Washers/Dryers

exercise-lover

Cathlete
Waaaaaaay off topic, but my washing machine died too dead to fix! I'm thinking of buying a stackable set, but want a fairly large capacity and dependable. Anyone know anything about washers/dryers? Love to benefit from your experience. Thanks!

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer. Absolutely love them. Many cycles to choose from. The whitest whites cycle, really is, and worth the price alone! However, they are not stackable.

I just bought a new washing machine last week too. I went to homedepot.com, BIgGeorges.com and lowes.com and compared prices on the revised version of my old machine: a Whirlpool Duet. I got a good deal, 30% off from Home Depot. Decide what type you want --front loader or top loader--, what brand, then start checking prices for the 4.5 cu ft and 4.3 cu ft and see who has the best offer. Lots of these machines are stackable. The appliances section of the websites for both these companies show you which are stackable. Then, read reviews and see what you think ...

Clare

We recently purchased the Samsung AddWash Steam washer and dryer and the capacity is amazing - it has knocked my laundry time in half which is really nice with a family of 5! Lots of cycles to choose from and works great. The dryer also has my dry time cut in half - I couldn't be happier :)

Cindy

We recently purchased the Samsung AddWash Steam washer and dryer and the capacity is amazing - it has knocked my laundry time in half which is really nice with a family of 5! Lots of cycles to choose from and works great. The dryer also has my dry time cut in half - I couldn't be happier :)

Cindy

Oh, I ogled this Dryer at the dept. store. It is my dream dryer!! Some day, perhaps. ;) Looks like it has true delicate settings unlike many dryers. I tend to wear vintage blouses, but they are a nuisance sometimes to care for.

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. Do you think the steam option is worth it? There's steam offered now in the washer and the dryer. Do you use it? My old washer/dryer did not have this feature.

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. Do you think the steam option is worth it? There's steam offered now in the washer and the dryer. Do you use it? My old washer/dryer did not have this feature.

I considered a machine with this option recently when researching my new purchase and decided, since I had never had this option and have lived 51 years on the planet without it, a few more would not kill me! So, I opted for the cheaper machine, with high ratings and consumer report recommendations instead.

Only you can decide the difference between 'need' and 'desire' where this feature is concerned, as with all aspects of life, right? To me, it wasn't worth the $300-400 extra to have this feature in the machine. On the other hand, a 'soak' cycle and a 'delicates' wash are a must for me.

Clare

I really like the steam clean option on the washers - I think it can really get a better clean on towels but my machines takes a good 2.5 hours for that cycle. I tried the steam option on the dryer and it was OK, I can see the benefit for a refresher of the laundry but not sure it's a necessity in life.

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.