We're In This Together (01/20-27)

4DS- Power Hour which is High Intensity and low intensity step combined for about one hour is mine for tonight.

4DS- Power Hour which is High Intensity and low intensity step combined for about one hour is mine for tonight.

Jen,
Are you doing strictly your rotation you posted last time, going through all of Cathe's series? How are you feeling with all the high impact stuff? Nothing beats high impact for cardio. It's still my fav type of workout, but I have to mix it in with LIS, or else my right knee gets aggravated (I blame it on Bob Harper and all those horrible front lunges lol). Have fun tonight, say hi to Cathe for me. I may not see her today ;)

Colleen, I loved the soup. I made a ton of it soo I can fill the freezer for those days I want to do nothing. I love those flavors my family not so much. More for me! Thanks

I feel like I'm not getting enough cardio because the LIS I'm just not familar enough with and so I find I am always stopping. So while you are learning the routines do you find you aren't getting quite as good of a workout? I love LowMax, BodyMax 2, IMAX 2 but because I didn't want to take the time to learn and suffer with not doing as good of a job with cardio I've never learned Imax 3, Intensity, Step Blast, and any step from 4 DS. I know its a waste. I am making myself learn LIS, regardless.

I did STS disc 25 today and Ab ripper. I will also take the dog for a 3 mile walk tonight while waiting for the kids at wrestling practice.

Looks like this Fri and Sat I will be kidless: )

Natty-My knee is doing fine but tomorrow will be bootcamp and kickbox. Yes, I'm doing the rotation posted on the rotation forum. Some of it's been low impact plus I take days off too.
Mom2kttj-Step Blast and 4DS stepping is fun. the third routines in both workouts are complex though but once you get them, its easy. Walking the dog is great exercise.

Good morning ladies :)

Last night I decided to do a light, short, cardio (so exhausted), so Step Moves was my go-to. Nikki, I think I may be joining you in liking this one! I don't understand how people do not like the Shock Cardio Series. I truly love it. To each his own, you can't please everyone all the time.

Today my husband is home from work, so I am able to workout during the day instead of in the evening when Izabella goes to bed. I want to really give it, so I am thinking of doing an UB w/cardio afterwards. Supreme 90-day Chest, Shoulder's & Tri's with perhaps cardio portion of Slide & Glide. I wanted to do a Hiit, but my knee's need a bit of a break from all the high impact stepping.

Have a good one :)

Tonight, it's Cardio Hour from 4DS. My driveway is pure ice downhill. No shoveling just maybe salting it down.

hello everyone!

Just popping in to thank you for all your kind words.We are still under sleep deprivation but at least I've completely recovered from flu.As this month I have a particular calendar with my shifts at work,I've decided to stick with 3barre based workouts x week and 3 cardio, doing 1 steady state cardio, 1 Hiit and 1 circuit.I 'm very fond of barre workouts and just want to see if my saddlebags will become smoother :D
Hope to stay on plan or at least to do my best. Sunday was low impact circuit cardio only, and I discovered it is very deceptive because on an 8" step I was beathing heavily and I didn't do a single jump!:eek
Yesterday did one of my barre/Lotte Berk inspired workout and today I'm feeling sore in my hams/outer thighs.

Colleen: I think Athletic step is easy to learn, no tricky moves, but preview it just to have an idea of what you'll be doing

JT: I love the 4ds cardio portions as well, they are short but effective and thanks to the premixes you've got always something different to do;)

Natty: how's your doughter?I hope she's better and you are getting some rest!

Last edited:
I finally got to STS disc 10 this morning! Yesterday wound up being another rest day. I was planning on doing this workout last night but I should know by now that if I don't get it in the morning it isn't going to happen! I'm thinking tomorrow will be Cardio Supersets from LIS.
Is anyone else getting antsy for Cathe to post a pre order on new workouts?? This coming from the girl on a self-imposed budget until spring!:eek:
Hee.

