Watercooler .......TGIF

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started today. I've got cardio and yoga. Yesterday was legs/cardio and yoga.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy

Morning gang! OF COURSE I', the only one up around here! Havemade the coffee & sent wendell emails & now I'm going to go walk Polly..... Have to go read yesterday...Miss chatting it up- the gals are so silly here! they kept me up til very very very late last night!
xxoo

Good morning,

Tracy....Any news on your FIL? I was surprised to see you starting the thread. Cardio and yoga sounds like a great stress-relief workout.

Christiane....Good modifications with your workout yesterday. Did you make it back from the airport all right?

Traci....Well HOOOOOWWWWDY!! You're walking Debra's dog for her?? Is she too hungover to do it herself? What about the darling Diva? Do you have to make her breakfast, get her dressed, and talk to her about how some mom's have a "problem" and need to go away for a while? :D So, do you have the house to yourself right now? What fun stuff are you going to do? Sneak into Debra's workout room and have some fun.

Retreaters....<poke, poke. Are they breathing?> Wow, thanks for how quickly you got some photos up last night. I recognized each of you right off - you all look wonderful. It sounds like a great time is being had by all. I was reassured to see CBL in one of the photos. Wednesday's blowout got resolved! I'd forgotten Debra had a Wii. Playing some Wii games with you all would be a hoot. What's on today's agenda?

What's this about sending $200US? Isn't that a bit like Dr. Evil asking for $1,000,000 dollars? Surely the hostages are worth more than that? I'd be insulted, if I were them. Debra may not be a 350# man, but I think the jury is still out on the pervert part. ;)

Kim....Based on the skirt above those calves, I'm going with Debra. Pretty amazing, huh? I hope they take more photos of individual body parts. We can play a game. I'm thinking Debra's calves look awfully manly.....I'm just saying, is all.....

Patricia....Special ingredient for your jello? Ahhhh, you'll fit right in!!! I'll put you down for 6 bowls. Are you doing any kind of a workout today? Is your job a physical one, or stationary/desk kind? I often wonder how people with labour-intense jobs find the energy to exercise on top of all they do.

This morning I'm going to do Low Impact Circuit. Not that I expect any of the retreaters to even care LOL!!!! Heck, I think they should get up and do it with me!! Come on ladies!

Have a great day!
Sandra

Morning Everyone:

Can't stay to chat very long right now. Work really interferringx(

Sounds like everyone is having a good time on the retreat and count me in for the next one! I'm glad I finally found some people with some common fitness interests. None of my friends excercise much.

Sanda - I count beans for a living so the most physical I get at work is walking is kicking the photocopies when it doesn't work;-)

Tracy - hoping your FIL is feeling better.

Off for the 2nd cuppa.

I'm off to do my very VERY last P90X workout, CS. I'll then be done my last recovery week! Then off to take ds for a dr's appt, he's having asthma problems, then pick up stuff for his birthday party tomorrow. We also have tickets to the hockey game tonight, we'll see if we make it.

P90X results for those that are interested:
Overall I lost 3 lbs but I do admit my eating was quite bad the last month. I lost 1" on both the waist and hips but the other measurements stayed the same. I didn't do all the exercises on the fit test but I'm sure I improved on all of them considerably. I noticed much better definition in my back, shoulders, and biceps. I went from doing 20 pushups (barely) to 30 with good form fairly easily. I still can't do pull ups but I can do 12 with a little push up and controlled coming down. I've seen amazing improvements in my flexibilty with doing YogaX as I've never really done Yoga before and I'm looking to trying some different yoga dvds.

Overall I enjoyed the program, I'm a person who likes structure and can stick to a program I did the 90 day plan in 95 (taking 3 sick days, my birthday off, and one run day off) I usually did 2 runs a week during phase 2 and 3 except the week I was sick. I'm happy with my running after doing P90X. I did no substitutes but occasionally switched workouts if it made sense with my schedule. I did ARX all 30 times and noticed a big improvement in my upper abs, I'm sure if I didn't have such a lower body pooch I could notice increase definition there.

Anyways off to do CS, tomorrow is a 8 miler with a friend, then Sunday I will try one of Eion Finn's dvd that was highly recommended by this group.

