We're in this together

Evening ladies. Not much to report here. I did get in my sis's pool this evening. I look like a fish flopping around trying to swim :eek: I was a water baby growing up but never learned to swim on top. I only swam under water. I guess that was my workout report for the day :)

Judi, I did see your daughter's pics in her scrubs. She looked so cute. I know you must be so proud.

Linda, did you say your pool is finished? Are you relaxing in there any?

Morning! I did PUB plus the ball section of PLB again today. I decided to match Cathe's weights this time (usually go heavier on everything) and ended up not feeling workout:mad: AND I only burned 181 calories. I am having a hard time embracing the lighter weight/higher rep concept!

I have a visitation today and funeral tomorrow for my cousin. She passed away from lung cancer Sunday morning, was only 61 and never smoked. Very sad:(

Catherine- Glad you are still getting in some pool time! I grew up a water baby too with the cabin & lake but never really liked swimming. We have a pool too and it did come in handy when I was rehabbing after my shoulder surgery. Have you tried using a kickboard? I would think that might keep your back & upper body more stable while you kick around.

Linda- What do you have going on today?

Really late check in.... just returned from my CPR recert.

Tried checking in last night but couldn't get the site to work, anyway...

Yesterday was suppose to be legs but I still have serious leg DOMS from Monday and my low back is tight, so I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2. It was fun.

And this morning still major soreness and not up for heavy lifting or major impact so I did Travel Fit and it was perfect.

Catherine - Yes the pool is up, only a few minor :rolleyes: things to finish. I have managed to get in it once.

Judi - I know how you feel with the lighter weights thing..

DS is calling, gotta go....

Morning ladies. Ahhh Friday!!! I got in the pool for a little while yesterday evening. Judi, I actually use a floatie to help stablize the upper body and core while I just kick my legs. I also try to do some real swimming so my upper body gets a bit of work too. At least it's something and I think the leg is getting stronger. You can see the muscle atrophy in the left side :(

My mom is having her knee replacement on Monday so I will try to take her out to lunch today.

Linda, I know how much you are worried about losing strength. I've lost it all. But keep the light wts and be careful!! I know you know that ;)

Judi, I love the SB section of PLB. That one gets me every time (well used to, lol).

Hi Ladies- Quick fly by as we are packed and ready to head to the cabin. I hope you both have a great weekend. I'll be back Monday:)

Huge family reunion today, so this is quick.

Yesterday I did P90x + Intervals which turned out to be harder than I thought.

This morning was Amy Bento's All Pump. It was fun but lacked in chest work. And by about ten minutes in I was thoroughly annoyed with her "noise making". Every two seconds she was going "whew" but loudly.

Hi Ladies! Survived another weekend of drinking and overeating at the cabin:eek: and I'm a little afraid of what a whole week will bring. My entire family will be there this weekend including, GF/BF's, dogs etc.. to the tune of 29 people and 10 dogs. It's gonna be crazy but I love it.

I did Barry's Bootcamp cardio & arms just to switch things up and it was tough. Funny how you acclimate to a workout then put it on the shelf and it becomes hard again when you give it another run.

Linda- Hope you had a good time at your family reunion. How do you like P90x+?

Catherine- Have you recovered from your birthday celebrations:) Did your mom have her knee surgery today? If so, hope all went well and she is resting comfortably.

Just a quick hello. Mom had her knee replacement yesterday. Things went well according to the surgeon. It's been busy. So no pool therapy for the last couple of days :(

Hope you all are doing ok. I'll try to check back later in the week.

Catherine- I'm glad to hear your mom's knee surgery went well. Sorry you missed your pool time. I like your new avatar pic. Is that your niece? You look fab in the picture and your niece is a doll. Is she the one that sings?

Linda- Hope all is well with you. Are you enjoying the pool? I haven't been in ours once yet this summer.

BBC is still kicking my @ss! We leave Friday for the cabin and will be there all week. I'm packing my running shoes, jump rope, gymboss timer, bands and my iPod with all the shock cardio on it. I'll have to do some improvising but hope to get in a few good workouts. Hope you both have a great 4th of July!

Last edited:
Quick hi!! Busy checking on mom. She's doing inpatient rehab now. Seems to be getting better. Poor thing she is such a trooper.

Hope you two are doing ok!!

I think the cortizone shots have worn off...I'm miserable.:(

Anyway managed to do a 30 minute run outside yesterday and did Total Body Sculpt premix from LIC.

I cannot believe how busy I have been. It's nuts! I feel like I will never catch up!

Anyway I been doing what I can with the workouts. My newest is KCM 30 Minutes to fitness Bootcamp. I am really impressed on the intensity factor and I really like KCM.

How are you both doing?

Hey gals. I totally hear you about it being nuts Linda. Been busy taking care of my mom who came home Thursday. I have 7 siblings and 2 of us are taking care of her. I thought my back was getting a little better but now it's not so good :( The roller coaster ride continues.

Judi, how was the cabin?

Linda, are you still having surgery on the shoulder?

We got back from the cabin yesterday and it has been a crazy day of running around getting groceries, doing laundry, working on the pool which was green...blech! Had an awesome time but didn't stick with my workouts like I planned. I ran 3 days and did some jump rope but that is all. I was too busy drinking, eating, playing games, boating, fishing, and laughing until my sides hurt. I seriously need to get a new phone that I can check in with.

I punished myself with BBC this morning and plan to do about 4 weeks of that then go back to heavy lifting.

Catherine- So sorry about your back:( Has it gotten worse since you've had to help care for your mom? Would your other siblings be able to help out? I understand though because I am the one my parents turn to when they need help. HUGS!!

Linda- Bummer that the shot didn't last longer:( Are you going to have the surgery sooner or wait until fall? I've wondered about KCM...do you think she is "as intense" as Cathe?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.