Updated STS Breakdown

Michele, you won't believe this (although it's true and Deb will attest to that), but I've been a regular here since the mid-1990's. :) I lurk more than I post, apparently. Which would be a huge shockeroo to anyone who knows me, by the way, because I am quite the Chatty Kathy. I'm known for being able to pretty much converse with a fence post. Debbie will attest to THAT, too!! ;-)

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

I was following this thread, then also read Beavs's response, and had to say...

that was hillarious!

Just a comment as I peruse the forums.

Marcia

>Who is Clare/maddiesmum? And who/what gives her the right to
>be so nasty to anyone on this site?

I personally didn't find Clare's response nasty, I actually agree with her. I mean, how hard is it to spend 5 minutes and do a search to find most of the answers to the "same" questions that continually come up? That's why they set up the FAQ site. Perhaps we should all revisit this.

Have a great evening everyone!

Annette :)

It came across pretty snippy at least it came across that way to some.
Most topics have already been discussed somewhere in these forums or elsewhere so by your logic there would never be any new daily "conversations". How boring would that be? Pretty soon this forum would cease to exist.

tami

It ABSOLUTELY came across nasty....like all her other posts. Here's a few that you might want to recall:

Allison:

I have no idea what you are referring to. It seems to me that in fact it has very much been a case of "business as usual." The amount of commentary that proliferates when a new series is announced is always high. There are always supporters and detractors. That doesn't constitute whining. And as far as the multitude of questions flying around and the depth of uncertainty some people feel, they are entitled to them: personally $200 for a series is a huge load of money for some of us. So, we want to make sure we know what we are getting. Stands to reason.

Some could say, in fact, that your post constitutes whining!

And thanks, I am very glad to be alive today!

Clare

maddiesmum

No offence to you, but why does anyone think this is news? Women get pregnant every day. So what? I am sooooooo tired of having celebrity pregnancies and their "adorable" mini-me's shoved down my throat as if the fact of a celebrity getting pregnant ranked as being as important as the assassination of a major world leader.

Clare

maddiesmum

SNM has repeatedly said that they will do their utmost to deliver the DVDs to us as quickly as possible, but not at the expense of sacrificing the quality of their product.

They have issued no statement regarding estimated time for shipping. How could they? They haven't even filmed yet.

Why don't we just all sit back and let them get on with the job?

Clare

maddiesmum

end of quotes......

So Clare's an authority on everything? Shame on everyone in this thread for making light of the OP's discussion. I personally sent her a PM to tell her I support her. She wasn't asking for info that was already stated somewhere else here.....she was asking for UPDATED and detailed info. I'd like to see that too. It's a lot of money. She shouldn't have to SEARCH for it or at least be TOLD to by a random person to "take some initiative and do so".

So you're going to answer to crabbiness with more crabbiness? Pretty please, let's not go down this bumpy road. I hope that people will feel comfortable to ask questions and yet not have to worry about old posts coming back to haunt them.

Oh, dear, I hope I'm not making this worse by chiming in, but this is the second tension-filled chain I've read in a few weeks.

I'm so thankful that Cathe, Chris, and SNM answer our posts when they can. If it becomes a worry that posts will flare into hurt feelings (customers), they may not want to provide us with so much information. Some stores/fitness experts don't provide this much customer contact and interactive dialogue. I hope they continue this, without worry.

I do try not to read into people's posts. Like e-mail, tone is hard to discern, and what might seem like an innocent post can be read the wrong way. I simply ignore a post that I don't think is appropriate and soon it goes away.

Now, I'll keep my opinions to myself. Have a great day.

>So you're going to answer to crabbiness with more crabbiness?
> Pretty please, let's not go down this bumpy road. I hope
>that people will feel comfortable to ask questions and yet not
>have to worry about old posts coming back to haunt them.

DITTO!

Annette

>I do try not to read into people's posts. Like e-mail, tone is
>hard to discern, and what might seem like an innocent post can
>be read the wrong way. I simply ignore a post that I don't
>think is appropriate and soon it goes away.
>
>Now, I'll keep my opinions to myself. Have a great day.
>
>

VERY WELL SAID!!! and you have just as much right to voice your opinion as anyone ;)

You too, Beavs!

And I don't think anyone was trying to make light of the OP's question, but somehow this thread took a nasty turn and we were just trying to lighten IT, you know, levity and all that. ;)

Don't you all love how people run out and open a new account so they can post snippy comments without anyone knowing who they really are? Are we in junior high? And what is it about the STS subforum that seems to bring out the worst in people? I wouldn't blame Cathe one bit if she decided to nix presales in the future and not even mention a workout until it is completely filmed so that she can give everyone every single minute detail and number of breaths they took while doing each exercise and the color underwear they wore in each segment (and whether it is lucky or not Beavs). How many other instructors give this much detail before even filming a set of workouts?

All that said, for someone who is new to the site and hasn't seen the repeated posts asking for more info over and over again, they don't necessarily know any better. I don't think Clare meant to sound snippy. It's just easy to get short after seeing the same thing posted again. Let's all try to get along. :) The responses to Clare have been far more nasty than any of hers were and the maturity level is nosediving.

