Weights for Weight Loss

thea77

Cathlete
Hi Cathe or anyone who can help--

I am currently trying to lose weight, about 10-15# (have already lost 15# since New Year's). I do mostly running for cardio but also some Cathe cardio 1-2 times per week. I also do weights every week, mostly PP or SS.

My question is.....for weight loss, I am better off doing 2 full body workouts per week (such as PP, SS, ME etc) or could I do something like the PS series instead? I only have 2-3 days I can do weights. If I do each PS workout once per week is that enough, or do I have to add another full body workout in addition to it? I would also continue to do my cardio. I own all of Cathe's workouts except the beginner/intermediate high step ones.

Thanks in advance!

Thea

Hi Tamikka,
Thanks for the response. I guess my loss has kind of slowed--I keep gaining and losing the same few pounds. HOWEVER, in all honesty, when that happens I have usually been overeating and skipping workouts, but I don't do that consistently. I am getting a little bored with SS and PP so was thinking of changing things around for that reason. I have limited days I can workout, so I was just curious if doing each PS workout once per week was enough. I guess I can just try it and see what happens!

Thanks again for your help. I checked out your website and you look awesome! Congrats on your success!

Thea

My own experience is that PS can be enough. Then when you get bored you can change again. But you have pretty much answered your own question before I did! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.