinate. I can handle just about any sort of yardwork I can think of out here in the country, including hauling my own landscaping rocks from the pasture in a wheelbarrow. And like others have said, I can out-hike and out-walk all of my friends.

I was able to pick up a severely orthopedically disabled man off the concrete after some creep literally kicked his crutches out from under him. Someone else ran after the creep.

A-Jock

That is great that you were there to help the man Annette. I hope that they caught that awful person!!

- Lea

I just realized I can still Jet Ski at 45. And this isn't one of those sit-down-like-a-motorcycle kind of Jet Skis. This is one of the old-fashioned, stand-up-and-hold-the-heavy-steering-column kind. Just standing up is the hard part, though. It's basically a full, one-legged squat over and over and over and over again. (I fall off quite a bit, too; hence the over and over and over again). :)

This used to wear me out so much when I was in my twenties that I remember leaning on the bathroom lavatory brushing my teeth by moving my head from side-to-side because my arms hurt too much to move the toothbrush.

I think I'm a little too old now to GET that tired. My muscles hit failure on the one-legged squats long before I get too-tired-to-tootbrush. Oh, well. Yay for me, anyway!

Shari

P.S. I also went boggie-boarding on the BoogieBahn ride at Padre Island's Schlitterbahn. There weren't a whole lot of middle-aged ladies in line there, either. I wasn't impressive, but other than the fact that I was there at all, which should have embarrassed my sixteen-year-old but didn't, I didn't embarrass myself too badly.

Well, when we moved recently, DH was super busy with clients, so I did literally 99 percent of the packing, hauling, moving, cleaning etc. I was lifting things and hauling them from the basement, things I know I never would have been able to do if I didn't lift/build endurance with Cathe and P90x. This week I went down to the stream on our property, which is down a steep hill, and hauled up all the trash the previous owners dumped there (don't get me started on THAT!). I think my neighbor lady thinks DH is a bum who leaves all the dirty work for me, lol. :D

Oddly, it's the little things that kill me, like walking up a flight of stairs. Go figure.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

When painting I can easily use a kitchen chair as a high step to lunge up and down while holding a paint tray, no hands required to hoist my body up. Same concept when I'm putting my great big George Forman grill on the top shelf, one swift movement and it's away.

The cardio capacity I have from Cathe's w/o's made it very easy on my lungs to take up running recently.

I can easily move furniture around, mow the lawn, keep up with 3 Kids, carry an air conditioner.....so many little things (like Sparrow said:)) that really do mean so much :)

Take Care
Laurie

I put my classroom back together every year. The custodial staff takes it apart to wax the floors and even though they say they will help me put it back together, they are no where to be found. Frankly, they should put it back together before I get back to school, but anyway, I end up moving my filing cabinets, book cases, and centers all by myself.

I also, carry in large amounts of teacher stuff and I always challenge myself to see if I can do it all in one trip...I usually do even though I arrive to my classroom huffin' and puffin' and drop everything on the floor the minute I arrive to my classroom.
Angela:7

I ran into this problem when I was overtraining. After taking a week off, I could sprint up those stairs -- a couple of times.

Shari

>Oddly, it's the little things that kill me, like walking up a
>flight of stairs. Go figure.
>
>Sparrow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.