Weight Watchers.....**Thursday** February 1st

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Wow, can you believe that it's the first of Feb already??? Where does the time go???

Anyway, I was not around much yesterday....for obvious reasons. And I *thought* that I had woken up in better spirits until DH comes around and starts pestering me and asking stupid questions. I am blissfully minding my own business waiting for the coffee maker to beep "finished" and he wanders in asking, "do you have coffee making?" Uh, Yeah, that's what's in the coffee maker! He says, "oh, well, I didn't know if that was something else you were making." Then he "GRRRRR"s at me in frustration. I said, "don't GRRRR at me, I'm not the one who asked the stupid question!"

Movie night didn't happen, either. DH started in with his wandering around the house like a zombie, half-asleep because he hadn't slept in 3 days. For some reason, he just doesn't allow himself to sleep then it all piles onto a couple of days where he gets up, and about falls asleep standing up until I wake him up and get him back to bed. It drives me nuts when he does this in the first place, but in the frame of mind that I was yesterday, just looking at him pi$$ed me off!!!

A workout didn't happen yesterday, either. The scale is down 2 lbs from yesterday, despite the leftover pizza and baked cheetos that were consumed! I guess that my brain was on overload and eating clean just wasn't going to happen.

Traci- No, I received January's Oxygen last December, as well as February's. I think that I have March's too, in my bag I carry to work. I also found my HER Guide to Weight Lifting book I ordered last October/November in my back room that I will bring out and review again.

Cheryl- Thanks for taking the time to tell me about the tests and stuff. I know that my doc would ask for all those if I asked her to order them. She is great about that. It will be interesting if it shows anything! I have an appt with her coming up either this month or next.

Well, coffee is done (yes, there was Jamacian Blue Mountain in the pot brewing) and I am off to pay some billsx( . I have been avoiding it the past couple of days, for obvious reasons, and now it needs to get done. I also need to toss my Dad's B-day cards in the mail. Yes, they will be late, but I called on his b-day, and the cards were all done and addressed the day before, I just haven't gotten them in the mail.x(

I am also looking forward to Cathe's new rotation. I had a good time with the January one, albiet with some modifications.

Morning Amy & All "happy" campers to follow....

Will have to go back & catch up on yesterday posts later today.

Today is Core Synergistics... Only 2 more workouts left in recovery week and then I am officially DONE! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

x( Amyx( Amyx( Amyx( Amy .....{{{{{{{{{{{{{{amy}}}}}}}}}}}} Someone has the UGLY ALIENS!!!!! I really dont like that particular group... I would rather have the crying Aliens myself. POOOOOOOR DH!!!!!!!!! I can feel for him as I can just see his little face become so confused! Just keep reminding him thats it the aliens and not him! x( I wish I could take all of them out of you and squish'em so hard that they never embarked back to Texas or Florida!!! You're a nurse- Cant ya slip }( DH a few sleeping pills in his coffee and make him sleep out the next few days to give you a chance to breathe???}( lol... Is that legal in Florida? }(

Back with other personals a bit later! Morning Hugs to all in camp today!:7

Traci- Yes, the "ugly aliens" have taken up residence in my body. I don't like this group either, especially since it's been more than 6 months since they came to visit! I am doing better...DH is back sleeping again and now that I have had a chance to vent, I am leveling off a bit.

I am so proud of you, Traci!!! I can't believe that you only have 2 more workouts after today!!! That reminds me, I need to call BB today. I received a card last week telling me that they were going to charge me for something that I ordered in October of 2005!!! When I called, it was for the Slim Series, which I never received. I talked to some area rep that wanted me to give him some time to research it, I have given him a week, so we'll see what he came up with.

Like I said yesterday, there's no way I am heading to WI this week!!! I am hoping that next week will prove to be better on my mental health as well as the scale!! I am happy though, I woke up thinking about clothes that I wore 11 yrs ago and haven't ever been able to get back in them (they were super cute dresses). I am able to wear them now, one of which DH really likes because it's that mandarin collar thing (you know with the knot buttons and it looks like a Chinese dress). SO, there is something good!!! Oh, I also dug out a really gorgeous burgandy silk sleeveless dress with an over top that I bought to attend a college friends wedding in 1996 that fits perfectly!!! I have a bit more in the upper thighs than I did then, but that will change this year!!! I guarantee that!!!

Hi, ladies!

