Weight Watchers - 4th week of April, 2011

story1267

Cathlete
Morning!

Down 0.8. I do love this new scale - especially when it tells me what I want to hear, LOL.

Thinking more and more about cancelling my online and just using sparkpeople. I really want to narrow down my macros since I am pretty sure it's my protein / fat section that needs work and WW just doesn't get specific enough.

It's supposed to be nice and warm this afternoon so I think I'll strap on my KSO's and do some more work on my running.

Happy Sunday!

Happy sunday everyone!

I am going on vacation in a few weeks, so I went looking for a few cute pieces for my trip. The bad news is that I just can't seem to find any clothes that I want to spend my hard earned money on! The good news is that all the clothes fit--and nothing made me feel FAT!!!!!! Hooray!

Anyway, trying to decide what workout I am going to do now...something cardio for sure, still can't decide if it should be a circuit or not.

Oh well, hope everyone is enjoying their sunday!

Gianna

hey, yall. sorry I was MIA yesterday. It was supper busy then I my energy left me and I was a couch pototoe for a few hours in the afternoon. I did get my 2 miles in on the treadmill. I think I found my comfortable running speed and knocked 6 minutes off last weeks walk/run. Then I did the weights of HST. Loved that workout.

Today is my scheduled rest day. My eating was pretty bad with the church potluck, but hopefully I'll have another loss by next Saturday. oh yeah I weighed in yesterday too. I'm down 2 lbs. yeah.

Its late so I'm off to bed.

Happy Monday, Ladies. Today's workout was Low Impact Premix of Kick Max. My hips and thighs were screaming a little on the standing leg work. However, I did see some serious muscle in my quads. Me be likeing that. I earned 6 aps

b. Cereal, milk = 6
s. yogurt, peanuts = 5
l. salad, grapes, chicken = 8 ( Im giving my salad and grapes 1 PP each cause its a lot)
s. yogurt, peanuts = 5
d. chicken breast, rice, carrots = 13
total: 37

Woo Hoo and congratulations to Shereta for a 2 lb loss. That is amamzing!!!!! Keep up the great work.

OK--meals:
B-whole grain/fiber toast with jelly and salami
S-greek yogurt
L-lots of mixed greens with broccoli, carrots, onions, grapes and left over BBQ chicken from last night, and EVOO and almonds on the side
S-orange, string cheese
D-Taco salad with peppers, onions, olives, salsa, shredded cheese and NF milk

Don't know if I'll get the chance to work out. Today is a busy one, but I will try for a quick 30 minutes when I get home. Weight is still unchanged, but clothes are feeling bigger so I am focusing that bit of good news. Really need to find a new dress for this upcoming vacation. I have found that as money has gotten tighter and I have really focused on saving more, that I am much less inclined to part with my hard earned dollars. And anything I do buy has to be a great bargain--so I guess I have gotten cheap, too!

Hope everyone is having a smooth, no hassle, worry free monday!

Gianna

Hey, Gianna. Have you tried Ross or Marshalls for a dress. The ones near us have some cute ones -- Not too expensive either. And, that breakfast looks very interesting.

Shereta--
I am going to hit Marshall's and TJ Maxx this week and hopefully be inspired, thanks for the reminder about them. You can say it, my breakfast sounds weird/gross! But, I love toast with PB&J, I'm just too cheap with the points to spend it on PB. So, I use the low fat salami as my protein instead. Off to cok some dinner now, I am STARVING!!!!

Gianna

I only have time for a quick update.

Congrats on your two pound loss, Shereta. Great job!

Gianna I know what you mean about it being hard to part with your hard earned money. I recently had a lot of luck finding a couple of work outfits at tj maxx

I had a horrible case of the munchies today but powered through it for the most part. I only ate four crackers and a few corn chex as a result of the munchies. They were finally cured after an intense 52 minute workout in the elliptical!

Sorry havent been around the past few days. We're going thru a total overhaul at work that's going to require me to stay late for the next few weeks :( I'm going to try to stay positive and workout when I can, I didnt even have time to sit down for lunch yesterday so I grabbed a bag of chips from the vending machine and ate "lunch" while I was standing up and multi-tasking....not good!

