Week of Jan 5 Check In

Hi Everyone!!

Hi everyone.

I took a few days to go straight to sleep after work this week because I was so tired. and it seems to have worked. I feel much better. But it might also be because it is Friday and I get to sleep in tomorrow.

We had our regular Dr. appointment today--- all is well. No weight gain for me this time around, however the baby is getting bigger. So, I will not go all the way to 40 weeks. My doc is concerned that I might do what I did with my other kids. I had my first son within an hour of getting to the hospital and with my second son, I had him within 20 minutes. So this time, I would rather be in the hospital already or my hubby may be the one to deliver this baby at home. (I don't think that he would like that).

Jen--- I wish that I could send you a hug. but since I can't I will send you positive thoughts.

Jess--- I do have turbo jam, I thought it was fun-- but I didn't really get a good workout- like I do when I do tae-bo. I like the thought about shorter weight workout times in her program. I don't know yet if I will get that program.

Laura--- Maybe it is something that you ate that is making you fell huge.

Tana-- Hi, how are you doing?

MD---- Good luck!!!!

If I missed anyone, forgive me.

Have a good night ladies.

Skyy -
well I dunno if its because I'm preggo or what but so far the CLX has been pretty tuff for even being so short. I feel like I'm getting a pretty good workout. (I've only done two so far though.)

well I'm so pooped today I'm taking a day off. I can't barely motivate myself to take my shower but I must ha. I've been doing errands all day it seems. I got a chest of drawers at the unfinished furniture store this morning. (was the best deal I could find and on sale) My friend/neighbor watched the kids so I could put the seats down in my SUV for it to fit. We did all of our homeschooling work. Then I had like 4 places to go and it took ALL evening. we ended up grabbing food out which wasn't the plan. I had fish/rice in the fridge to warm up. sigh. well we'll eat it tomorrow. My youngest was a handful today too. Hes just full of energy and the long errands were too much. Hes usually quite good but today I kept having to get on him to rile down and just sit there or whatever. ugh. I have a few errands tomorrow too and I just want to stay hoooooooooooome. I'm a bit sore today so I feel like resting this evening anyway. I hope I'm back full swing tomorrow. well I'm jumping in the shower and getting us all down to bed. talk to you ladies tomorrow.

Last edited:
hi everyone
i hopey ou are all having a nice weekend. sorry i di dnot check in yesterday. i went to my 34 weeks appointment and the midwife said i have flintstone feet! They are huge from all this swelling. not much i can do about it tho becuase i dont have any other symptoms that cause concern. so i guess i'm just stuck with it. i thought maybe it would go away, but now it just stays. ugh...lucky i live in florida and can get away wth flip flops becuase they are the only shoes that fit.

i asked abotu one more ultras ound since i was getting conflicting info from 2 midwives. this one said i dont need it and dont have a diagnosis but said we can try to get one becuase i had thryoid issues back in th ebeginning but she doesnt know if my insurance will accept it. i said i wasnt pushing for one, i was just wondering becuase hte other said she wanted one more so they couldknow if i had a 'giant' growing in there. But if insurance doesnt cover it, i'm going to be stuck with a $500 bill and i do NOT want that :( So i dont know why one would say i need one and th eother say i dont. I dont want it if its unnecesary, even tho i love to get a peek at her!

anyway, thats in two weeks. nothing else to report from the appointment. after that i came home and did two workouts and was pooped. i did Kelly's Step bOxing 2 and Jari's Ripped and CHiseled. I was tired after that . Then we had to grocery shop. We had pizza for dinner - healthy huh? And then watched a movie. i had a nice nite with DH.

Today we were supposed to go to a yard sale his friend was having becuase htey had baby stuff but his friend called around 10 am and said they sold everything! so we went to the beach instead for 2 hours and packed up some food in a cute little picnic basket. I got a little hot, but it was a good day. now i'm pooped. But dad is coming over for tacos tonite. I'm really eating badly!!

Plus, no workout today. Oh well - you only live once, right??? :)

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Jen -do you always do 2 workouts? wow after one I'm DONE! I hope you don't wear yourself out! I'm glad still no signs of pre-e. I hope they figure out the U/S issue for you! thats what we had to grab out yesterday. I ate a chicken soft taco and a pinto beans at taco bell. ugh. for some reason it doesn't even taste that great to me. I was craving my fish/rice. ha. the kids were in heaven though. lol.

My mom sent a package for me and I got it today. She gave me a small pile of 0-3 size sleepers, onsies and a few outfits. Plus a really nice blanket (good for belly time) and a smaller cuddly blanket for probably fall/winter when I need to cover him in his carseat. All the stuff is SOO cute. Oh and this mini size sock monkey that is just funny as can be. He has a squeeker inside. I guess he was meant to be a dog toy but my mom thought he would be perfect for a baby too. I agree. too cute. hehe. ;) oh I forgot some recieving blankets too.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Jess, that sounds like an awesome package from your mom! Very fun!! Has your neighbor found his other dog? How's the female dog doing?

