What a difference good socks make!

BooBear

Cathlete
I just got a bunch of powersox by gold toe and my feet are thanking me. It was a little splurge (8 pair $16! yuck!) but soooooooo worth it IMO. They have extra cusioning at the heel and ball of my feet-and I have high arches. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Sorry if I sound like a commercial but it's easy to forget that the seemingly small details of working out can make such a huge difference. I had just purchased KSwiss tubes sneakers and within two days they absolutely killed my ankles. Had to go back and ended up with a pair of Nike courts. I have too much ankle roll and I need the side support.

My next splurge is definitely going to be a nice little visit to the Feel Fit Wear site. I know they are pricey so I have been holding back a little bit. I have a good feeling that the prices are justified from what I have been reading about them. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried their gear and what the concensus is!

Hi BooBear, love your avatar by the way:)

I couldn't agree more about a good pair of socks. I haven't bought the awesome ones that you have, but I have bought the ones that wick moisture which have been great. Good socks really do make a difference! I have the cushy shoe inserts, though, so I do appreciate extra cushion in your socks:)

I am addicted to Feel Fit Wear! At first I thought the cute styles were why people bought them and I didn't really care so much about that so I held off. But - then I bought a few things to try (bras/tanks, then capris and pants).

They are strong and sturdy, by far the most comfortable workout clothes I have ever worn and part of that is because I'm not soaked in sweat during/after my workouts.

The bras are true to size, the pants/capris seem to run a tad small but I know they are supposed to be tight. I've ordered a size up on those and have been glad I did.

I think you'll be glad you gave them a try:)

Lol :D I think good socks make all the difference too!
I"d been on the hunt for good socks for years, and I'm sure these high cushioned, seamless socks with a gold band of stitching at the toes are the ones you speak of.

I thew out the packaging right after I bought them and could not remember the name of them, I bought them at Target in Niagara Falls NY( I'm in Canada)

BTW I have to have mid top shoes, or as they are sometimes known as Studio shoes for my ankles, that is very important to me because I am an Instructor as well as a every day exerciser.

I found a pair of Reebock mids on line they are New Reebok Studio Beat III Mid Fitness Shoe, I LOVE Them!!!!!
I bought them off E-Bay from a seller in England the price was 24.99 GPB, English pounds. I think that translates to 50$ but not sure.
I'm sure I saw them from a USA seller too, I'll look again and check back, HTH:)

Bri:)

Lol :D I think good socks make all the difference too!
I"d been on the hunt for good socks for years, and I'm sure these high cushioned, seamless socks with a gold band of stitching at the toes are the ones you speak of.

I thew out the packaging right after I bought them and could not remember the name of them, I bought them at Target in Niagara Falls NY( I'm in Canada)

Bri
You guys got a Target already???!!! I'm near Toronto and we have yet to see one open! I'm super jealous!

BooBear
I'm sorry about the K-Swiss Tubes :(. I have a pair and absolutely love them! The best pair of runner's I have owned in a very long time.

ITA about the socks making a difference though :).

Natasha

Socks are a big deal. I have to wear wicking, cushioned socks. You can also tape your arch for extra support if needed. I found that my lateral strength greatly improved with running on trails/soft surface. I thought I was going to biff it, twist an ankle, but instead the strength came back. I don't know why that is. I need a shrugging emoticon.

Hi BooBear, love your avatar by the way:)

I couldn't agree more about a good pair of socks. I haven't bought the awesome ones that you have, but I have bought the ones that wick moisture which have been great. Good socks really do make a difference! I have the cushy shoe inserts, though, so I do appreciate extra cushion in your socks:)
hello lollolll
I am addicted to Feel Fit Wear! At first I thought the cute styles were why people bought them and I didn't really care so much about that so I held off. But - then I bought a few things to try (bras/tanks, then capris and pants).

They are strong and sturdy, by far the most comfortable workout clothes I have ever worn and part of that is because I'm not soaked in sweat during/after my workouts.

The bras are true to size, the pants/capris seem to run a tad small but I know they are supposed to be tight. I've ordered a size up on those and have been glad I did.

I think you'll be glad you gave them a try:)

Thanks..BooBear=Best Dog I ever had (Bailey was her real name actually) She passed away several years ago and I still tear up now and then :(

As far as the FFW...thanks for the response I can't wait to order me some!!!!!

Bri

BooBear
I'm sorry about the K-Swiss Tubes :(. I have a pair and absolutely love them! The best pair of runner's I have owned in a very long time.

ITA about the socks making a difference though :).

Natasha

The tubes are comfy and great to walk/run around in. I made the mistake of thinking I could use them for step because they do feel good on the impact. I figured out the hard way that I have rolling issues!!! Under pronation I think? My ankle wants to roll outward. I have to stick to cross trainers for lateral moves. :D

Hi Boobear,

I looked around for my Reebok Mids on line and for some reason they are scarce, but you can find links for them in Europe:rolleyes:
Anyway my ankles roll out too, and any good Mid Aerobic or Studio shoe helps with that a lot.
Plus I always put a Dr Scholls sport shoe liner thingy in (forget what those things are called Lol) They give great arch, heel, and forefoot support and cushioning.:)

Natasha hi,
Sorry if I misled you, I go to Niagara Falls New York USA to Target from Canada to shop. I love their fitness isle, got my Bosu there a couple of years ago and a few other cool things there since then, and those awesome socks:):)
We"re going to get a Target in Welland in 2013 though :)

thorlo`

Thoro are the best socks ever, sometimes you can get them at TJ Max, when they do have them I buy them out. Right now I have 5 new pairs & will be opening them real soon as the thorlos I am currently using are about 2 years old. How long should I keep them, anyone know?
To me they still look & feel good.

karen

I always wear Thorlo socks

They are padded at the base of your foot, and they have a pad at the heel; they made a world of difference to me.

Thoro are the best socks ever, sometimes you can get them at TJ Max, when they do have them I buy them out. Right now I have 5 new pairs & will be opening them real soon as the thorlos I am currently using are about 2 years old. How long should I keep them, anyone know?
To me they still look & feel good.

karen

Karen, my thorlos last years. They really do hold up well. You can tell when it's time to replace them, just like any sock. Honestly, I have so many pairs that I rotate that I can't remember the last time a pair wore out.

thorlos

My thorlos are a few years old & they do not show any signs of wearing out. They really are worth the money.
Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.