Oooooh, Amy, you have started out on the wrong side of the bed!!! I feel for you, girl! I sure hope that pulling out the great dresses has picked up your mood. Yes, 2007 is shaping up to be the year of your life.

Traci, one more workout down and one more day closer to your P90X finish line. Woo hoo!!! I can feel your excitement all the way to Utah!

Today is finally the day for the BootCamp pre-mix of BM2. Yikes! Wish me luck... I think it's going to be fun. I can't believe it's Thursday already. I'm so glad.

I'll check back in after the workout.

To all who follow - let's all have a WONDERFUL day!

Cheryl

Morning,

Amy:
Good Job! I’m proud of you woman ;) I know it feels great slipping into dresses you haven’t worn in years, and you are down a few lbs, keep it up!!! Exciting isn't it:D

Did you guys check out ‘Cathe’s February Rotation’ I may still a few workouts every now and than. for the life of me, I can not follow anybody's rotation. I keep a log here at work, Mon thru Sun, I just prepare my workout a day ahead, it works:p

Any who, I am glad it’s February, I’m so FOCUSED on my goals. Summer will be here before you know it and GOT of have a lean muscular body. I can see it now, is that me ;-) ;-)

Yep, I cleaned my dishes popped a few pills and I was out in a matter of minutes. I’m feeling GREAT tis morning, and you?

This morning workout Cardio Kicks WOW WE” I had to stop a few times, don’t tell Cathe. For tonight’s workout, I will be doing either Legs & Glutes or Butts & Guts. I’ll check in later

Teddygirl~

I'm sick with it, I posted this in Open Forum x( x( :)

I was rushing so, I forgot to mention that I stepped on scale down a whole 2lbs and me like that and my hips down ½ inch, waist down ½ inch. My breast stayed the same gladddd about that :p :) :) :) Look out Ms. February here I come, it’s onward and forward!!!!!!!

I will be monitoring my progress on weekly basis :7 back to work.

TeddyGirl~

Yes, I just checked out Cathe's February rotation and it looks like a goodie!! I had so much fun doing her January one that I think that I will continue it! I just hope and wish that I have as much success with February as Heather had with January!!!!! I am SO Jealous!!! Especially since I have been working hard and eating clean (except for the last couple of days;-) )

Cheryl- I think that I ended up on the wrong side, but I *thought* that I woke up on the right side!!!;-)

Good morning ladies,

Amy I also looking forword to doing Cathe's new rotation. When do you start the new rotation?? Who else is doing the new rotation?
You ladies work out alot 1-2 hours.WOW!!

I only do what is on the rotation maybe some extra abs or stetch. I am happy if I get that done! LOL!!

Congrats for everone with weight loss!! You guys inspire and motivate me!!!

Cheryl can you share your Waldorf salad and Bok Choy stir fry recipe with us?? It sounds really Yummy!!!

Traci I think it is great that you able to retire at 44!

I think I start with the new rotation today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Belinda

Hi again, eveybody!

Belinda, yes, I'd be glad to post those two recipes a little later this morning.

Teddygirl, Belinda, I like the looks of Cathe's February rotation but will probably make a few substitutions - I will add on extra cardio, as usual, and will also squeeze in some of her serious upper body weight workouts - I saw such benefits from the GS and PUB workouts in Jan.

Ooooh, to be retired at 44.... Traci, I am seriously jealous!!!
Actually, come to think of it, I was retired at 40 for a couple of years, but then I went through the divorce..... and believe me, it was worth it to have to go back to work }( }( }( (Sorry, that was a little bit naughty...) :p

I liked BM2 BootCamp a lot, but I don't consider it as much of a shock-your-body workout as the original BootCamp because those intervals are so short and move so fast that you're giving every singl thing 100% for just a minute. This one had longer intervals and took more time shifting from exercise to exercise - at one point even stopping for a couple minutes of stretches. Still liked it, though.

Had to stop at 70 minutes so didn't get the whole 80 - Nadia's ride didn't show up for school so I had to take her :(

Onward and upward. Have a great morning, everyone!!

Cheryl

Okay, back with the month end stats:

Weight and month-end stats 126.2 (down from 128.5), bust 35 (from 36) waist 26 (from 27), hips 35 (from 36) thighs 21.5 (from 22) biceps 11 1/4 (from 11/12). bf% is 21.1 (didn't record Jan 1) Definite tightening up this month. Core is coming back, but it's still not tight. Woo hoo!

