We're In This Together (02/17-02/24)

Today was a good day. Went to Ikea, picked up a new DVD rack and a chair for Bella (a smaller one for our new dining room table). We ended up not getting a new table at Ikea, instead went to a furniture place called Leon's. We got an amazing deal for a nice, dark oak table w/4 chairs. Delivery is next Wed.......so no table to eat at until then :(. BTW, my foot is ok. It was just a small shard of glass. I'm the type of person that will resist any attempt to visit the hospital/doctor unless it's a real emergency. I can't count the numerous times that I think I may have needed stitches, but nothing a little peroxide, gauze and ointment won't take care of (working in a pharmacy you become familiar with the first aid section).
Colleen
First off, I hate those damn reps!! The ones from Bausch & Lomb (a contact lens solution company) really used to get under my skin. But then there were the really nice ones (aka cute, sweet & funny males) that I would sweet talk into giving me deals/rebates even take back damages that they were not supposed to do. I will never forget one rep who worked for Parmalat, he used to come in with FREE yogurt for the staff. I mean tubs and tubs of the stuff. When I was leaving my store, the staff said "oh no Tash, what about the free yogurt???". I miss them :(
Oh no the elliptical!! What the heck?? Try not to be so upset. Perhaps it was just not meant to be (that's what I tell myself, and usually something better comes along to prove that). I know you wanted a full cardio club step, perhaps you can get one instead of the elliptical. I'm telling you, I get amazing cardio workouts on mine. I had a small sh**ty step at first and was frustrated because I could not do the moves, and I hardly got a good sweat. I was always falling and tripping (my feet are size 8). As soon as I got my full, cardio club, it was like night and day. Still, I am so sorry about your disappointment.

I hope everyone is having a great evening :)

BTW, Muscle Max is CRAZY. I can't lift my arms. I hope to be mobile tomorrow.

Natty, Glad your foot is OK. I avoid the docs too even though my Dad is one. Your table sounds great. Bella must love her chair.
Hoping to do Cardio Supersets tomorrow. It's been a long week.

Good morning ladies :)

Today is a rest day, which is ok cuz' I can't really move my arms :eek:

Jen
Sucks about the snow. I really hate that white crap!!! Just hang in there, think happy thoughts about the beach/warm weather ahead. My desktop wallpaper has a beach on it now, so I can remind myself everyday that I do not have the luxury of living near one. Then maybe don't get a beach wallpaper, you might end up getting depressed :( :)

Have a great day :D

Today I don't have to go in to work so I have all the time in the world to workout and clean the house! Yay! No kids, no hubby to distract me. :D
I'm going to do Hiit 40/20, then I think I'll slowly clean house a bit and do laundry to recover before I hit the weights with STS disc 21. I know if you do cardio before weights it can negatively affect how much you're able to lift but I figure if I wait an hour in between I'll be good? We'll see how this goes!

Holy cow I can't believe the whole top of the table shattered. Probably would have startled the heck out of me. I too am anti dr. It's just to expensive.

I'm up again in the sick kid rotation. My youngest (son) was home yesterday and today with a sore throat and fever. On Wednesday we got home from another wrestling match and he was shaking and hotter than heck. I felt so bad he just strated to cry. None the less, I feel a bit guilty because I kicked him off the TV yesterday so I could do Cathe. It actually gave him chance to fall asleep and get a little rest. Should I feel guilty for this it's only an hour?

I've been eating super clean and busting my a** and got on the scale and not much of a change. I'm disappointed. I have a Zumba Black Light Party to go to tonight thats an hour and half long but I think I will still do a litle Cathe today. I have a date night with Hubby on Sat. so I will have a cheat meal and it will be worth every bite.

Colleen, I will hold out hope that maybe you will here from the eliptical lady this weekend. If not, like Nat said, go for the cardio club step, maybe even the tower.

Sarah

I lied. I said today was a rest day, but I ended up doing Athletic Step. Sarah my sweat is dripping down into my belly button. I guess that means I worked hard right?
Sarah
I am sorry to hear that your little boy is sick. What are your children's names? I would rather call people out by name, it's more personal that way I think. And no, don't feel guilty for kicking him off the tv to do Cathe. Also, try not to be so hard on yourself with the scale not budging. How do your clothes fit? Sometimes the scale does not tell the whole truth, but pants don't lie. If you are doing STS, you must be gaining muscle. Enjoy your date night!! And yes, eat, drink and be merry. Think of me if you order a martini ;)
Colleen
Enjoy your day alone!!! I'm jealous ;)

TTYL

Last night, I had a few beers and a turkey reuben with some of the group from the program. Great stress reliever but not good for productivity today. Met with my mentor, whom also is not working, his advice I am still in question about. We have some common demoninators but disagree on many issues. I might meet him one more time.
The person whom cornered me about 6 weeks ago now wants to meet for lunch.NOT. Starting off on a bad foot with someone, why take the next step.
Getting out of dodge tomorrow and away from the consumation of the program although I am stopping by an interview place on Monday for an internship. The road therapy is best.
Sarah-Hope your baby is feeling better. Usually a family shares the illness. Bummer.
Colleen-Did you enjoy your YOU time?
Natty-AS, great workout on your rest day.
Ellie-Hope your week is going well.
Nikki-Busy?? Dont know when you slow down.

Hey ladies,

This week has been a pretty good workout week.