Congrats to you all...Suzanne and Shereta for the losses, and LauraJane for powering thru your munchies attack with little collateral damage!

I'll check-in when I can!

Good Morning, Ladies. Today's workout was Super Sets. I forgot how much I love this workout. That last leg section was a killer and I really loved the chest and bicep work. I earned 4 APs.

B. Cereal, Milk - 8
l. salad, chicken breast, strawberries, grapes - 8
s. yogurt, crackers - 4
d. Chicken, brown rice, collards - 12
Total = 32

Stacy, sounds like work is busy - just do your best.

Shereta - great job getting the workout done already. I'm sure it's a great way to start the day.

Yesterday was my official weigh-in day and I lost 1.2 pounds! I have a long way to go but that's a start. My eating has been good. I had a hot fudge brownie sundae on Sunday with friends, but that was my only major indulgence all week and to compensate I'm trying to avoid the Hershey's Bliss chocolate pieces that I had been eating 2-4 a day.
However, I'm having major chocolate/dessert cravings today, and since I'm working, I can't really do too much to distract myself! Not sure how I'm gonna make it through the day. I really hate these cravings!!!

Chew gum, Laura. Keep yo hands busy. Count down to your next snack/meal. drink water, Think about how much you want to loose this week. Think "the old me would gobble up all things chocolate right now, but the new me will make good food choices." Hang in there. The new you is worth it all.

Laura - what Shereta said.....step away from the goodies! :D

Did weights and step of SJP today. That step is intense!

Hey Ladies--

Quick check-in before I do my workout. Sounds like everyone is having great success this week!

B-Eggbeater omlett with veggies and low fat cheese
S-Fiber 1 bar
L-Salad with carrots, onions, grapes, beans and left over taco meat
S-Almonds & orange
D-It's Breakfast for dinner, pancakes and reduced fat bacon, with a glass of ice-cold milk (my 4yo picked this meal!)
S-greek yogurt

Off to do some sort of intense cardio--took yesterday off and feeling some extra energy! Still no change in weight--absolutely baffled at this point! :confused:

Gianna

Happy Wednesday, Yall. Today's workout was Step portion of Intensity. Earned 6 APs.

B. Cereal, milk - 8
s. pretzels, grapes - 3
l. chicken, rice, corn - 12
s. yogurt - 2
l. salad, chicken breast, grapes - 8
total: 33

Gianna I can't believe there's still no change in weight! Hang in there. Hopefully soon you will start to drop.

Sadly I did give in some to the munchies. And I am most disappointed in myself for not working at my lunch break when I totally could have plus it would have cured my munchies. The good news is that I gave myself a pep talk and got right back on track instead of throwing the rest of the day away as I previously would have. I did 43 minutes of kpc after work and only ate dinner after that.

Greetings at the end of this Hump Day! Good news to report, the scale finally dropped .5, (it only shows 1/2 lb increments), so hopefully this dreaded plateau has been busted! I did a double check and I was stuck 14 days at the same weight! Not as bad as I initially thought (apparently it just seemed longer than it actually was!) However, it did take me 21 days to drop a full pound, but who's counting right?

Enough whining, at least it moved in the right direction. Hopefully the losses pick up again. I leave for vaca in 3 weeks and would love to be down 3 more pounds, but at this point, I'll take any loss at all!!!!!

Stay strong everyone, and even when we do fall off the wagon a little, the important thing is to get right back on instead of tumbling down the road behind it!

Gianna

Happy Thursday All. Today's workout was short. I did the Firm's Shape and Burn with Emily. I only did the weighted parts but instead of using her weights of 3lb, 5lb and 8lb, I used 8s, 10s, and 12s. I sweated so much and earned 5 APs for 35 minutes of work.

Laura, great job of gettng back on the wagon after your pep talk. Thats what it's all about. We're not perfect, but as long as we dont stay down for long, we can keep the damage at bay.

Yeah, Gianna at the .5. You were probably on a plateau. Good job of keeping at it.

Stacy, dont be too discouraged. This is a temporary set back. It doesnt define the total process of getting to success. Keep it up and good luck at work.

Suzanne, I love SJP. Its a true cardio-fest. The step portion is fun but like you said intense. And the crew is so thin in this workout. Cathe be looking like a 0, but she still my hero.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.