Weight Watchers CheckIn TUESDAY 10/17

Hi, ladies, and thanks for the warm welcome. I'd love to join in.

Sandra, thanks for the answer on the barbell! I'm still trying to hang in with just about 2/3 of the weight Cathe's using in ME and my barbell is also one of those old 15 pounders. If she had 40 pounds PLUS a 15-20 lb barbell then I'M A COMPLETE WIMP!!!

Traci, we have a lot in common! I'm 48. I have 5 children, 3 grown and two adopted from Russia, ages 14 and 12. I went through a divorce after 23 years (awful) but remarried happily 3 years ago.

I think you'd be really happy at 125 lb with some muscle. I was at 120-125 2 years ago. Would have liked some more muscle, but except for that I was pretty happy. I let the stress of an awful custody trial for my 14 year old daughter take it's toll on me and backslid. We finally won and concluded the custody deal (hallelujah!) and I am fighting my way back to normal again.

Here are some pictures -
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9939592&uid=4791873

The before was in NY, Times Square - about 141 pounds. Yikes! I thought I was doing okay - the picture (which my DH shot) showed I clearly was not.

The after was a shoot for an article I was in. I was about 123 lbs, but not high muscle mass - still too soft. Was wearing Gap khakis, size 4.

I ran my very best marathon ever 6 years ago at 112 pounds. What I wouldn't give!!! But I also wouldn't mind carrying a little more muscle than that.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and I look forward to making this journey with all of you.

Of all things, I signed up for our local Chamber of Commerce' Biggest Loser contest. We're two weeks into the 12 week program. I figured the public accountability would keep me honest :)

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Aww, you guys are awesome, you know that?? :)

Traci: ooh thanks for the info on cottage cheese! I am addicted to the stuff, so good to know that my 1/2 c a day is almost 1 dairy serving :). I wonder if that + 1 piece of string cheese could add up to 1 dairy serving? (Not that this saves me any points, now that I think about it LOL, but it does mean I get to "eat" some of my dairy, rather than just drink it, and still consume the same number of points)

Welcome, Cheryl!! To answer your question, I am 5'5. I would LOVE to get to 125 someday, but the lowest I've ever been (since I reached my 5'5 height, anyway LOL) is 128. That's not counting those times I dipped below that because I was sick; that just means I was dehydrated ;). I'm most comfortable at 128, and wouldn't mind never reaching 125 as long as I'm maintaining at 128 (I'm at 131 right now, so I'm a little over what I normally am). More important to me would be to get my body fat as close to 20% as possible (I'm going to get my body fat checked tomorrow at a health fair at work--we'll see where I'm at right now ;)) and keep wearing the same size clothes (I typically wear a size 2 at the places I shop the most, e.g. Gap, Old Navy, etc.; I wear size 4 in hoity-toity--oops, I mean, designer clothes ;)).

Jennifer

Cheryl-
WOW! What a great family you have and your pictures certainly show your joy and happiness! Thanks for sharing your pics as well as your story. You have been to h*ll & back and you sound (& look) like you have used your inner strength to come out far better on the other side. I admire who you seem to have become in your journey.

I LOVE that you have a CC Biggest Loser! How fun and motivating is that!!!!!!! Please share what the daily routine is for this .... 12 weeks of maddness?

So nice to have you on board!

You are so welcome Jennifer - but Amy deserves credit for throwing that ball! lololol And YES eat your string cheese and chew it like its a steak girl! I am so with you on the chewing thing... I only use Protein Drinks as an after workout recovery drink other than that I CHEW!
:+
BTW: You must have a VERY different body shape than I as I am at 133 and still not comfy in my 8's.... my thighs and hips are an 8 1/2 but my top is.... well........lets just say I dont turn heads up there! ha

Thanks Traci and Sandra - I'm still riding high. My weigh in this evening matched my 2 pound weight loss this morning. WooHoo! Traci -my legs and glutes could sure use that massage. If the rain lets up tomorrow, I plan on running as my last workout before I leave Thursday on vacation.

Welcome Cheryl! So glad to have you here. We are close in age, I'm 45. I have two grown children, 26 yo son and soon to be 24 yo daughter. You and your family are just lovely.

I'll 'see' y'all in the morning!

Thanks so much for all your support! You guys are awesome! I appreciate it a lot! My Mom told me though that if it is cancer, which we will find out it probably in 2 to 3 weeks, she will most likely have to go thru chemo and radiation :(. I was really hoping they would just take it out, and thats it ... like what happened for my dad, but in this case, it won't be. So I am really really hoping it isn't cancer, and that it is just a mass that they will remove.

I love to do personals, but I am like Jennifer, studying for midterms :(. So I really gotta get back to that, because I haven't been concentrating too much lately.

And btw Traci, I am making sure to go to bed near 9ish, so tomorrow morning, I will be up at 5 and exercising at 5:15!!!! I plan to do LoMax. I just have to get the negative talk out of my head that I won't do it (no I am not crazy, but I seriously change my alarm clock during the night to an hour later, lol, I've got skillz!!!) I'll let u know if I do it!!!

Corinne :)

Jennifer, you must be nice and muscular - the only 2's I'm wearing at 133 lbs are the Lucky jean easy fits that are finally at last again "easy fit".

The white pants I had on in my reunion picture were 4's from the Gap, and they were as tight as they dared to be, I'll tell ya! :)

Jane - yayy, another mid 40s runner! I checked out your pix - Big congrats on the 2 lb. weight loss. That's a great way to start a vacation.

Corrine, up at 5 and exercising at 5:15 is amazing. I can only manage that schedule once a week, maybe twice at the tops!!

:eek: ;-)

Well, off to help my daughter with her homework. Tomorrow I think I'll attempt Boot Camp. Yikes!

Cheryl :)

Ooopppsss, I am just taking a break from the books and saw I said Jennfer when I meant Teddygirl, hehe, my mistake. Sorry about that. I guess all the studying has made me crossed eyed!

Corinne

Oops, Sorry, Amy ;). I meant to thank you for the cottage cheese hint :).

LOL now you guys know why I'm stumped about the weight not budging and/or creeping up. I'd like to think the weight is due to muscle, but I don't think it is LOL. My clothes are getting a wee bit snug, so I think it's my body's way of telling me to stay away from the not-so-good foods that I usually reserve for those "once in a while" moments when I feel like a treat. Lately it seems every other moment is a once in a while moment LOL.

Jennifer

>Jennifer, you must be nice and muscular - the only 2's I'm
>wearing at 133 lbs are the Lucky jean easy fits that are
>finally at last again "easy fit".
>

So funny you mention that because I can't fit into the Lucky size 2's! I wear a size 4 in Lucky jeans (and only in the Sweet Dream style--some styles even the size 4 is too snug).

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.