Mon: Body Max 2
Tues: MMA Heavy Bag Boxing and Total Body Stretching
Wed: Drill Max
Thurs: Step Heat
Fri: Butts & Gutts
Tomorrow I have Low Impact Circuit scheduled.

Yesterday, I requested a part-time work schedule. I need my life to be a little less busy. Hopefully my request gets approved. Gotta work over-time tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Today was nice! I felt great after the Hiit and disc 21 (back and biceps)...now I'm starting to feel the DOMS in the back settle in already:eek:! I really challenged myself on the weights and I can tell I'm gonna feel it tomorrow! My husband got done with work earlier than usual, he came home about 2:30. I was like, aw man, you're wrecking the rhythm of my day! He's like "nice to see you too! Should I leave and come back later??":eek::p Aw honey, sorry! Heh. Probably not the welcome home he was expecting! :rolleyes:

Natty that's so funny you wound up doing Athletic Step instead of resting. Only us fitness junkies would cheat on our rest day!:eek: Hee! I would work out every day for 2 hours if my body and schedule would let me! My schedule forces me to dial it down!:eek:

Sarah, I hope your kids are feeling better soon! Don't feel bad about taking the tv for your workout. Like you said, he was able to get some sleep which he probably really needed! TV can rob people of sleep since it's somewhat of a neurological stimulant (like the computer can be too). I always find I have a hard time falling asleep if I'm up late on the computer or watching tv. How are you liking STS? I rarely notice a dip in the scale these days but like Natty said it's all about how the clothes fit. Muscle takes up way less room than fat, that's for sure! :D

Jen-I definitely think you're right to keep this woman at arms length. The first impression and your instinct about a person are rarely wrong. Some people you just have to be more wary of even if you can have a pleasant acquaintance type relationship with them. There are people in my life that I know to just keep that slight distance...our relationship is better for it.

Nikki- It sounds like you had a great workout week! I hope your getting lots of sleep with that busy schedule. Can you tell I'm big on quality sleep? There is just not enough hours in the day dang it! I'm one of those people that would love to get 9 hours every night. :cool:

Off to watch Mad Men with my sweetie again. We gotta get caught up on Netflix before the new season starts!

Night girls!

Good morning :)

I am still DOMS'ing big time! MM destroyed me :eek:
Yesterday night, I was able to Skype my ex from high school who lives in PEI now (a small province here in Canada). It's been 15 years and we still have contact. Amazing. He was raggin on about his girlfriend and all this crazy stuff. They act like little kids. I was listening and being sympathetic, but I could not offer any advice. I was thinking "you guys are 33 years old, get your s**t together. Actually, I did tell him that. We left off by him driving over to her house while DUI. Dumb guy.

Jen
Your post made me laugh. You are one funny lady. I am so happy you went out and had a few beers. You deserve to relax and have fun. I like beer, but only socially. I can't drink it at home, it just bloats the heck out of me. You are right for keeping that lady who cornered you at a distance. She seems like a weirdo (or bi-polar). First she harasses you and then she want to be all nicey, nicey. Ummm no thanks. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Colleen
Sooooo, Mark stopped home early. No kids at home. Perhaps he was looking for a little "alone time" with you, if you get what I'm sayin' ;) Sorry, I just can't help myself. Oh and don't look at the Mad Men thread. I might have spoiled the end of the season for you. Sorry.

Have a great day!

Thank you for the concensus of not doing lunch with the person. When she mentioned it, I immediately began to tell her how busy I am. Personally, I cannot and wont drink on my own either-not as much fun. Decided not to pursue my mentor since I challenged him on some stuff, he really doesnt want to meet with me. My issue with the program, why would they have a mentor whom is in the same boat/unemployed as your mentee? Not right.
Light shoveling before I can get on the road.
Have a GREAT Saturday!!!

Jen- A turkey reuben is exactly what I had when I went to lunch a few weeks ago. If a reuben is on the menu, 9 out of 10 times I'm ordering it. Love those things.

I totally agree about keeping the lady at bay. Under the circumstances, being cordial is enough until she can show that she's a litttle more even keeled.
I love road trips but I get so sleepy while driving. If the husband is driving then I am usually in a state of constant grogginess.

Nat - My sons name is TJ. Short for Tristan John. I named him Tristan after my husband. My husband thought that it was very arrogant to name his son the same name. There just wasn't a name that I liked better. The compromise was that we would call him TJ to be less confusing. Now we never call him Tristan. His throat is still sore so I keep waiting for the strep rash on the tummy.

Colleen -My husband knows when he comes home early, or is home on a weekday that he totally screws with my mojo. Sad but true. I really hate it when he doesn't tell me he's got a day off in the middle of the week. That really screws with my schedule.

Nikki - I love Body Max 2. I only do the cardio part. The whole thing might be scary.
Part-time, do you get to choose shorter days, or extra day off? You do seem very busy, and it's really impressive that you are so committed to fitness.

Ellie - I hope hope the snow is melting steadily and theres no new stuff piling up. I hope you've gotten rest, and been able to get most of your workouts in.

Yesterday I was suppose to do LIC but I chose to do Hiit 30/30 instead. Since I had my 1 1/2 of Zumba Black light Party last night I didn't want to over do it. It was fun. Today Is Cardio Supersets.

Cardio Supersets was supposed to be done today but now it's on the plan for Sunday then another LIS one for Monday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.