Weight Watchers 12/29 FRIDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Friday to all! We're off to a running start in Houston for new year! Ok...its really just a trot but that doesnt sound like fun does it?
Nursing the neck/spinal pain still... Its probably the worst "injury" I've had in a few years... Cannot figure out what to do to make it better. Sitting at computer really isnt feeling good so I stayed off boards yesterday w/ exception of a few peeks here & there. Suppose to do Yoga today but I think thats how I hurt it so I will just have to see if I can do a non bouncy/ non pulling something or another today to help work this out.

AMY: Belly laughing about sawdust in garage! Too funny about haircuts! You seem to be having a grand time w/ folks! SOOO Happy that his hearing is being taken care of. Your workout yesterday was KILLER... I havent done a 700+ calorie burner in months... you just keep on for both of us!

JANE: Thanks for keeping us posted even briefly! You are so busy right now and I appreciate you just touching bases.

CHERYL: I want you to be in charge of consoling me! Your post to TG was so kind and gentle.... you must be a great mom for helping w/ all of lifes little hurts. Your body is so gonna be buff from the SH's you are doing! I cant wait to get that back in my rotation. Thanks for digital BF info... So many brands all saying they are most accurate!
I do recall what BFFM says about cardio now you have brought it up.... I just think its awesome that you have found the magic combo for yourself...very empowering. You are too sweet~ I am far from an angel but do adore each of you and glad if I am a bit of help once in awhile. We all do it for each other thats for sure.

TEDDYGIRL: You crack me up! After that "scary" post of what you ate/drank you came back with a "it wasnt that bad"....... All I can say is that your body must be made of steel - It would literally take me a full month to bounce back from that kind of a day! So was it sleep or workout last nite? Thaks for sweet comment....oh shoot~ maybe I shoulnt say "sweet" to you just yet...could set you off to the pie palace! lololol

LORI: Your 1999 alcohol episode sounds like a very solid reason to not touch the stuff! I must admit to being "dry" 99.9% of the time. I can remember the days of drinking the boys under the table... now 1 small glass of wine and I am snoring in the chair! LOL At least its cheaper to not drink! Hope your Mamm was ok yesterday and BTW High 5 on getting so many "chores" done so early in the day! What a great DH & incentive! Thats support on the homefront! So you are a cardio junkie too? Oh my! MM would be plenty for me on any given day! No replacements yet for me but SNM said at least 2 more weeks before 100% have been shipped. Mine all played fine so I really do tend to forget about them.

Claude: Hope dinner out was great! I'm sure Seans missing your regular rendevous... will you "see" him this weekend? VERY SMART... start sneaking in a few healthy foods this week! That could make them leave early! lololol

Have a great day all- I will find some sort of workout to do this morning and then I'll be checking back in. Horrid storms blowing in late morning from Denver so I may need to shut down my puter for a while. Enjoy your last Friday of 2006 gang!!!!!!

Good morning Traci and all that follow...

Thank heavens this is Friday! I am tired! December has been one big blur and I'm ready for a slower pace. I have been eating well since Tuesday and I feel sooo much better. I'm also reading YOU on a Diet which is a very good book, and I highly recommend it. I am understanding better why I do what I do when it comes to food.

Will try to do some personals tonight or tomorrow. DIL and I are planning a shopping trip tomorrow for a "travel center" for the baby. It is supposedly a stroller and car seat combined and that is one of the things DH and I are getting little Joseph.

Have a great Friday everyone.

ETA - Traci, I'm sorry you are injured. That neck pain can be a well "pain in the neck" I know. Even when I get "kinks" in my neck from sleeping wrong, I am in misery. I hope you heal up fast.

Morning again to all!

Completed a modified Core Syn - avoided floor flopping moves that would irritate my neck. Also did first two cycles of HSTAdvanced... It may just work as a Core Syn sub for my weeks I'm not doing P90X.

Jane:
Hope you get some R&R down time this holiday weekend! I just so dislike long stretches of "frenzy"... big hugs to you! May 2007 be more gentle for you. LOVE the YOU books! They really do help me understand the things my body reacts to.

Back Later!

It’s a TGIF morning,

Happy New Years Everyone.........

First, I want to mention it’s alright now, we our about to enter into a New Year filled with new visions (are you ready) I prayed that God will gives us more faith so we can stand against anything that our enemies throw at us, and that we/I really tap into and understand what grace and mercy is all about (powerful) I wish each and EVERY ONE of you an ABUNDANT of blessings.