So my rotation for the next 8 weeks will be

Tues/Thurs/Sat running.
Mon/Wed/Friday Cathe strength dvds alternating between S&H, GS, PS and Pyramids
Sunday Yoga

Hope the retreaters have a wonderful Friday!!
Sandra- Hope you enjoy LIC this morning!
Patricia- Glad to see that you returned! Kim

Back again,

It's so quiet around here that I may have to start a whole new check in for people whose check ins are too quiet. I'll call it "All by Our Lonesomes". Ironically, it would probably end up being the busiest check in on the forums.

LIC was a nice workout today. I do enjoy that one. TTOM arrived this morning, about 5 days early. My right hip/lower back let me know it was coming though, and has been it's usual PMS tired/achy self. It needed a gentle workout, and LIC fit the bill.

Patricia - You're a java fan too, huh? Oh yes, you'll fit in perfectly around here.

Kim - WOOHOO!!!! CS is done for the last time!!! P90X Round One is OVER!!!! As the only Resident Xer around this morning, I officially dub you KimX!!! Your assessment sounds almost exactly like my results from Round One, too. The benefits felt more internal (fitness level) than external (vanity). Your next 8 weeks look really good. Do you have the 4DS? Those weight workouts, IMO, offer some of her best heavy weight work, hands down.

Since I'm out of things to say, maybe I'll use all this extra time to go do some yoga. Maybe a couple segments of Namaste. Or I could bestow some extra attention on my children. Or just make them do yoga with me, and call it multi-tasking.

Cheers,
Sandra

This is Wendy,

Debra posted some more pictures on her picturetrail.

Sandra: Stop talking to yourself. You sould so lonesome. It's making Traci cry. And, she's not feeling well today. She's looking for the cucumbers to use as eye masks.

Tracy: I hope all is going well with your FIL.

Gotta go grab a cucumber slice!

Wendy

LMAO!!! Wendy, I'm envisioning Traci lying down with her hair wrapped in a towel, trying to give herself a home spa with cucumber over her eyes, a yogurt/avocado face mask, carrot and celery sticks coming out of her ears for decoration, and the rest of you casually walking around and nibbling from the Smorgas-Traci. Whatever you do, don't put anything in your mouth that came out of her nose.

I'll go look at those pictures now.
Sandra

Wow, no wonder Traci is putting cucumbers on her eyes. In one of the pictures it looks like she was double fisting it. LOL. It looks like you guys are having a great time. Thank you so much for posting so we are not so out of the loop on the action. Have fun today girls and feel better!;-)

Sandra - Good workout today. It looks like you Canadians are about to outnumber us in the States here. That would be a great picture of Traci. I think they should do that.

Tracy - I hope that your FIL is doing better.

Lea

Is it just me, or does Cathe and the crew seem to be getting extra cut while filming STS? If that is the results, I am so in on purchasing it.

Lea....What do you hope to achieve by posting an STS question here? Don't you know this list is all about nothing these days? ;) But okay, if you insist on talking Cathe workouts, I'll bite. Have you ordered STS already, or is your credit card finally getting warmed up? I fully expect to look like one of the men when I finish my first round of STS, or I'm going to demand my money back. :+ }( :+ }(

I've got nothing to do today, so I'm going to take my girls out for lunch, then we're going shopping. How suburban-mom of me. I'd rather be a granola-mom who goes and picks things from the garden when her children need new clothes.

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra - I would love love love to be just a little cut like Cathe. That would be my goal. CC is warming up.....decisions decision. LOL on the men. Sorry about posting the STS question. Where is my head today? Not here. Probably in NC drowing in the hangoverness with the other gals. Tee hee. Next time, I will join the ranks of the soap opera and post my questions elsewhere;-) . Have fun with the kids. Don't spend too much money, since you will need it for future Cathe and Eion purchases:p .

Lea

Okay girls, just back from a lunch paid for on the company dime. Gotta love that:)

Lea - according to your AVATAR I don't think you'll be able to get any more "cut".;-)

So is not everyone going to be doing STS when it comes out? Isn't that blasphemy around here? Careful in case you get shot down by a lightening bolt;)

Can we still be friends if I admit I bought it the 1st weekend it went on sale? Only my 2nd pre-order with Cathe so I'm no longer a virgin around here!

Ciao

Hey Sandra, if I used 4DS for the weight work, any suggestions on how to plan out my 8 weeks? I don't need cardio as I'm running, I actually would prefer to use 4DS as I only had a chance to do them a few times before I started P90X. Maybe this afternoon I'll check out the premixes on them.