Quick question on Cathe downloads. I did notice how much cheaper Athletic Step was on download! Can you burn these onto a dvd easily though? I don't have an Ipod or a laptop (my computer is a desk top and it's in the living room, I work out in my bedroom). The only way I could do it is if I could somehow transfer it on a disc and play it in my dvd player. Thanks in advance! :)
Colleen

Last edited:
Colleen-Great question on downloads, I think you need a tablet or laptop. Hoping Cathe doesnt do any pre-orders till the fall cause I'm not working yet.
Natty-Hope your daughter is feeling better. Hope you got a break today with DH home.
Ellie-Glad you're feeling better. 8" step is too high for me. maybe 6" but 4 is my limit right now.
Nikki-How's your day? Your planned workouts are a killer.

Update, next week, I begin Shifting Gears Cohort 9.0 in Michigan. It's a career transformation course that lasts for 90 days with mentors, peers and internships. Today, I got my logisitcs information and it appears to be very intense. I will have homework plus resume rewrites, mock interviews and a lot of other stuff. I got notified of this program on a day I was going to give up job hunting completely so it was an answer to prayer. Some friends feel I should sell Mona-Vie but not into it and it's a bandaid not a resultion to my problem. Just to get in, I had to answer questions, career assessment and interview.

Colleen
Consulting with my computer adviser (aka husband), he said, yes, you can convert the download to DVD, but it requires a program that will convert the file (which is not in DVD format) to DVD format. He also said the file can be played on Sony PS3 (if you have one) or a Blue Ray Player (various model types). I trust his advice. He is a computer nerd and has been putting together PC's for a long time. OMG pre-order??!! I can't say no that's for sure.
Ellie
Glad to see you are recovering. Your workouts look great for the week. Saddlebags :mad: Those damn things are very stubborn. Barre seems to be great for the thighs. Do you work your upper body? I found that heavy weights make me look bigger up-top, with more definition, so my lower body looks slimmer. I have a total JLo booty. My bum is an asset let me tell ya!
Jen
Good luck with all your courses. It seems very detailed and intense, but worth all the effort. Stay strong & positive. I will send you my "YOU WILL GET A WONDERFUL JOB SOON JEN" vibe.
Sarah
No kids for the w/e??!! I am totally jealous. Enjoy it !!!

Today was UB Supreme 90-Day w/cardio portion of Slide & Glide.

Have a good night ladies :D

I did disc 26 Plyo Legs today and I felt at one point like I was gonna vomit, that has only happened one other time. Then I quickly got cleaned up and sped off to a meeting with a SCORE mentor for my small business. I heated up some of the chicken and sweet potatoe chili and ate it very carefully while driving but it sure hit the spot. Thanks again for the recipe. Tonight I treated it like a curry and added a little curry powder. Ate it with yogurt, golden raisins and chopped peanuts with some whole wheat flat bread. It was delicious. There will not be enough to freeze afterall.
Nat- I am excited it doesn't happen often, 3 is alot for anyone to want for an entire weekend . Either someone will get sick and have to stay home, or they will be so over tired when they come back that it wil be fighting and tears all week. Its always a double edge sword. But its one that I am willing to pay the price for.

Sarah

Good morning everyone :)

This morning I am off for a pelvic ultrasound (nothing serious, just checking to see if my IUD is ok). Sucky thing is drinking SO much water.........yuk!!! I feel like I am going to burst, so painful. The one thing that makes me mad, is the radiologist telling me I have to "empty half bladder" cuz' it's "too full" :mad: .
Sarah
Plyo legs sounds crazy (in a good way). I hope your meeting went well. Oh and the curry sounds DELISH. I am a huge fan of Indian dishes. Huge fan of any cuisine actually. My taste buds are very versatile :p

My arms are sore today! Yay! Thanks Tommy. You are not Cathe but you put out decent strength training workouts.

