Weighted Gloves Pounds???

hriacobacci

Cathlete
I know that I saw a thread about this previously so I apologize for reposting since I can't find it. I have Cathe's weighted gloves that I purchased from Academy Sports. They said 2lb and I thought that they were up to 2 lb each (1 lb bags). Then I remember a thread saying that they were 1 lb each (bags being 1/2 lb) and that made since b/c they didn't feel that heavy.

Now, I just started noticing in Meso 3 Cathe making mention of adding 1 lb to each glove rather than 1/2 lb increments. Maybe I'm crazy or miss-hearing. Are there 2 types of weighted gloves sold?

Confused,
Heather

I know that I saw a thread about this previously so I apologize for reposting since I can't find it. I have Cathe's weighted gloves that I purchased from Academy Sports. They said 2lb and I thought that they were up to 2 lb each (1 lb bags). Then I remember a thread saying that they were 1 lb each (bags being 1/2 lb) and that made since b/c they didn't feel that heavy.

Now, I just started noticing in Meso 3 Cathe making mention of adding 1 lb to each glove rather than 1/2 lb increments. Maybe I'm crazy or miss-hearing. Are there 2 types of weighted gloves sold?

Confused,
Heather

Heather, I know it can be confusing, the only ones available at this time is the 2lb. gloves which is 1lb. total in each glove. I love them use them alot. I also use them in my kickboxing workouts.

I don't have the weighted gloves yet although I really do need them! I would think you could add fishing weights? I would think they'd be small enough, but probably some of the other girls who have them can give you better and more ingenious ideas!

Tricia

here's what I did....

I bought the same gloves. They weigh 1lb each. I needed to go a bit heavier so I added my pace weights. They are 1/2lb and I was able to fit just ONE in each glove. So, the total came out to 1.5lbs. That was perfect for me cuz I have some 2lb weight gloves (each) and that can be heavy for some of the moves. Crazy, I know...HTH!

Gloria

Thanks guys - just making sure I wasn't crazy. I love the weighted gloves, it's amazing what even 1/2 lb can do. I do wish they went up to 2 lb each though because sometimes I need like 27 lb - 25 too light and 30 too heavy. Doesn't sound like a big difference, but it is.

I've been getting pretty creative with adding weights. My husband has a 20lb walking vest and each pack is 1 lb so I have gone has far as duct tape a bag to the ends of dumbbells or shove on in at the wrist of the glove. I saw a thread about the sinkers, but it's something I always forget to look for when I'm at Walmart or a sporting store.

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.