Weight Watchers **WED.**Last Day of Feb!

CHeryl, I bought the body fat callipers that BFFM recommends, but aaparently I can't figure out where to measure. Any hints?
Jessica

Jessica, unless they have some special formula you follow when you're pinching yourself, the way I've always seen it done is back of the tricep, ab skin on the side of your abdomen about 1" above your hip bone, and front of the quad about 1/2 way down. Then look on the web and find a formula to calculate that against your weight and height to get the result.

If you look on the web, I'm sure you'll find some instructions. I'll see if I can find any quickly and if I do, I will post.

There is margin for error, so it might be best to have a professional PT do it the first time and then do it yourself until you can see your pinchstyle matches their result. Last time trainers did me, one measured me at 16% and the other at 31% - and my own gut feel was that the truth was somewhere between 19 and 20%. Big margin for error.

I've finally figured out that the accurate pinching for me will always be 4 points below what the Omnicom meter shows - so I use that number and it only takes me 10 seconds to run. Even if it's off by a little, at least it gives me a consistent means to measure progress (or failure - heaven forbid!)

Hope that helps.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back