Vegetables Every Day book

amyg

Cathlete
I got my Vegetables Every Day by Jack Bishop a few days ago and am making my first thing right now... it looks really good!!! You can learn about all these random veggies, and then he gives you 2-6 recipes starring each vegetable in turn.

He has 64 vegetable chapters, each starring a different veggie. Yum!!!!

(Right now I'm roasting green beans at 450 degrees in a little olive oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, and salt/pepper. It smells DIVINE.)

That sounds like a great cookbook. I love trying different recipes w/vegetables, as I often feature them as the main course. Does the book have yummy fennel bulb recipes? That's one of my favorite veggies right now. I feel like I opened the world of veggies up for my DH. His Mom was visiting once, and I made eggplant -- she had never had it - never -- and she's over 80 years old! How could you spend over 80 years on this earth and never have an eggplant? Oh well, I digress. Enjoy!

Yup! Fennel and Apple Salad, Moroccan Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Olives, Fennel Braised in Cider, Sauteed Fennel with Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Garlic, Stir-Fried Fennel with Orange and Basil, and Roasted Fennel and Red Onions.

I've got to go to the produce market nearby!!!! :) :9

ETA: I have eaten about 3/4 of a pound of those green beans... :eek:

That sounds like a great cookbook. I'm a long-time subscriber to Cook's Illustrated and am very familiar with Jack Bishop. I love his recipes!

Michele

>Yup! Fennel and Apple Salad, Moroccan Fennel and Grapefruit
>Salad with Olives, Fennel Braised in Cider, Sauteed Fennel
>with Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Garlic, Stir-Fried Fennel with
>Orange and Basil, and Roasted Fennel and Red Onions.
>
>I've got to go to the produce market nearby!!!! :) :9
>
>ETA: I have eaten about 3/4 of a pound of those green beans...
> :eek:

Fennel w/raisins, pine nuts, and garlic sounds sooooo delicious. I like recipes that mix sweet w/savory. That dish sounds like it would taste so nice over some pasta. Yum!

The green bean one is super fast and simple. I cook kind of a lot, so I see cooking as simply following directions. Some of them look like they take a while, but most seem pretty straightforward. HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.