I got home yesterday, it was quiet time for me, reflecting over my life, 2006, 2005 all of it. And all I could do was lift my eyes to God, and tell him THANK YOU. I've learned how to say thank you FATHER in my worst days and in my best days, I finally learned the secret 'worship' and 'praises' in ALL that I do, To lift him up, even in my fire, I praise him for who and what he is and for what I am, I glorify him, I magnify him, I’m in love with him. I hope I did not offend anyone, that’s not my purpose. I just needed to say that because, I needed too. Amen…amen…

Okay LIC I finally watched it in its’ entirety last night and I like it, but not in love with it. I’m not big on circuit workouts as I mentioned before but LIC is doable.

No workout yesterday, took 2 sleep aids and that was that, My new beginning has already started. I already printed out all my Cathe tools for 2007 and ready to Bring It!

Be Blessed!

Teddygirl~

Goooood Moooorning everybody, here's to a brand new day.

Teddygirl, hurray on your 2007 and new resolve! Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful year. I really like LIC, by the way, but it's the only workout of the new 5 I've only done once so far. I found DM to be much more challenging.

Jane, the shopping sounds fun! Hope you have a good time.

Traci, thank you for your kind words, as always! I am so sorry to hear about your neck pain. I don't know what to even think except that maybe a heating pad or one of those neck pads you warm up in the microwave might feel nice right now. uugh! Do you know a physical therapist? Might be worth a visit or call. I know several here in Utah.... including the 3rd ex wife of my ex husband, who has come to be a friend of mine... (off topic, but interestingly all three of us have become friends. We joke that our club is growing and we might have to start holding conventions - ha ha!) :+ :7

Anyway, on to my workout. I'm doing BodyMax 2 - yowza!

Will check back in later -

Cheryl

Hi All....Oh TeddyGirl, I loved what you said, it almost brought me to tears. I am so trying to learn all of the things that you said.

Traci, I broke my neck when I was 17. I get terrible tension in my neck muscles, which brings on the migraines. I so sympathize with you. I hope it is better soon.

Amy, I am going to do Imax 2 today. I do not know if I will throw on the BM2 blasts, but I may have to try to keep up with you. That is a killer workout!! You need to give yourself 2 gold stars for that!

Cheryl, Claude, & Jane, hope you are having a good day!!

My son, who is 20, moved out this morning. We helped him, so I already got somewhat of a workout carrying his stuff up 3 flights of stairs. I did not cry. I don't really know how I feel?? I mean, he is 20, I moved out as soon as I graduated. I know in a couple of days it will hit me more when I do not see him at all. My daughter is 18, she is still here. I don't know, it is a strange thing....Have a great day everyone!!
Lori

Tracie, I must have missed something what's going on with your neck woman? I agree with Cheryl a heating pad, most times does wonders, that should help, get better PLEASE!!

Cheryl thank you! you are so kind, be blessed.....

Guess what folks, my boss told us to go home, once again, YEAH!! So I am out of here in about 15 minutes, but wanted to check in to say HAPPY NEW YEARS.

Someone posted August 05 rotation Boot Camp/Sweet and Tears, was Cathe out of her mind when she made up this rotation, I like it. Even tho, I may add on from her new series, but its all good. I'm going to start Monday, I hope you don't mind me posting it is a space hog, just want you guys to check it out. I will talk to you guys on Tuesday HAPPY NEW YEARS.

Teddygirl~

TEN-HUT Everyone! Time to get tough this month so double knot your laces and get on your game face....we got work to do....and you are gonna work Get ready to break through your plateau!!!

PLEASE NOTE: I made an edit on Week Four. So if you printed or copied this rotation before 9:15 pm on Saturday July 30th, be sure to note the change to TUES and WED of Week Four.

Sweat and Tears Week One:

Mon: BODY MAX...plus 200 jumping jacks at the tail end of the cardio and 40 push ups at the tail end of the weight routine (work work )

TUES: Imax One plus 200 walking lunges (and walk don't squawk )

Wed: Step, Jump and Pump plus Kick Max leg sculpting drills (if you don't have time for this workout...MAKE TIME )

Thurs: Imax Two plus segment three of Core Max (I KNOW YOUR TIRED BUT JUMP HIGHER )

Fri: 5 minute BRISK power walk, 400 walking lunges, 200 jumping jacks, 8 sets of 8 push ups, 400 crunches from all angles, 4 sets of 25 dips off the coffee table (and NO COFFEE til your done )

Sat: Imax 3 plus 20 terminators from Boot Camp (squat thrust climbers)...Embrace the Challenge

Sun: Stretch Max and a warm bath with epson salt

Sweat and Tears Week Two:

Mon: 5 mile run (no excuses other than to substitute an all out POWER WALK at record breaking speeds)

Tues: Double Shot Tuesday Boot Camp...Boot Camp (yes you read it right, do it TWICE)

Wed: Kick Punch & Crunch plus the stability ball section of Pyramid Lower Body ( get on your game face

Thurs: High Step Challenge plus the high intensity drills section of Kick Max (arrrrre youuuuuu wooooorking?)