How long do you think it will take to get my inclined risers and high stepper topper that I ordered March 20th from Cathe??

Hmm, everyone's gone out for lunch, we just had lunch at Costco while shopping:) Not great but at least I didn't have to make it.

Lea, I can't believe that you haven't bought STS yet!

Tracy I sure hope we hear from you later today and that you're doing okay. Kim

Hey, I just did my first completely unassisted chin up!!!!:7 :7
I was just walking by the pull up bar and decided to try one. I'm so excited!! Kim

Hi all,

Kim, congratulations on the chin up! It's so exciting to finally be able to do one. I think part of it is learning to engage the right muscles.

Christiane - I won't be starting STS when it comes. I probably won't start until Sept or Oct and then do the 6 months. I did order early though.

Sandra - I like the Hi/Lo Dome challenge cardio. I think it is a little easier than the other one. I'm thinking I might mix and match some of her cardio so I don't do so many arm movements in one workout. I tried the Knockout workout and it was OK for the first time. I didn't preview it so it wasn't as intense as it could have been. Oh well.

Off to workout. I guess it will be quiet around here this weekend. The weekends are usually quiet anyway.

Tracy

Hi all!! Just stopping in to say hello to the poor lonely girls!!! Hope you guys have something fun planned for the weekend so that you won't miss us too much!!!

Kisses to all!
Debra

PS...Welcome Patricia....I will catch up with you next week once I get all of these crazy ladies out of my house!!!!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Back from the lunch/shopping trip. 2.5 hours of that is about all any of us can handle.

Lea....If you want to get cut, I'd say STS is definitely the way to go. Unless you'd care to do P90X again? }( The nicest part about the STS program, IMO, is the cardio is going to all be your own choosing, so you'll get the benefit of the heavy weight training, with the enjoyment/variety of whatever cardio you prefer.

Patricia....Oh, you're not a pariah around here if you're looking forward to STS!! Most of us plan to give it a whirl. It's the perfect reason never to do P90X again :p I was something like the 11th person to preorder. But since I'm across the galaxy from Cathe's studio, I'll be something like the 11th last person to receive it. I look forward to the day when we can download Cathe's workouts directly from the site.

Kim....Congratulations on the chin up!!! Hard work and perseverance pays off! On using the 4DS, I should think it would be fairly straightforward, shouldn't it? Either simply insert a week of 4DS weights somewhere into your 8 weeks, or remove PS or the Pyramids and use 4DS instead (I'm not a fan of PS - booooorring!). If you're going to do only 3 days of weights per week, then either do the 4DS premixes (back & bicep; chest, shoulders & triceps; lower body), or do the produced weight segments, but add shoulders from LIS to one of the upper body days, and calves from LIS to the Legs day. Insert your own warm up for all the workouts, or choose the premixes that do the weights before the cardio option, and use Cathe's warm up. End the workout when you're done the weight work. It's all so simple, right? x(

Tracy....I received the new Amy's yesterday afternoon and gave them a brief preview. The Knockout looks better than Kickbox Extreme - more punching/kicking, and less hi/lo hopping. I may feel different after I actually try it, though. I liked the looks of it. The Hi/Lo Cardio looked really fun, although their footwork is flying by the end of it. It might get rather complicated. I loved their outfits in the CIA workout. And the music, too. I officially now have way more non-step cardio workouts than I need. I hope all is going okay with your FIL, and your family situation.

Sandra

Hi all,

One of the HC extreme cardio premixes is done. Have I commented lately how much I hate the blast challenges from KM? I only did half as I was trying to keep my intensity down. Then I did some Fluid Power and all was well.

You all know that getting cut is as much about diet as it is about the workouts:)

Patricia - opps I thought it was Christiane who was asking about STS. I'll be curious to see how many people (not us:)), in general, choose to do the 6 month version or for that matter, even stick with the 3 months.

Sandra - I haven't previewed all of either workout, but I did think that the KB was more controlled. I too, have enough non-step workouts; especially since I'm trying to run twice a week again. FIL is doing OK. They are trying to get all of his blood numbers in the correct ranges again. Unfortunately his body just can't maintain them. SIL took a huge nose dive and tried the unthinkable last night. Thank goodness she was not successful. I'm not sure what is going to happen with that, but it was a little, a lot, unnerving to everyone. I just queston the care she is getting, but there is nothing that I can do.

I'll talk with everyone tomorrow.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.