Tonight is MMA Fusion. I am taking Nikki's word for it. I think it's going to kick my tushy.

Have a good day :)

Sarah-putting curry on that chili and then eating with flat bread sounds amazing! I may have to go buy some curry...:)
Natty- good luck with your ultrasound! I remember when I was pregnant hating the "drink water until you explode" thing! I have a weak bladder as it is and when they make you do that it is so painful!

Today was Cardio Supersets (express premix with the step). I love cardio! I love what STS is doing for my body (looks and strength wise) but cardio makes me so happy! Endorphins baby! :p The only thing about that particular workout is that I have to modify some of the disc moves because of my cranky knees. I find disc jacks, cross country ski moves, and the momentum lunges hard on my knees so I break out my rebounder and do the moves on that. Love my jumpsport! :)
Have a great day ladies!
Colleen

Wednesday.
Natty-hope all goes well with the docs.
Colleen-LOVE Cardio Supersets. Great workout.
Sarah-Plyo legs, all those workouts are great and Nasty.
My workout tonight is travel fit. Thursday, I hope to do MMA: something. Did the premix of combined kickbox and bootcamp last night from 4DS. I am feeling it today.
Going to get chinese for lunch/dinner later on.
Since I tip well, they give me so much anyways plus the owner's kids like me too.

Hey Natty! I have a quick question for you. I have a chance to get one of Jari Love's workouts through a trade and I had two I was interested in. I was wondering which you would recommend. I was looking at Get Extremely Ripped 1000 Hardcore and Get Extremely Ripped 1000. I know the first one has some step aerobics but it looked pretty straightforward and basic. I actually really like step work when it's basic (love the drills in Athletic Training and Cardio Supersets). Which would you recommend though?
Thanks!
Colleen

Hey Natty! I have a quick question for you. I have a chance to get one of Jari Love's workouts through a trade and I had two I was interested in. I was wondering which you would recommend. I was looking at Get Extremely Ripped 1000 Hardcore and Get Extremely Ripped 1000. I know the first one has some step aerobics but it looked pretty straightforward and basic. I actually really like step work when it's basic (love the drills in Athletic Training and Cardio Supersets). Which would you recommend though?
Thanks!
Colleen

Get Extremely Ripped! 1000. Oh yes, get that sucker!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! 3 minutes of basic step cardio & regular floor cardio (like in AT) followed by 3 minutes of strength. Get ready to sweat your a** off. Hardcore, I have only previewed, but it's the same concept, except I think the cardio intervals are longer. I am thinking of downloading that one ;) Oh, the push-up section at the end is KILLER. Overall IMO A+ workout.

IMAX 3, IMAX 3, IMAX 3. On a 6 inch step. Full 60 min. No break. I am sweatin' bullets right now. Woohooo!! Now I can eat my blueberry crumble cake from Starbucks :eek:

Off to recover.........

Wednesday.
Natty-hope all goes well with the docs.
Colleen-LOVE Cardio Supersets. Great workout.
Sarah-Plyo legs, all those workouts are great and Nasty.
My workout tonight is travel fit. Thursday, I hope to do MMA: something. Did the premix of combined kickbox and bootcamp last night from 4DS. I am feeling it today.
Going to get chinese for lunch/dinner later on.
Since I tip well, they give me so much anyways plus the owner's kids like me too.

Oh my Chinese food! Love it!!! Enjoy :p
Travel Fit is nice. The band makes the workout tough in a sneaky way. The little cardio blasts are good for an easy day. Very low impact. I did that one about 2 weeks ago and felt DOMS in my UB. It was great :)

Natty-hope you enjoyed your treat.

Did Travel Fit and it's harder than it appears it would be.
Right now, I am working on setting up a carpool from West MI to Lansing with only one stop to pick people up. More than one stop could cause problems.

Enjoying the nice weather today.

Thursday is a break day for me b/c of orientation. Fri/Sat/Sun-some shock cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.