For just 2 pounds down on the scale, I feel like January has been a wonderful progress month. I give a lot of credit to the heavy emphasis on Gym Style and PUB workouts. Great stuff!

Cheryl

Congratulations Cheryl! That's awesome!:) :)
I love Cathe's rotations:) :)
When do you start the new rotation????
Belinda

Belinda - I started today since there are only 28 days (4 even weeks) in Feb. I noticed Cathe had BM2 on the first day of the rotation and I had already wanted to try out the BM2 Boot Camp pre-mix, so that's what I jumped in with.

Here are the recipes, as promised!

Stir Fried Bok Choy

1 lb whole-grain angel hair pasta (we used Barilla Plus - 7 g fiber per serving)
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. teriyaki sauce
2 T. dry sherry
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp. olive oil
2 big stalks bok choy, sliced, leaves and stem
4 oz (1 1/2 cup) shitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
2 spring onions, sliced

Cook pasta in salted boiling water until done. Drain.
Mix soy and teriaki sauces, ginger, and sherry in a small bowl. Heat oil in large frying pan or wok. If using any meat, add now and stir fry 2 minutes (I used 2 chicken breasts, diced) Add bok choy and mushrooms and stir fry for 2 more minutes.

Pour in the sauce, add the pasta and stir fry for anothe2 2 minutes. Add spring onions, mix well and serve.

Light Waldorf Salad
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced crisp apples
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup seedless red grapes

Dressing: replace traditional mayonaise with 1/2 cup unsweetened or vanilla lowfat yogurt and 1 T. lemon juice. Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

These recipes are both from the Tosca Reno book, the Eat Clean Diet

Cheryl,
Thank you so much for recipes ! Looks very yummy! I have to get that book.
Thanks again!
How was BM2 Boot Camp premix???

Have great afternoon!
Belinda

Belinda, everyone -

I really enjoyed BM2 BootCamp, but I didn't consider it nearly the "shock your body" workout that the original Boot Camp is. The intervals were longer and there was more transition time between exercises, where the original BootCamp is just the one minute "blasts" and then quick transitions to the other workouts.

As written this premix was 80 minutes, but I only did 70 (original BootCamp is 60 minutes, but definitely 60 killer minutes). My daughter's ride to school failed to show up, so alas, the last 10 minutes didn't happen. Oh well.

I'll definitely do this again, but for a true Boot Camp workout I'll stick with the original, I think.

-Cheryl

I have yet to get back to yesterday afternoon/evening posts so I apologize if I am missing pertinent info! Heck its ALL pertinent if a WW’er writes it isn’t it?

We’ll start with today’s stuff and see what else I can get to. Mean Aliens have left the building, Crying Aliens are thinning out but the Fatigue Aliens & Whine-y Aliens are holding strong! If you ladies feel confused with all that imagine my poor DH!
Ok gang... had to be creative in order to get my workout in & I ended up having a blast!
I dusted off LIS (Low Impact Step) and did the 70 minute Circuit Premix. While Cathe lifted I did Core Syn from manual (should be able to do it from memory at this point!)... ANYWAY- It was a hoot!
Did you know that LIS Circuit Mix is just as good if not better lower body than LowMax IF you apply all the lower principles? I was astounded!!!! The Mix is Step + Blasts + Wts for 2 full cycles then both Blast Segments + Wts/Abs. AWESOME and really fun mixing Core Syn in there. I will definitely be doing this one for my lower cardio days in the future. Easy enough to do some Leg moves while Cathe does other body parts.
Also did a segment of Total Body Stretch... Hammy’s REALLY needed it today. Feeling better now that I got a good sweat in for the day.
Have a great afternoon gang!

!!!!!!!! PERSONALS !!!!!!!!

*** Amy:
LOL on ugly aliens… so happy that are settling down a bit! They must be resting this afternoon. Wasn’t that BB fiasco 2 weeks ago? We talked that nite I think & it’s been over a week for sure… ya better call CC too and just tell them to flag any BB charges. I am doing a major happy dance for you and your “new” wardrobe! Thanks goodness styles pretty much always come back so we can all wear our old stuff! I just love fitting into my Hippie Clothes as DH calls them… Shoot everything’s cute in smaller sizes aren’t they? PooPoo on official WI.. You got it under control. No kidding about Heathers January success.. I am so pleased that she has found her rhythm again after such a rough December. I just love her posts.