Fri: MIC plus segment two of Core Max ( I can feel your energy now)

Sat: 3 mile run (include some hills) plus Leaner Legs

Sun: Stretch Max and Advil

Sweat and Tears Week Three:

Mon: 5am Fitness Fiesta....100 toe touches, 100 burpees (squat thrusts), jog in place for 5 minutes, 100 jumping jacks, 100 alternating front lunges, low pulsing hover squats for 2 minutes, jump rope for 5 minutes, 50 push ups, 400 sit ups....REPEAT THE WHOLE THING AGAIN!!!!

Tues: Circuit Max plus CTX Upper Body

Wed: Step Works plus Imax 1 (first 5 intervals) waaaah ....was that a sheep?

Thurs: High Step Training Advanced plus abs from Kick Punch and Crunch (I hope your getting your balls out and hey, while your at it, repeat the ball pikes segment twice )

Fri: Step Fit plus 20 minutes of Ab Hits (just a suggestion, TAKE IT

Sat: Cardio Kicks, plus Imax one (second five intervals) plus segment 2 of Coremax ( there's no time for down time)

Sun: Is there such a thing? Rest up, tomorrow is a tough one troops!

Sweat and Tears Week Four:

Mon: Three mile run plus Muscle Max plus PLB stability ball segment only ("You start off thinking hey, this is easy and then hello!" )

Tues: Imax 3 plus 200 walking lunges and 200 sit ups (this is tough stuff)

Wed: Muscle Endurance plus 15 minutes of Ab Hits (your not just sitting there reading this are you?)

Thurs: Boot Camp plus Intensity drills from Kick Max ("You can do anything for a minute.")

Fri: Gym Style Legs and run 3 miles (keep movin and groovin)

Sat: Double Header....Gym Style Chest/Tri..AND ...Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps... ("It's all about how you spend your time under tension")

Sun: At Ease and Fall Out!

You did it

Lori - guess we were posting at the same time,;) thank you. It gets DEEP but, cant go there. Have a very Happy New Years, my friend, be blessed :) :) :)

Teddygirl~ :p

Hey, all, just a coming up from sleep for a quick breath of air and to see what "my" ladies are up to.

Lori- I am starting to love that workout. I like to do a really long cardio on Thursday nights (it's usually my splurge night, so I have to off set it somehow) and I have been searching for a decent "add-on" for Imax 2 and I seem to have found it! It fits right in and I typically split them up and do 2 in the first half of Imax 2 and then the other 2 in the second half.

Traci- I am so sorry about your neck issues. Please take it easy and rest. I know that medical people push either ice or heat (usually heat) for muscle spasms, but I feel that it's what ever feels best for you. DH loves ice on his back!!!

Cheryl- It sounds like you could write for "Days of Our Lives!" LOL!

Everyone else, I am back to bed, I will check in later from work. I hope that you all have a great evening and keep your NY celebrations safe!!!

Hi again!

Wow, I am toasted. I am showing all the signs of overtraining today... heart rate way up, dripping sweat, exhausted. I made it through the first 45 minutes of BM2, which included the first 2 blasts ... and that's it for me for today. Trying to save some steam for a long run tomorrow.

I guess the S&H plus cardio days took more out of me than I thought.
I read in BFFM last night that you can effectively lose fat and build a little muscle or build muscle and lose a little fat, but that you won't be really effective unless you gear your program towards one or the other. Darn. That probably means more focus on cardio and circuits and just a little focused weight work for now. Definitely my focus should still be fatloss right now. I may have to take that into account for my January rotation.

T-girl, that Boot Camp rotation looks awesome!

Amy, hope you get some good sleep!

Lori - I keep forgetting to mention - you are most welcome to also join our group of friends on the YaYa boards anytime you want. We're the Friends in Fitness, and there are about 12 of us, and we're a real yakky bunch! I'm probably the one most focused on weightloss right now, but there are several who have successfully lost up to 70 pounds (Amy - that means you're still our top champ!) Gloria, who lost the 70 pounds, is a school teacher in Texas who actually appeared on one of the Firm infomercials. She lost her weight using WW - and now, like most all of us, she's "converted" to Cathe.

Well, on to the rest of my day. TGIF! Happy Holiday Weekend!

Cheryl

Okay, weighed in this morning - 130.2 - so the brownie bender is officially gone! That was with my hair still sopping, so if I'd dried my hair I might have actually finally been past the 130 mark - heh, heh!

I'm having a lot of fun trying all of my clothes back on again. Forgot how many I have, since I've been living in the larger ones for the past year and a half. Woo hoo! It's a wonderful day.

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.