Watercoolers...Thumping Thursday!!!!

aschendell

Cathlete
Hey!!!! I take a couple of days off and now I have to start the thread??? What's up with that????

Back in a minute...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Okay....so let me tell you how my week has gone and you will understand why I have been MIA for a few days....

Monday....minding my own business driving home from SC when some old battle-ax decides that she wants to be in the lane I am in and just pulls over and creams me. Luckily, no one was hurt...DD was just scared...and my car was certainly drivable, so made it home without further incident. Of course, it took us an hour to get it all straightened out with the highway patrol.

Tuesday....Again, minding my own business coming down our stairs when I slipped and fell. I know it is a big shock that I would actually fall somewhere...but I gotta tell you...this was a doozy! My whole left outer thigh is swollen and my left elbow is pretty banged up and bruised. By Wednesday, I could barely walk on my left leg...and it hurts just for my clothes to touch it. I also seemed to have strained/pulled my inner thigh muscle as well as my hip flexor.

Wednesday...Decided to take it as easy as possible since there seems to be a rash of accidents following me around like a black cloud. So, took DD to see 'Wall-E' (which wasn't nearly as good as the reviews) then she went off to VBS with the fundamentalists...so, I went to have dinner with CBL who was in some sort of 'mood' and was pretty pis*y all evening. I decided to give up for the day and come home and hide under the covers for a couple of hours.

So...I promise I have read all of your posts over the weekend and this week, but I am sure I won't get to all of them when I do personals. Please forgive me...and please hope that my little black cloud goes away today! I am headed to lunch with DD and my mom in a bit, so I must get up and get dressed...but I will be back this afternoon to catch up with everyone since I am really not capable of doing anything that requires much movement. And no, Wendy, I did NOT steal you lululemon pants. I don't think I would fit in them anyway...LOL!!

missed you guys...back this afternoon....

kisses...
Debra

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

OMW Debra!!! You're a MESS!!! Well, you're our mess!!!:* Doesn't bad things happen in threes. Looks like you should be fine for at least this week!!! Did you put some arnica on your bruised leg?

OH! CRAP! It's art lessons. Gotta go!
Wendy

Okay, we're skipping art lessons this week. Thankfully, dd's art teacher was cool with my last minute cancellation. He's such a sweetie!!!

Back to Graceful Debra: Poor Diva! That had to be scary for her!!! I'm so glad you guys weren't injured from the accident!!! How long is your car out of commission? Did the lady try getting out of the blame? Or was she cool about accepting responsiblity? I think you'd best share your prozac with CBL.:p }( Okay, you didn't have to mention the fact that my pants wouldn't fit you! I can't help being blessed with an extra large bootay!!!}( :+ I hope you are taking it easy!!! No workouts till you're healed and feeling balanced!!!

Gotta heat up my java.

Ballistic HUGS!!!!

Wendy

OMG Debra - what a week from H*LL and on top of having to deal with XDH the week before. You need another vacation:p Any issues with getting your car fixed. I presume the person hitting their insurance picks up the tab?

Busy day at work and just back from running errands on my lunch hour. I've been voted to represent our job site for our Health and Wellness program that our main office has initiated. We started our own program in Jan where we track your activities and convert to miles and do a draw every month plus I stock a fruit basket in our kitchen so that we have an alternative to always picking junk out of a vending machine. I'm also starting up a 2x weekly organized walk at lunch. Does anyone have any other ideas that they have come across?

So, I get back...and now everyone else is gone?? Okay, then...be that way!! LOL! Luckily I have not had any further 'incidents' today! Always a good thing...although I still have the rest of the evening to get through. Obviously, working out has been been put on the back burner for me for a while. Although I had some stranger ask me at the movies yesterday what kind of workouts I did...so I must look okay still....lol. I still haven't gotten anything back from XDH as far as my last negotiations are concerned...so I guess that is about it for me now. As far as the car is goes, I haven't taken it to get estimates yet, but her insurance is paying for it. I have to take some sort of form by my insurance agent tomorrow and I will let him deal with the details. There is a certain place where I want to get my car fixed, and I am not planning on any sort of negotiations with her company. It was clearly her fault, so they can pay.

a few personals.....

Patricia...
I am sure you were elected to represent your office's program because of your healthy attitude!! How are things going so far with your program? Are the people in your office relatively active? Maybe you could have everyone bring a in healthy recipe to share in an office recipe book...along with tips on making fast healthy meals for the family. Hopefully no one will bring in a new way to eat road kill...LOL! Also maybe a couple of subscriptions to health or fitness magazines for your break room would be a good addition. There are also some family fun magazines that are good for getting the whole family involved. I am assuming that weekly weigh ins aren't going to make you the most popular gal on the block, though...LOL! You could sneak a scale into the bathrooms...you know how people can't help but weigh themselves when they see a scale...LOL! I have a million ideas...but don't know what your time and budget (if any) are like. You could have a dietitian/nutritionist come in for a brief talk as well as a personal trainer to give a few exercise tips. You could start a sign up sheet for activities...like hiking, swimming, running, weight lifting, yoga, etc. and divide your office into teams and whichever team completes all of the outside activities first wins a healthy lunch somewhere. Okay...I'll stop rambling about all of that for now...just email me if you want some more ideas. Hope all is going well with you and your family. I am assuming you are still kicking butt with your baseball team!

