Weight Watchers Check In- Friday 10/20

>Hey Buffy! Head's up (literally). I just posted a few links
>in reponse to Traci, right above yours.
>
>I hate being hungry :p But I don't think I lose weight if I
>keep myself feeling satisfied all the time. I always scoff at
>people who promote weight loss without hunger. Yeah - it's
>called illness, now go see a doctor and find out what's wrong
>with you! LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know some people claim it
>happens for them. Maybe some people are born with an extra
>hunger gene??
>
>Sandra

Thanks for the links, Sandra.

I feel exactly the same as you. I hate to be hungry but I really believe, for me anyway, that I can't lose weight if I'm not hungry. I have a very healthy appetite (definitely a "foodie"). I just keep thinking to myself, let me make this sacrifice and get down to the weight where I'm happy and then I can just maintain without (hopefully) having to be hungry.

Buffy

Since I haven't said it in the last 5 minutes, I just wanted to make it known once again that YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST :) :).

Thank YOU for being MY inspiration, my support system. I am very blessed to have a great group of ladies to turn to when I need to talk about all this stuff!!

Just wanted you to know :).

I don't know when they'll have the next health fair here, so I probably won't be doing a follow-up body fat % assessment for a while. I did make an appt with a nutrionist to get some tips on how to spread out my eating throughout the day--that way I'm not hungry all the time :). The great thing about WW is that you can easily incorporate any kind of nutritional advice into the flex system, so it'll be great to get some advice :).

Jennifer

Traci -

TM stands for TreadMill - my big cardio standby. Mine has 9 pre-set programs and lately I'm liking the weightloss pre-set the best. It takes you up to alternating sets of 2 min. intervals. What I like about the program is that it puts in lots of incline (up to 10.8 for level 8 and 12.0 for level 9), so I am dripping sweat and keeping a constant cardio heart rate while running speeds of 4.3-4.8. So it is lots of cardio without much impact on the knees.

I ended up not doing anything today. Realized I hadn't taken a rest day in the past 2 1/2 weeks and I'm really needing one. But I think these very challenging Cathe workouts are just what I need to shake things up and start kicking my tail again.

My body fat on the little Omnicom thing is shoing 29% right now. I want to get it to 20!!! I think these Omnicom things measure a little high, but at least it's a standard to compare to week over week.

Before beginning this program in the spring I got up to 33% last winter. AAAGH!!

Cheryl

Hi everyone -
Only slightly less crazy today - at least I'm not at work.

Amy - {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you during this frustrating time. I think Traci and Buffy are dead on. This is a lifestyle, not a diet. You KNOW you are eating better; you KNOW your exercising is making you leaner, fitter and stronger. What's key is that you ARE making progress even if it's not the type that the scale shows. 2" is a HUGE amount to lose from your waist. That's a fantastic accomplishment!!:) :) Make one small change - monitor the difference it does or doesn't make over a few weeks. Then make another adjustment. It's a learning process - I continue to learn what my body likes and doesn't like in terms of maintaining my lower weight and gaining fitness. Hang in there sweetie - you ARE making progress and some damn good progress at that!!!

Traci - how's that knee doing today? I'm glad you pulled out the Pilates yesterday to take it easy, but was RS really ok for those knees?? I know when mine act up, step is out completely.

Lori - Welcome aboard! Hope to see you post more often. I've checked out the Wendi plan. I was actually doing it without realizing it during most of my weight loss. Of course I wasn't following it to the letter, but I was following the intention. It seemed to work for me.

Cheryl - LOL at your squat thrust comment - I can't do them to save my life. We can work together towards acheiving "big girl" squat thrusts one day. :+

Buffy - congrats on the 1.5# loss!! :)

Teddygirl - Oh, that sucks!x( At least you are recognizing that it's stress eating - that's half the battle. You will make it through this - just remind yourself of all the other times when you had stress and didn't eat your way through it. Hang in there.

Sandra - you are too funny with your KPC!!! I don't have that one yet, but it's on the list. Poor DD, she must have been so worried.

Jennifer - 22% HOLY TOLEDOS!!!!!!! That's great girlfriend, what are you complaining about!! I know, I know... that number on the scale seems to have total control over us. But, just like I told Amy, you have come so far. Don't let the little scale monster scare you - you can stomp that thing into submission!!!! :+

Happy Friday everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Forgot to tell you what's up with me -

I went to PT yesterday and the hot, good looking therapist unlocked my back. Took him a while, but it is better. Today saw the massage therapist who worked for a long time on my lower back and glutes and hips where most of the pain is. I'm expecting that by tomorrow am I'll be feeling wonderful - (it always takes a bit as the muscles are sore from being locked in the wrong position, kind of like a cramp).

I got a terrific compliment from the massage therapist. He asked me if I'd changed my lower body workout recently - I told him yes, I was doing one with more intensity (GS Legs). He said he could tell because I had more muscle tone in my glutes and hamstrings - Whoo hoo, thank you Cathe!! Now that's the kind of compliment I like to hear!

This morning was Imax2. My copy is taped from FitTV - I'll eventually get around to buying the actual workout. But, I've gotta ask those of you who have this workout. FitTv cuts to commercial just before the first blast and then comes back at the beginning of the second step combo. What is that first blast? I always end up doing 2 sets of 15 Power ups, but I'm wondering what they really are.

Last night's purse party was a blast - I got a new Kate Spade and a Louis Vetton (sp). Had no idea who/what they were until last night, but I liked them and got them. Of course the money I spent on the purses would have covered the cost of the P90X and now I'm thinking I shouldn't have bought the purses. But oh well, my DH will be happy to see that I spent money on something other than workouts for once.

Am really frustrated with Sears right now - our 1 year and 1 month old (yup, out of warranty) refridgerator has been dead for a a week and a half now. They keep telling us the part will be shipped tomorrow, but it hasn't shipped yet. The very polite customer service person told me today that it looks like it could be another TWO WEEKS!!! Am I the only one who thinks that is nuts??? We're lucky that we have an extra fridge in the basement. At least I'm getting extra exercise going up and down the steps everytime I need something from the fridge.

OK - off to get some more work done. I'll try to check back later!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hello girls! Had a moment and just wanted to say hi. Its been a rough few weeks the whole way around.

I have gained back right at 5lbs, have been crazy busy at work and have not even set foot in my workout room in at least a week (maybe more, it is all a blur),

I hope that if I can just get through the next week at work (MAJOR STRESS) then I can get back on track 100%.

In the meantime I am ready to start slowly making better choices and getting in any kind of workout I can.

I wanted to let you all know how wonderful it has been to take a few minutes and read your always inspiring posts.

Take care, I hope to be back with y'all on a regular basis soon, I do miss you very much.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.