Videos limit you???

Bobbi, you are too funny!!:7 For me, it's the chest that is super puny. I keep doing my training, but if anything, my chest just gets weaker!?! It's really weird.

Bobbi, I also take after my father's side of the family. The women all have lovely, shapely legs, slim hips, and giant stomachs and boobs that make them look perpetually 8 months pregnant. No exaggeration. Fortunately, some of my mother's genes got in there and my figure is not as extreme as theirs. But the battle with my waistline has been a life-long project that has no end in sight! For all I know, I may have a Janet Jackson 6-pack under there which will never see the light of day! :( We all have our strengths and weaknesses. <sigh>

Hi Angela,

>I've been searching a long time for a program designed
>specifically for hardgainers. I think I finally found one and
>am starting it right away.

Here is another:
http://www.hardgainer.com/welcome.html

His book, The Insider's Tell-All Handbook on Weight Training Technique is excellent. It strongly emphasises form and using multi-joint exercises to work your body. The demo model, Constantinos, is also exceptionally easy on the eyes. ;-) It's for men, but I found the advice really useful.

Also, a great lifting resource for women:
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Lisa

I guess I am waiting to see what develops! I could certainly stand some development in the chest. Now, my biceps are getting big, but I attribute that to my kids keeping me on my toes with the housework! I have been upping regularly but I am only now getting to truly heavy work and I am going to stick with it, if it kills me. Which, it won't, of course, but I like making dramatic statements anyway. :) I am giving the whole bod a day off and I think I need it. I am doing Legs and Glutes tomorrow followed by PS CSBB&A on Friday! I might take a page our of A-Jocks book and do some intense cardio first! Or do it scond and see if I have anything left! I am going to pick up weights I know are heavier than I can handle for more than a few reps and give 'em a go. Then I'll drop. I hope I don't end up with a limited capacity to use my arms as I did yesterday but I am willing to, if it gets me muscles! Everytime I pop in a Cathe workout, I look at Cathe and say, "Bring it!" And she does! She does! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/bawling.gif

Bobbi "Chick's rule!" http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif

That's a great way to look at it really! Underneath this body is the body of a goddess fighting to get out! Never give up, never surrender! :)
I have long legs, a short waist and a giant rib cage but, hey, on me, it works! If I can unleashe the goddess, great. I f I can't at least I know I gave it my best shot! I feel like crowning again! Or maybe that Tarzan yell! I really love this and that's is the best reward!

Bobbi,

Just to add that I always do cario before weight training like Aqua Jock - I always have since it has always worked for me - I fear if I change it I wouldn't be able to do it that way! I look at it this way if I do my cardio I am all warmed up for the weight training and I can weight train hard after doing an hour on the step. But I don't think I could weight train then do an hour of step - don't know why that is.

Many people swear ny weight training first, cardio last - but the reverse has worked for me for yeas!

The debate goes on !

Cheryl

It makes sense. I am pumped up after cardio and wiped out after strength! I'm doing Legs & Glutes tomorrow and I think I'll do cardio too. KPC has been on my mind the question is do I do the whole thing or use the Timesaver version? I need to go see how long those two workouts are. I think if I get a good nights sleep, I'll go for it!

I don't believe doing one before the other is any "better", and until I read some hard, concrete evidence to "prove" doing one over the other is better, I think it's a matter of personal preference, and how strong you feel that day, etc. I know personally I like to do cardio first, because I would rather strength train exclusively than even drag my step out of the closet - LOL! Cathe's step workouts and her tapes like Boot Camp and Imax2 are the only cardio I can even stand to do. I think it's just the way I'm hard-wired. Her Step, Jump & Pump video makes me want to dance - LOL!! But overall, I'd rather get out my barbell and all my dumbells any day. But, that's just me. The only way I'll do both cardio and weight training in one day is to do the cardio first.

Carol
:)

Hi Janice! I do agree w/you. I was once upon a time doing strictly my weight training in a gym. I only did my cardio w/Cathe. The gym gave me the versatility that I needed. I still to this day LOVE my squat press machine, smith machine, cables & one leg extension & yes I was squat pressing 150#s & was up to 90#s on the smith machine. I do miss it & have been contemplating joining the local gym with a personal trainer. When you work out at home, you have to incorporate more sets & reps making it very time consuming. Otherwise, its just endurance work that you'll be doing. If I were you, I would join that gym & weight lift to your hearts content. You can still do Cathe by way of cardio. I don't think she'd mind do you?;-) Best of luck to you, Kathy:7

It is interesting and I have always favored cardio first or alternate days but today I did Legs&Glutes followed by KPC because Mpiquard posted an article and it said that depleting the glycogen in your muscles by strength training first would help your body utilize more fat when you did cardio so I though,t what the heck. I hope the fat that goes is that little store on my belly! I think L&G is more of an endurence sorkout and next week I am going back to Slow&Heavy and I am going to do it first but with shorter cardio because post S&H, I am pooped. It never hursts to mix things up and I am looking foreward to trying it that way. It may be really great or I may go back to the old way but it never hurts to try!

RE: Janice...

Oh my god Jillybean I was planning on just lurking here but truly this reply made me laugh out loud now my coworkers are wondering what i am reading I am sorry i miissed the gathering at the MOA on saturday with all of you I was planning on coming but hada problem to tend too Maybe next time
Lisa
Kathy tells me we will definitely plan one

I think they can be limited- just like any workout when you do the same ones all the time- that's why it's great Cathe has so many different ones- I also saw you mention CHYNA...did you get her workout tape? It's not bad...I don't want to look like Chyna though- I think if you do the only way to really do that is to go to the gym..say 2-3 times a week- and do Cathe's workout the other days- did you try that?

I guess everyone's body responds differently...I seem to have no problem gaining muscle mass (and fat mass, for that matter), especially in my lower body, just doing 1-2 "endurance" workouts per week with a 40-lb barbell (e.g., Power Hour, Muscle Endurance). I'm frightened to see what I'd look like if I went "heavy"! I'm trying to lean my legs out and have taken up running and lots of cardio, but it seems my muscle is here to stay. I guess I should count my blessings. I'm willing to donate 5 lb of muscle from each of my thighs, if anyone is interested.

Holly

Holly...

Bite your tongue, girl!!! You don't want to give away muscle!!!! Fat maybe. If I had to venture to say, I don't need any of your muscle on my thighs. I would take it though, even though my thighs are currently probably bigger than yours. We can give someone the fat though.....

Janice:)

Okay, Janice, you convinced me. I'll keep the muscle. No arguments about donating the fat, though.

I'm sure there's been a separate thread in the past about finding pants that fit for large-thigh-muscled women?? It's frustrating to try to find pants that fit around the thighs that aren't huge around the waist! That's a different topic entirely....:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.