Wendy...
I was actually alluding to the fact that you weigh about 10 pounds less than me....where that is distributed is a different story...LOL!! My DD has gotten a J.Lo butt lately...WTH is up with that?? You should see her strutting around the pool in her little suits...she doesn't mean to strut...it is just the way she walks. Maybe I should make her wear Amish clothing. Sounds like you have found a wonderful PT...I am so glad! You never know what you are going to get. I guess it is good that he will be working with both shoulders...and of course, it is wonderful that you should get full range of motion back. I have noticed that most PT's really like massage therapists...as long as they know what they are doing. It sounds like things are going well so far with school, too. Yeah!! I know you will do great....I am sure I will need you to practice whatever you have learned on me....no telling how bad off I will be by the time I see you!! LOL!

Okay...going to close this window...and head over to yesterday's posts....back in a few!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

okay...onto yesterday...

Patricia...
Those X legs kind of sneak up on you, don't they?? At first you're like...oh this is easy...no weights! But then, your bootay has a way of talking to you the next day! I love Kenpo...one of my favorites from the X. Once you get used to doing that one, it gets a lot harder too. I do that one without shoes...just seems to work better for me that way...just a thought. Also, you may want to warm up with another kickboxing workout intro and do the stretchy stuff Tony does at the end. It seems more effective that way. I promise, you will not lose cardio endurance with the X...everyone thinks that to begin with, but it seems to have the opposite effect. Also, you are doing lots of BB, so there is always that cardio to supplement.

Tracy...
So nice to see you pop by! Hope you are having a fun summer between your certification and keeping up with those boys, I am sure you are busy. So sorry to hear about FIL...It is so tough around the end...and it never seems like you can do the right thing..it's either too much or not enough...and there is always some family member mad about the passing of dear dad. Sorry you are having to go through that.

Jeanette...
My dear, I have missed you!! When are you coming for another visit?? CBL was showing me all kinds of golf courses the other day. For some reason he thinks I would be good at it...I think that I would just hit my head with the golf club...LOL! The Tick needs a little extra hugging too! Julia asked about you the other day. She has been such a busy bee this summer. I feel like all I have done is run her around from place to place. Congratulations on you anniversary...I admire anyone who stays married that long...I don't think I will do THAT again! Did you guys work on your porch the other day? Still on the painting project?? Or is this a new project? Is DH back at work, or will he not get back until fall?

Wendy....
I think I answered your yesterday post already...so nothing more to add, except that I am so glad you are really enjoying massage school. It seems to be a good fit for you! How is dear Phil?? Is he getting any practice massages at all??

Okay...think that catches me up for now without heading too much farther back...Is Laurie on vacation?? I must have missed that somewhere. And how is Kim?? Busy with work and kids I am sure.

kisses to all...and any feel Friske can send some get well kisses for my butt and legs....LOL!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Just finished 3/4 of X-Stretch - some unusual forearm stretches that I hadn't seen before. A bit slow and maybe I either do it on my own in front of the t.v. or pop the dvd into a the computer and have it on while I watch t.v. Oh well, 1st week down 12 more to go.

Debra - boy, you're sure full of ideas. I think they're great. I really liked the recipe book one along with dividing into teams and having to "race" to perform all the activities.

I guess tomorrow will be a hit or miss on getting into the forums. Maybe we should have a race as to who can post 1st:p

Have a nice night and see you on the other side.

Patricia, I just finished X Stretch as well, too bad we couldn't do it together it would be a perfect dvd to do with someone and have a chat. DD did entertain me by singing for a while.

Busy week this week with work and kid's activities. I'm really tired. I took a (real) rest day for the first time in over a month yesterday. Long hours at work with some exhausting patients.

Congrats to Jeanette on her anniversary!!
Wendy, I'm glad that you got a diagnosis and have found a good physio and massage therapist to get you well again, so you can do STS with us!
Debra, Wow what a week for you!

I only kind of skimmed the posts, I was going to catch up in more detail tomorrow, but sounds like maybe we won't be able.

Kim

Hi ladies,
Looks like the old forums will be closing soon. I didn't post this morning, watching the Tour instead. My workout was short, Pyramid Upper Body up only for Back, Biceps and Shoulders. Tomorrow morning I will be leaving for my golf/cycling trip, but I plan on working out in the morning. Not sure what yet, probably some cardio and abwork.

Debra, you poor dear, so very sorry for the circumstances that have happened earlier this week. So thankful that you and Julia weren't hurt. That would be scary. Oh my gosh on falling down the stairs! Glad there are no broken bones. (((HUGS))) to you, you've had enough bumps! Yep, I know your bad luck is thru. Time to move on and happier days ahead are wished for you from my. LOL on your Meez! Has CBL been playing golf lately? It definitely is not for everyone. I played last night and had some bad strokes that were frustrating, but then I'll get a good one here and there and it brings me back. You might just give it a try sometime and see if it intrigues you. Yes, we are still working on the porch. I'll be gone tomorrow and Saturday so know what I'll be doing on Sunday. Most people would have had this little project done in a couple of weeks, but not these grasshoppers. DH went back to work at the prison the middle of June. You have a good memory too, like Wendy. Please take care of those boo-boos. Ouchy!

Patricia, the Health & Wellness program sounds great. I like the idea of the organized walk. How many people in your office? I know the stretches you are talking about for the forearms. I really need to do those as I feel tightness in my inner forearms (I'm stretching as I'm typing this).

Kim, thanks for the anniversary congrats. Hope you get some good rest time. Son's surgery been scheduled yet?

Must go now, hope the forum switch is smooth.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.