Upper arm fat - help needed!

LucyH

Cathlete
I am wanting to slim my upper arms from the elbows up and also get rid of flab at the back of my arms. Would it be best to do lower weight high reps. or high weight low reps to help with this? Any other ideas? I would love to be able to wear sleeveless tops!

You can only build muscle where you want it- you can't choose where to lose fat. You have to have a calorie deficit to lose fat- and you don't get to decide where your body loses it first. Sucks, doesn't it? That's an area I'd love to take care of, along with my jodphurs!

I'm doing STS and have built great muscles but you can't see them thru the fat and now my bat wings are even more flappy. I can't wait to lose my weight so I can see the muscles I'm building.

One exercise

I am wanting to slim my upper arms from the elbows up and also get rid of flab at the back of my arms. Would it be best to do lower weight high reps. or high weight low reps to help with this? Any other ideas? I would love to be able to wear sleeveless tops!

Pushups are the best exercise for your upper arm. Chinups are great, too. I spend zero time in the weight room. I also have a TRX trainer that's good, too, but that's suspension training.

My upper arms are a favorite fat storage area, which is funny because the rest of my arms are kinda skinny. I figure it's what will keep me alive should push come to shove, and the country experiences a severe food shortage. :D

They have slimmed down over the last year though. (Though they'll never be the stick arms so many female celebrities are sporting ~ not sure I'd want that look either actually) I would guess it's a combination of weight training in general, cardio, and diet.

Push ups are indeed great!

my experience

Has been that only a low carb diet has helped with that area. It has to do with hormones. People with blood sugar problems and insulin issues often have that. The weight lifting never made any difference to my arm area. I know that running has thinned out my thigh area so that makes me wonder if walking on your hands would work :p

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. RapidBreath, I am diabetic (controlled by diet) so this interests me about the blood sugar issue. I'd never thought of that aspect. I'll take another look at what I'm eating. It always seems to come back to a clean diet.:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.