Just as a side note - if you visit many forums, you will notice that people often suggest you do a search before asking a question. It is actually part of some of the terms of use statements. It helps cut down on numerous posts on the same subject which can clutter the board and after awhile people get tired of answering them anyways. It's just good forum etiquette. And trust me, the ladies here are wayyyy nicer at reminding you of that than people are on other sites.

You know, as much as I can appreciate Clare's direct nature at times, I think her response was pretty snippy. I can picture someone shaking a finger:

<<Yes, you are right. They have already answered these questions. With a little initiative and time you can find the answers for yourself.>>

"Helpful" answers like this aren't gonna make SNM any money. If I was an infrequent poster/forum member and got that kind of response, I'd be spending my cash elsewhere.

Let's face it, this series is COMPLETELY different from everything else out there and there are a TON of questions. Cathe's sticky titled "Helping you understand STS" helps, but there are still a lot of questions about equipment. A similar comprehensive sticky about that would be pretty helpful, and probably drive up sales for those who are still on the fence due to these kinds of questions.

Spending an hour weeding through other posts isn't always an option.

The OP's post was completely valid.

On any forum, it is considered considerate to search to see if your questions has been asked and responded to already.

The idea is not that forum members should spend hours on a due diligence before creating a new post, just that they should make a reasonable attempt to check. You will often see posts that begin "I am sorry if this has been asked already, I searched but did not find anything...." before a person posts a question.

It does happen that people who are new to forums are not aware of this at first. Another forum member pointing out to them that they could search is the only way I can think of for them to learn.

To the people on this thread who are upset about Clare's original response (which for the record I do not see anything wrong with), you may want to consider this perspective.

~* Vrinda *~

>The bottom line is that the question was directed at Cathe or
>Chris. Otherwise she would have posted it in the open
>discussion for all to respond to. I think she got a lot more
>than she bargained for here by just asking a question.
>
>[font color= purple size=+3]Catherine[/font]
>
>http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/fit_fairy
>
>http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

Catherine - That is a VERY GOOD POINT. A lot of us (I'll include myself in here) have a bad habit of trying to play moderator on the forums. I see it a lot on the "Ask Cathe" forum. Sometimes we need to just bud out and let Cathe or Chris handle the question.

>It's just easy to get short after seeing the same thing posted >again.

It is even easier to ignore the repeat postings and not read them and easier still to not post a short remark. I get on these boards and look at topics of interest to me and ignore the rest.

>The responses to Clare have been far more nasty
>than any of hers were and the maturity level is nosediving.

I doubt that. We were printing words like "nasty" and "snippy".
Trust me when I tell you I was thinking far worse and unprintable words to post.

>>Who is Clare/maddiesmum? And who/what gives her the right
>to
>>be so nasty to anyone on this site?
>
>
>I personally didn't find Clare's response nasty, I actually
>agree with her. I mean, how hard is it to spend 5 minutes
>and do a search to find most of the answers to the "same"
>questions that continually come up? That's why they set up
>the FAQ site. Perhaps we should all revisit this.
>
>Have a great evening everyone!
>
>Annette :)

I have to say I can see both sides. Being a regular visitor I know a lot of questions get asked again and again and it's true, SNM is probably entirely too busy to address repeat questions while rehearsing, filming, etc (though it's also true that the original question was directed to Cathe/SNM and, thus, should probably have been left to them to answer or not, without remarks from third parties... too late). And I sympathize with the original poster. I can start looking for something I remembered reading here four days ago and be shocked that, two hours later, I STILL haven't found what I'm looking for. And, maybe I'm wrong but, with my crazy work hours, I'm either playing here day-after-day or I disappear for a week or more. If her schedule is anything like mine, you miss stuff. And catching up can take forever so I understand when someone wants to just cut to the chase and ask. I do it but when I do I simply address my queries to you all and apologize in advance if it's been asked/answered and for annoying anyone by the question. Usually, those who aren't annoyed give me an answer and those sick of hearing the question move on without remark. A little respect and diplomacy and everybody's happy :).

You know, I think sometimes when these things happen here it's often between two people who would adore one another in person. Just a thought.

>>The responses to Clare have been far more nasty
>>than any of hers were and the maturity level is nosediving.
>
>I doubt that. We were printing words like "nasty" and
>"snippy".
>Trust me when I tell you I was thinking far worse and
>unprintable words to post.

I was actually referring to the person who set up a dummy account and then went on an undercover investigation of all of Clare's former posts and then posted them for everyone on this thread. You have to admit that's a little immature??? I agree with the other poster though who said that if we all met in person we'd probably get along great. Things online often get messed up because personalities do not come over well through the written word. I think Clare is just a matter of fact type of person. Let's stop attacking her and use the time and energy to work out and maybe post some helpful info. for the original poster. On that note, here a few links that might be helpful to the OP (where Cathe/SNM has answered "similar" questions). Unfortunately, I think the answer is still that we will have to wait and see since they just aren't sure yet what exercises will make the final cut.

http://www.cathe.com/STS-FAQ.htm

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=88&mesg_id=88&page=5

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=768&mesg_id=768&page=4

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.