Weight Watchers CheckIn MONDAY!! 10/30

Hi everyone -
Back to the work craziness -

Feeling some nice DOMS from PUB yesterday. Haven't done that one in a while and I was really pleased that I was able to go up on ALL the weights. Today was Lowmax. I got some really great results earlier this year by doing a strict weights/cardio/weights/cardio rotation so I'm going to go back to that for a while (at least for this week, until the new workouts get here, then who knows what I'll do!)

Eating was OK over the weekend - I didn't track points at all from Friday on so today I'm going to get back on the stick. I find that when I want to lose, tracking is key.

Traci - have you tried that soy butter? Let me know how you like it -I'm always a little nervous about soy in general. I tried soy milk a few weeks back and I couldn't get used to it. Now, if you want to talk almond butter, yummmm. I saw that short cardio mishmosh - I think I burned about 400 calories just reading it!!!

X & August - welcome to our checkin! Hope to see you here as often as you can be. We're a great group if I say so myself.

Amy - Lucky you - you got the Turbojam! Enjoy!!

Kirsten - I think most of us have gone through similar stages. I found that I do better if I focus on my long term goals and not the short term numbers. That, however, doesn't mean I still don't get caught up in what the scale says, it just helps me keep it in perspective. You gotta do what's right for you.

To everyone else, have a happy day!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Teddygirl..........oh yea...SICK! You are just doing ANYTHING to get out of study time!:7 Just kidding..You rock!

Jennifer: I really have to pay more attention to Ellie! YUMMY
WooHoo on the 2# drop!!!!!!!! Its only a matter of a week or two before the rest is gone as well! GREAT JOB:D

Amy: You are really wonderful to donate! Its so important to do...
YES! Dh always comes into my office, sees me typing and starts talking computer sh**......I just SIGH really loudly;-)

Claude: WAY TO GO on PUB wts!!!!!!!! You are becoming an Iron woMAN:eek: After todays LowMax I bet you are sore head to toe...ahhhhhhhhhh. I'm really liking the cardio/wt/cardio rotation I have been doing. This is week 3 and those little muscles are peekin' out again! I think I'm going to have to safe my wonderful circuits for "shock value only" :( Hey whatever it takes to get where we want to be right?

Good Morning. Wow, busy board this morning. I'll have to read it later when I get home.

Quick checkin today as I'm super busy.

Weekend went ok. Sat. we went to dinner at a friends. Used most of my flexies. I did MM (I love that one).

Yesterday was a rest day. Did very well eatingwise. Stayed at 20 pts.

Today I did GS C&T. Ouch. I can match Cathe's weight for the most part. I have to lower the weight to 15# for the flies though. I just can't do that many flies with 20 lbs. I was really shaking after that one.

I'm still waiting for P90X. I don't think I'll get it until the end of the week. Anyway, I'm going to lift heavy this week using the Gymstyles in antcipation of starting the p90X rotation.

Today I'll stay at 22 pts. I have all my meals and snacks except dinner at work. Since I pack them the night before, I already know my points for the day. Dinner is the wildcard since I eat whatever DH cooks for the most part.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Hi, everyone!

Wow, Traci, you were up early. Was that for work?

Amy - okay, I missed the joke on the lower body workout. I take it that must have been via something other than weights? (ahem - heh, heh :)

Claude, I like your idea of a strict weights/cardio/weights/cardio rotation. Like you, I'd rather focus on the long term than the weekly weigh-ins. If I could just lean down by 10 pounds I'd be soooo happy!

Today I did the cardio portion of the BodyBlast workout on Power Hour. It wasn't nearly so tricky or high impact as IMAX 3, so I was able to hang in there (barely), but I was DRIPPING. I can tell this is good for me. Followed it up with the lower body portion of Timesaver 5, but didn't have time for abs. Will have to do that later.

Claude, is the soy margarine you tried Earth Balance Buttery Spread? I really like that one. It is actually a blend of soy, olive oil and canola oil, so it's not entirely soy. I like that one a lot and it's the one thing that's gotten me to give up butter.

Have a great Monday afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Hey, all!

Cheryl- No you didn't miss the joke! I usually don't know what workout I am going to do until I stare at my collection, but I have a general idea of what I am going to do be it cardio or weights (I am also back to my cardio/weight alternation rotation). Sunday was lower body, and it just felt strange to say "I'm going to go do something lower body" without bringing images of bedroom fun to mind!;-)

I will have to check out the BodyBlast workout. I haven't done Power Hour, I think I forget about it because it's "hidden" on a tape with other things.

