>> Weekend Mania! MELTERS! <<<<

Hi Everyone! This weekend has been far too busy and I am so tired. I just wanted to pop in to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone and ((((HUGS)))) to those whose moms aren't here anymore. I must get back to the family, but my thoughts are with all of you. Have a great day. I will be back tomorrow! :)

Leanne--I will post that recipe tomorrow as well. :)

Kara

OK, I've still been a bit busy but I should get a break in a little while to come back for personals. I just got Ewan down for a nap, though, so I am going to go take a nice brisk walk for some low-impact cardio. I'm trying to decide if I'll go down the trail or through town--probably down the trail so I won't be tempted to buy a new purse or something.

Happy Mother's Day! BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hi, I am back!
Leanne and anyone interested--These are super yummy, especially if you like sweet potatoes. The leftovers are good as well. The roasting is a bit time consuming, but worth it IMO. I hope you like them!

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 T. olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 small, fresh hot chile, seeded and minced
1 ½ c. cooked or 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1 T. chili powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. c. salsa
8 large flour tortillas
¼ c. finely chopped red onion

1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast until tender, turning once, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside.
2. Reduce oven temp to 350*. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chile and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the sweet potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Spread thin layer of salsa over the bottom of a lightly oiled 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
4. Place a tortilla on flat surface. Spoon portion of sweet potato mixture down the center of tortilla and roll it up. Place the filled tortilla in dish seam side down and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling mixture. Spoon any remaining filling mixture on top of the enchiladas, top with remaining salsa, and sprinkle with onion. Cover and bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 min. Serves 8.
:)

Kara

OK, I'm back. I walked for an hour down the trail and back (well hour total--half an hour down and another half back). It's gorgeously green out there, but you can't see the river from the trail so well now that the leaves are up. In the winter when the trees are bare you get a great river view. Not a major calorie-burner--wish I could run but I don't trust my ankles or knees for that. :(

Deb, how did the leg workout go? Did you get it done? You know, my DH loves to complain about the clutter, but don't know you he's just as guilty of spreading it around. He'd be more guilty if he were as home as much as I am. The biggest annoyance is when he tries to clean up by piling all my stuff on the floor by my bed, so my carefully sorted piles of papers or whatever end up a messy pile. Grrr.

Kara, thanks for that great recipe--looks good.

Leanne, happy birthday to your Dad! That reminds me, I need to call my dad--his birthday was the 6th. I called him that day but missed him, then called him the next day and missed him...so I still need to chat with him. I did send a gift, at least.

Robin, how'd it go at the amusement park? It's been ages since I've been to one of those.

Jennifer, how's you foot doing now? Be sure and take it easy if it gives you trouble.

Tneah, ahhhh, your description of sitting outside the little cafe eating crepes and drinking espresso made me think of my time in Europe. Sigh. I wish you and I could sit outside one of those cafes and people watch together.

Shelley, oh, if only I could locate the turkey baster to whack the DH. He does need a whack once in a while. Usually if I just spend quality time with him 3-4 times a week he's fine. I took care to do that again last night ;) so that along with a bit of cleaning put him in a good mood again. TMI?

OK, going to go plan my eating and workouts for the week. Thinking of starting a 3-day split sort of rotation, don't know if I'll start that tomorrow or next week.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey, everyone!

Glad that Kara and Lainie had a chance to check in! I missed you two yesterday!

Kara -- Thanks *so* much for posting that recipe! It looks delicious, and I can't wait to try it out! How was graduation yesterday? Did you have a wonderful time? I hope so! Post some photos if you have any!:) Hope you're having a great day with the family!

Lainie -- Hope you're having a great day, too, and enjoying Mother's Day! Sounds like your walk was lovely. Did you go by yourself? Is your BFL program still coming along well? Are you doing the Pyramid workouts with it?

It's been ages and ages since I've baked, and DH asked me last weekend if I'd make my chocolate chip hazelnut scone recipe, so I had to oblige, and I'm just about to take them out of the oven. }( (If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. They're really yummy!) Not a good idea, though, since I also had some b-day cake from my Dad's b-day dinner last night. Ah, well. A little indulging is OK, right?! I'm just worried that it's getting out of hand.

Hope you're all enjoying a wonderful day! {{{HUGS}}} to everyone!

Hello Melters.

Happy Mothers Day!! Today, my foot gave me grief so I'm home taking it real easy after the house project and RT yesterday.

Hope you all have a Great Day today!! I had a cheat weekend, Friday night and today.

Hi all!

Well we are back safe and sound. Vegas is hot! In the 90's already which means a cruel summer is in store.}(

I am pooped, sorry for not alot of personals today...Leanne,those scones sound delicious, and yes please post the recipe, I already have people coming down this week, those might be a nice treat for everyone. Glad you indulged, believe me, I really do not think you could lose control of your eating, you are very good about it, and a few treats everyday is okay, really!I had a lousy eating week on the boat, I cheated on more than one occasion, so am climbing back on the bandwagon tomorrow, I love starting anew on a Monday.

So how was everyone's mothers day? I lost my mom a long time ago, and never really knew her. Sad but true.I know some of you are dealing with your own losses today and for that I send you lots of hugs.

So I am thinking about doing circuits for the next few weeks, and some extra bike riding to round it all off. I am tired of the standard gym style workouts and need to shake things up a bit. Whatta ya think? I want to do Butts and Gutts again, Drill Max, Bootcamp, etc...Ok huys, I really am tired, going to curl up with "Stars with cellulite" to make myself feel better.

;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.