Valerie Waters AHB dvd set

When did you order?

Hey Cynthia just curious when you placed your order? I placed mine on Sept. 21st and thought I'd have it by now.

Thanks,
Laura

I'm going to give this workout a chance before I begin adding to it. I was thinking about adding an insanity circuit on the end. Maybe the warm-up to insanity that ends with a stretch.

Have you tried any of the other workouts yet?

Maria

Hello,
I ordered on the 23rd and received it on Oct. 9th, postmarked on Oct. 8. I am in San Diego however hence the fast ship. Not thrilled seeing it cost $6.50 to ship yet shipping was twenty bucks or so. Haven't even previewed the workouts but will do so today. Glad I read some of the posts here so that I will make sure to have a kettle bell on hand.
Booboo

Hello,
I ordered on the 23rd and received it on Oct. 9th, postmarked on Oct. 8. I am in San Diego however hence the fast ship. Not thrilled seeing it cost $6.50 to ship yet shipping was twenty bucks or so. Haven't even previewed the workouts but will do so today. Glad I read some of the posts here so that I will make sure to have a kettle bell on hand.
Booboo

Anxiously awaiting your impressions...

Have you tried any of the other workouts yet?

Maria

Yes I have. I'm not impressed at all.:( I'm thinking about returning them. I don't know how to make them work for me. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to.

These have such a homemade feel to me and I don't care for Valerie as an instructor.
I have so many Cathe DVD's that I can put together for months of full body circuits.

I just did the first DVD this morning and I agree about the homemade-ness. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

I want to give these a chance since I have wanted Valerie DVD's for so long, but I definitely think I'm going to have to add on to these. I did the side series from Squeeze Stronger after the workout this morning.

Cynthia, what is it about these that you don't think you'll be able to make work?

Yes I have. I'm not impressed at all.:( I'm thinking about returning them. I don't know how to make them work for me. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to.

These have such a homemade feel to me and I don't care for Valerie as an instructor.
I have so many Cathe DVD's that I can put together for months of full body circuits.

Ahhh...I'm sorry to hear this. Your testimonials about RCR and IWMBB and your eagerness to purchase AHB pushed me over into ordering. What is it about these that you don't like? Are they not as hard as RCR or IWMBB? I thought these were supposed to be harder? I worry about the homemade feel as well but I'm hoping to get past that. Have you tried any of the second phase which are supposed to be harder? Sorry for all the questions. I know there is a money back guarantee and all but I'm hoping I don't regret this purchase. Thanks.

dang it! with these replies i already want to return these and i haven't even gotten them yet. plus right now i'm into turbulance training. I may return them also. what is the return policy on them???

Ahhh...I'm sorry to hear this. Your testimonials about RCR and IWMBB and your eagerness to purchase AHB pushed me over into ordering. What is it about these that you don't like? Are they not as hard as RCR or IWMBB? I thought these were supposed to be harder? I worry about the homemade feel as well but I'm hoping to get past that. Have you tried any of the second phase which are supposed to be harder? Sorry for all the questions. I know there is a money back guarantee and all but I'm hoping I don't regret this purchase. Thanks.

I purchased this based on the past workouts too. I prefer Valerie's paper workouts. I didn't realize how much I modified the paper workouts until now. My problem is I do not like Valerie's instructions and it's just too much work for me to modify the video workouts. I have too many workouts I would rather do. There is already a dread factor for me, so I'm going to send them back now.

Cynthia, please post this on VF. I have a feeling that reviews on VF aren't as candid as they ought to be. I hope you get a speedy refund.

Cynthia, what is it about these that you don't think you'll be able to make work?

I don't care for Valerie's upper body form.
I find myself turning away from the TV to perform the move. I'm not clicking with her as an instructor.

Cynthia, please post this on VF. I have a feeling that reviews on VF aren't as candid as they ought to be. I hope you get a speedy refund.

I noticed that too. I wonder why that is. I thought VF was the place to go to for candid reviews? Do you think it is because Ryan is hanging out there?

I was trying not to be very negative about this program. This program may work for some women.

I emailed Valerie and got an immediate response. There is a 30 day return policy. I will be out a total of $25 for shipping costs, but some refund is better than letting these collect dust.
I thought about trading on the YaYa board, but I have one scratched disc from the poor packing and one disc that has a big editing error.

Last edited:
There is a 30 day return policy. I will be out a total of $25 for shipping costs, but some refund is better than letting these collect dust.

I thought shipping was $20 (for the deluxe) - where did the other $5 come from - or if it was the basic set you ordered where did the other $10 come from? Handling???

I thought shipping was $20 (for the deluxe) - where did the other $5 come from - or if it was the basic set you ordered where did the other $10 come from? Handling???

I paid $15.90 for the initial shipping.
I just printed a USPS label for $10.20 return shipping.

Refunds are for the cost of the program minus shipping.

I paid $15.90 for the initial shipping.
I just printed a USPS label for $10.20 return shipping.

Refunds are for the cost of the program minus shipping.

Sorry, it didn't occur to me that we had to pay for return shipping. Doh! What to do, what to do? Not sure if mine has shipped yet...I'd hate to be out $25 to return it or $100 if I don't. I wish there were more reviews from others who have actually done it versus just previewing. It seems most of the reviews at VF are from preview only...

I noticed that too. I wonder why that is. I thought VF was the place to go to for candid reviews? Do you think it is because Ryan is hanging out there?

BINGO. This is exactly what happened during the Wendilee thing. People were afraid to speak up about her lousy form because she and her pals were hanging around and defending her. (I'm not saying Valerie's that bad - which is hardly possible! - but this is the effect that tends to happen)

Cynthia, what you posted about preferring Valerie's paper workouts to her DVDs, isn't negative at all. It can really help people decide because this isn't a cheap set and an instructor's "presence" is a big part of making DVDs tolerable. I do appreciate the posts you've written so far. I was starting to think how strange that several VFers got this set but haven't said anything except about the bracelet and bonuses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.