*** CHERYL:
Had to Lol at your “naughtiness”… even with that you are the kindest person I almost know! I am really just praying for guidance as to what to do for work (paid or volunteer) for the rest of my life. I feel like I am on the verge of finding whatever is the next step for me in doing my lifes work. I am open & ready for whatever evolves this year. Your critique on BM2 BootCamp shows just how fit you have become. Thinking back to a year ago I bet you wouldn’t have been able to keep up. You have done so much good work this past year Cheryl I hope you stop to give yourself credit. ^^^5 on your January Stats! WOWSY WOMAN!!!!!!!! I am so inspired and determined to match your commitment and dedication! Forge ahead full speed!

*** TEDDYGIRL:
OMG you said the magic motivational word… SUMMERTIME! Since we live at the bay practically and that means bathing suits I am ready to get focused on that as my new long term goal! Congrats on kicking booty w/ cardio Kicks today and you go for it tonight with that lower workout! WOOOOHOOOO on your January stats as well! I’ll be taking mine on Saturday AM as that will complete the P90X cycle. Fingers & Toes crossed!

*** BELINDA
Way to go committing o Cathe Feb rotation. Sounds perfect for your goals! Enjoy Day 1 / BM2

Waving Hello ~~~~~~~~~ to Lori, Jane, GidgetLori, Claude, Kali & gayle

Hey, all! I was able to snooze a couple of hours and now I'm rarin' to go on BM2!!! DH actually left the house in his condition (and in the rain) to run to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription he had to leave a couple of days ago. Anyway, in his way of apologizing, he brought back my "usual" from Subway for dinner tonight!:D My usual is basically a turkey on whole wheat, all the veggies except jalepenos and no cheese with the oil/vinegar on the side!!! I am so proud of him remembering and I suitably thanked him!!!

Traci- The guy called me back this afternoon. I guess he's some schmuckity-schmuck responsible for the East Coast, whatever. Anyway he called and thought that I had received another card about this because he said that he had "forgiven" my debt. I was about to go into the whole "there is no debt if I never received the product to begin with" spiel, but cooler heads prevailed (Good thing I didn't try this yesterday!!!}( ) and reassured him that I was just following up. Okay, I just have about had it with you, girl!!! I had just resigned myself to not needing LIS and you go and make it sound so appealing that I want to order it!!! I had to order Cardio Kicks after TeddyGirl raved about it!!! When are you going to stop!!! I guess turn around is fair play, huh, girl!!!;-) :7 :+ :p

Cheryl- Congratulations on the stats!!! I can honestly say that mine aren't that impressive, but I am happy!!

Oh, yeah, I didn't take all the measurements for January, but I did lose 1 inch in the waist and 1/2 inch in the hips, so I'll take it!!!

Well, I'm off to Max my Body!!! Later, chickadees!

Amy-
Hope you are a big ole sweaty mess about now! See there... DH isnt really the devil placed in your life to piss you off! lololol
YOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LISYOU NEED LIS YOU NEED LIS

}( Hows THAT for a subliminal????}(

You actually NEED everything but Wedding VHS & Basic Step unless you just gotta have the entire collection}( }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

quick check just to let my friends know what's up... I had just sit down to work this morning at 6:30 and my DIL called me. We had snow this morning and my son was in an accident going to work. This has been the longest day. They took him to the trauma center in Charlotte due to the severeness of the crash. He is going to be okay but will have a slow recovery. He broke a vertebra in his back but it did not transect the spinal cord. I am thanking God tonight for sparing my son. If he had not had on his seat belt the trooper said he would have been killed. The front end of his truck lost traction on the slick road and he went off the road and up an embankment, the truck flipped over and crashed down on the cab. My DIL was at the scene and said she didn't see how he got out of there without any other injuries, the top of the cab met the seat. The driver's door flew open and the state trooper said if he had not had on his seat belt, he would have been ejected and the truck would have landed on top of him and probably killed him. WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS.

I'll talk to y'all tomorrow. He is still in the hospital for overnight observation. I'll keep you posted.

Omigosh, Jane!!!!!!

I can't imagine. You must be shaking. Thank heavens he's okay. Thanks for letting us know, and we will remember him in our prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cheryl

Jane,

I am so sorry for what has happend to your son. I wish him a speedy recovery. Thank heavens, as you have said, he was wearing his seatbelt. He will be in our prayers!!

Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back