Very sad. Anna Nicole's son dies as new baby is born.

BAM

Cathlete
Anna Nicole Smith's 20 year old son died in the hospital where his mother just gave birth to a baby girl. Her daughter was born on Thursday and the son flew in to see his mother and new sister. On Sunday, he dropped to the floor in the hospital and could not be resuscitated. They are currently saying he had a massive heart attack. Imagine something horrific like this happening and being in the place that you'd think might be able to save you and nothing can be done. Life certainly throws out some unimaginable occurrences. Just another tragedy that has happened in the past week. We certainly need to be thankful for what we do have.

Bam

I read that this morning and just felt horrible. I just can't imagine bringing a new child into your life while losing another. It is a horrible tragedy. Losing a child is proably the worst thing than could happen to you. Bam, you are absolutely right that we all certainly do need to be thankful for everything we have and just to be able to kiss our children goodnight and knowing they are safe.

Susan

OMG...that is absolutely HORRIBLE!!! I'm sitting here with chills going up and down my body from reading that. I can't even fathom how she's getting through all of this. What a terrible terrible tragedy.

Deni

My mom told me about this yesterday and I looked it up on the internet. I feel so terrible for her. On one hand you want to be happy for having a new baby but then you are sad and everything from just losing another child. I couldn't even imagine what she is going through right now. I really do feel for her. It is sad that he was in a hospital while it happened and that he couldn't be saved.

Life certainly throws out some unimaginable occurrences, You got that right. This is so sad I really feel sorry for her, PRAY!

Teddygirl~

RE: Very sad. Anna Nicole's son dies as new baby is bo...

That is extremely sad...

I am so thankful for everything good in my life...

It also makes me want to make amends with the people who are closest in my life where there seems to have been a little turmoil...

Life is too short...

Carrie

WOW, I wasn't even aware that she was pregnant? What hole have I been living under?

This made me think about a conversation I had with friends recently. We were talking about a strange phenomenon we'd all noticed where very often a person dies at the same time a new baby is born into the same extended family. This seems to happen to alot of families, but typically the death is a grandfather or aunt or such. But to lose one child when another is just born - that's just tragic.

I know of something similar.

I frequent a lung cancer website and there is a "regular" on there that recently died. Get this: Her husband is dying of lung cancer and her mom is in the hospital dying of pancreatic cancer. Well, she goes to the hospital to visit her dying mother and BAM! she has a massive heart attack....right there in the hospital. They tried and tried to resucitate her too, to no avail. Can you imagine having to tell the dying husband and mother that she was gone????;( !!!

That is so sad about Anna's son. Not to be the devils advocate, but does anyone know if it was drug related? Not common for 20 year olds to be dying of heart attacks, you know???:eek:

This reminds me of something similar to.

Here's a link to the story of a family who had a son who was dying and their newborn baby was born just weeks before. The pictures of the dying son holding that precious brand new baby are just heartbreaking. They are an amazing family. Actually, the link is to the photos, not their story. You have to scroll down a little to see the pictures of the brothers together. http://www.caringbridge.org/az/bennylove/photo.htm

I can't imagine going through those kinds of emotions all at once.;(

Erica

I wasnt aware she was pregnant either - who the hecks baby is it???

also I found it peculiar that they right away denied it was drugs..how could they have known that fast

poor woman - hopefully she doesnt have a complete breakdown

She hasn't named the father of the baby girl. I am very shocked and sad to hear about this.

My cousin's son had a baby girl, he checked in the same hospital the next day to have a "routine" heart treatment and never woke up. Such a wonderful time scarred by tragedy.

The name of the father has been mentioned but it's not a celebrity or someone who the majority of us would know. I can't think of his name as I have only heard it once or twice.

I'm sure as days come, they will probably confirm the cause. As of now, they are still saying a massive heart attack. I just can not imagine what she is going through. As previously stated, you just are bringing in a precious new life and then you have to say good-bye to another. Such a tragic circumstance.

I really wish more people in life would learn how to appreciate everything and everyone in their lives without taking it all for granted. I know many on this forum value this and I'm hoping more and more in this world do also by becoming less self-centered and more altruistic.

Bam

Rokerchick, I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Many hugs and prayers to all of you.

Bam

I saw this on the news this morning and it made me cry. No one should ever have to go through to pain of losing a child. My heart goes out to her!

Katie

This is so sad to happen to anyone! It looked as if she was getting her life together, and hopefully, this won't put her over the edge. Very tragic.

Ann Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.