Jen, sounds like a great time at the beach! I'm completely landlocked. Whenever I get a chance to take a vacation (been a while...sigh), I always want somewhere sunny with a beach. Off topic, when do we start going for weekly appts? Will you start weekly ones after 36 weeks? I can't remember what my dr said about it...I'm thinking the last month, but not sure.

Skyy, I'm doing great! DH & DS are gone this evening to monster trucks. Feels a little strange not having them around after dark. I guess I have no excuse not to work out tonight since I have the tv all to myself, and I took last night off.

Laura, are you feeling better? I went through a phase where I was popping Tums after supper because I was feeling bloated/indigestion. It went away for a while, but it's starting to happen again. = (

Becky, hopefully by now you're holding your new bundle of joy!!! Congrats!

No I dont always do 2 workouts, dont worry! usually on the weekends i use it to catch up from missig a couple workouts during the week. When my husband works, i will workout but usualy just cardio for an hour or maybe a circuit if i feel like i need some weights. My long weekends are where i can make up for slacking off during the week.

what anice pckage from your mom :) I love getting gifts for the baby. everything is just so cute and adorable

tana i am going weekly at 36 weeks. I just did my 34 week and in 2 weeks i go again and after that its weekly until i give birth.

my husband likes the name Eva now, i think moreso than Marlo. What do you guys vote on? :)
Of course this will probably change within the next day lol.

Laura, are you feeling better? I went through a phase where I was popping Tums after supper because I was feeling bloated/indigestion. It went away for a while, but it's starting to happen again. = (

Yeah, I'm feeling better. I just needed to have a bm. I think I ate too much roughage!! ;) Now, I'm just retaining water in my face--I look bloated there. Go figure!

I got my new Cathe DVDs so I'm off to try LIC this morning. I still haven't gotten my calendar. Argh!!!

Tana -no news on the dog. I get updated from my neighbor that lives next door to him. so sad :( I think the female will be fine. He was so sweet. I always had to laugh when we pulled up at home he would just stand there and stare and was so cute. :( He was usually on a long chain in the garage in the nice afternoon days.

Jen - I dunno on the name? I think I like Marlo a hair better though... maybe. but you gotta go with what you like anyway. I know you said Ava was a little too common but I like that name and its similar.

Laura -I hope that the water retention goes down. maybe it was just something you ate? have fun with the new workouts ;)

well I'm carseat/stroller researching now. I wasn't sure I wanted a stroller for the early months but seems they all come in combos anyway. I use it alot when they are a bit bigger. I'm not getting one yet. I have to spread purchases out over the next few months. ack. So far I'm thinking of getting this combo: http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-stylus-travel-system-7u02gao3-galileo.html

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i hope you are all having a nice weekend. been a busy day today, and i cant beleive its already 430. My days off go by sooo quickly! :(

i went to church today and whe i got home made DH his football snacks. Then i worked out for an hour.I tried Kellys new 30 min to fitess kickbox. i combined them for an hour workout and did the bonus standing/floor abs on the end. It was pretty good. If i wasnt pregnant i dot know how hard i'd consider it to be, but since i'm 8 months now, it was good for me!

no plans tonite, just have dinner with DH and catch my favorite show, then get to bed becuase i have to get up so early tomorrow and its another week at work.

Jess, I like the stroller/carseat combo. It looks pretty similar to the one we bought for DS in 2004. We'll be using it again for DD. I think it's okay to reuse a carseat as long as it's less than 5 yrs old? I can't remember if there's a rule or not...I will need to check on that. But anyways, we liked it. The only issue I had (and it was totally my fault) was the peek-a-boo window...I took DS to the park and his little bald head sunburned from the sun coming in. Umm....I should have known better and will definitely be using a hat & sunscreen on the next one.

Jen, I kinda like Marlo a little better too. Probably because you've said you're a big That Girl fan. = ) I like Eva too though. I have a really good friend named Eva.

Laura, that's strange you haven't gotten your calendar yet. Were they shipping it to Germany?

Skyy, hope you're having a nice, relaxing, restful weekend!

Jen - well I've considered getting that dvd for after baby since you can do just 30 minutes. I'd probably double up for now too. so did you enjoy it though?

Tana -I read several reviews how the new ones out now are so much better than the older versions. one thing was the issue with sun shades. I guess this one has a pretty decent one.
I hear the same on carseats about 5 yrs. I had to get rid of my second sons. :( well I got it new in the box before he was born but it was manufactured I think in 01. so it'd be too old and crusty now. I was bummed cause it was a really unique carseat I liked ALOT. Its still in my closet but I have to get rid of it. I saved it all this time! It was like the ONLY thing I saved from his baby days (just in case) then to find out they expire. ugh!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.