Traci- I am with you and the circuits for "shock" only. I have found that my body is much, MUCH happier when I just alternate cardio and weights. Those 3 wks I did cardio/circuits, I didn't realize that I was totally draining myself to the point of not being able to stay awake on my drive home! Scary thought!

I also found the soy nut butter and liked it, but it was the same calories/fat as regular PB. Then I found the Naturally More. YUM!

Okay, sorry if this is strange/TMI/gross, etc. but does it ever make you feel excited when you "peek" at the scale before and after you do you business on the toilet and it changes? Holy cow, I just did that and lost .5 lb (and my pants feel better.......Ron White).;-)

Sorry, for that tangent....remember I worked last night and am a pint low on the blood volume! My brain is still a touch on the cotton-y side. Oh, that and DH has returned to rattling in my ear about stuff I don't care about...... x( . I just had to finally tell him that I need some quiet time to regather myself...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Oh, Well!

Claude: Was good to see you at the margaritaville party;-)

Buffy: Hi there lady..great weekend for you and off w/ a bang this morning..great planner you are . My P90X is now saying arrival TOMORROW........I am committed to doing some Slow Heavy work this week and will switch over to it next week.EXCITING TIMES!

Cheryl: LOL...My dear dogs wake me up ALL THE TIME... They hate not being allowed in bedroom but there were too many dominance issues going on so we 86'd them (dominance w/ dogs not DH;) )Great workouts on the table for today!

Amy: AGREED...Soy nut butter way too high in fat for me.... I have to find that dang Naturally More tomorrow! LOL @ your weigh in strategy... mine is (hide your eyes if you dont want TMI) get up & Weigh... wait until nature calls then weigh again....take lesser of two evils as starting # hahahahahhaahahahahhah

WORKOUT: Kick, Punch and Crunch

NUTRITION:
M1- WW Protein Shake, skim milk, 1/2 banana

M2- 2/3 cup slow cook oats, 1 egg + 3 egg whites

M3- 2/3 cup homemade (Near East)Tabouli w/ grape tomatoes, cucumber, mint, parsely, 3oz home baked turkey breast

M4- Medium Honeycrisp Apple, 1 tbs peanut butter

M5- Homemade chicken soup, 1/2 small acorn squash

X

Madam X:
Great workout...one of my fav's! Your menu is making me drool...DH late tonite and my tummy is ready for its final 5 points of the day!!!!
Hope we didnt scare you today...the posts are usually alot lighter but I was up early as was Amy PLUS we had another AM visitor from Japan....Busy busy day!

>Claude: Was good to see you at the margaritaville party;-)
>
>Buffy: Hi there lady..great weekend for you and off w/ a bang
>this morning..great planner you are . My P90X is now saying
>arrival TOMORROW........I am committed to doing some Slow
>Heavy work this week and will switch over to it next
>week.EXCITING TIMES!
>
>Cheryl: LOL...My dear dogs wake me up ALL THE TIME... They
>hate not being allowed in bedroom but there were too many
>dominance issues going on so we 86'd them (dominance w/ dogs
>not DH;) )Great workouts on the table for today!
>
>Amy: AGREED...Soy nut butter way too high in fat for me.... I
>have to find that dang Naturally More tomorrow! LOL @ your
>weigh in strategy... mine is (hide your eyes if you dont want
>TMI) get up & Weigh... wait until nature calls then weigh
>again....take lesser of two evils as starting #
>hahahahahhaahahahahhah

Thanks Traci. I know I'm not getting P90X until Friday. I don't know why but they changed the arrival day in transit. It was originally suppose to be here Nov. 1. Since I'll be in Boston on Friday, I won't be able to start the rotation until Monday. I'll be waiting to hear your reviews. Have fun!!!

Buffy

Hello everybody, just a quick report. I don't have any freezing problems as of yet on my DVD's YAY!! My w/o called for a 40 minute run, 15 minutes of Ab Hits, and SM#2. I did it all except subbed BM2 and LIC abs (17 min total) for the abs. Oh boy they are tough especially BM2 - balancing snow angels:eek: :eek: HELLO!

Thanks for the report! Balancing Snow Angels...Cathe sure has a way of taking a devilish move and making it sound so sweet....She's akeeper!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.