Very Sad:(

I am so sorry for your struggle and loss. My heart goes out to you and your family...especially your doggy. Hang in there. May she be in peace.

Hi Randi,

I am so very sorry to hear about your dog's illness. It obviously was very sudden and unexpected news and you are faced with a decision that no one wants to make. I hope you do get a second opinion. What vet did you take her to? Have you tried the specialty clinic in Overland Park? Or Medvet in Mission? I believe that have oncologists at both places. Sometimes there are alternatives. And sometimes there are not. :-( But it can't hurt to check out all your options.

In the meantime, (((((((HUGS)))))) to you and your family.

Randi,
I am so sorry! Pets are such an important part of our lives. You are in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))

Gin

So sorry!! I went thru this in April, and it is tough. What a sweet looking pretty pooch!! Hugs to you and your family!!

Nan

Radianne,

I am so sorry about your dog! I remember having to put my dog down years ago - 1984 - I can still remember the lump I had in my throat driving home from the vet. It was very traumatizing.

My neighbor beat my dog, I nursed him back to what I thought was good health, when six months later, he got a blood clot in his brain from the beating. I did have two other dogs since, but they died a natural death.

I will be praying for you and your family, while you are going through this very hard time.

HUGS!!

Cheryl

Hi it's been 1 hr since we put her down. I held her in my arms and she went peacfully. There wasn't much alternate routs to take with her condition with being as old as she was. 11 years is old for a lab. She was suffering i could tell when we spent time with her b/4 we put her down she gave us all kisses then layed on her side. this is the hardest thing ever!

Hi it's been 1 hr since we put her down. I held her in my arms and she went peacfully. There wasn't much alternate routs to take with her condition with being as old as she was. 11 years is old for a lab. She was suffering i could tell when we spent time with her b/4 we put her down she gave us all kisses then layed on her side. this is the hardest thing ever!

Randi,

I am so sorry for your loss-the pictures of Bailey are beautiful. I know how you feel and it will take time to heal. I am sure Bailey is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Lisa

So glad you got to be there and she knew the love you had for her.

I know stories are only those, but last summer we came home from a festival to find out black lab had struggled so hard to get up he passed away while we were gone. He had been having problems with strength in his back legs and had laid down in the hot sun not to be able to get up.

He only felt my love after her was gone - was a terrible terrible night for us all. He was the first dog my DH ever really had as an adult and he had had him from a puppy.

We have his picture above the family room TV and I just remember all his wonderful playfulness and unconditional love. He was a joy and though he was the fourth dog for me in my adult life, I will always feel special to have had him as part of my family.

The dog I had when I met DH is now about to turn 12 and though doing OK, I am dreading the day.

I understand your pain and send many many hugs your way. Thank you for sharing your special puppy with us.

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

So sorry....I've been there.

kim

Aw darling friend -even though we've never met...what you did, you did for love of your beloved pet....hold your head high, and know that there is another animal so desperately waiting for your love....and it will hurt as much again....for the love they give us, that's the deal....but would you have missed it? Big hugs, and I'm not in your shoes, but have worn them many times and have 4 more dogs I adore (all adopted) who give me the unconditionl love and joy only a dog can...so worth it!

Love you for your big heart!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.