Update on my mother!

Annette

I'm so sorry! You and your family will be in my prayers. I know you don't know me, but I feel compelled to share something with you. I hope it gives you hope because that is my intent.

A 5 year student at my husband's school was born with a severe liver defect, and he required a transplant. He was placed on the list shortly after birth. He was being treated with medication, but recently his condition deteriorated to the point where his parents were told the end was near and he would have to spend his remaining days in the hospital because the medication and home treatment was no longer sufficient. He was supposed to be admitted to the hospital on 1/2/06. However, on December 29, 2005, after waiting his entire life, they received the call for which they had been ferverently praying. A liver was available, and they had to go to the hospital immediately so it could be determined if it would be a viable the match.

His parents rushed him to the hospital, and they began prepping him for surgery immediately. A nurse even went so far as to tell the child to say his last words to his family because it might be his last opportunity (I digress here,sorry). After twelve hours in the hospital, it was determined the liver was not a match, and they were sent home. They were dejected and miserable, but determined to continue hoping and praying for a miracle.

Since it had been over 12 hours since the little boy's last meal, they stopped at Taco Bell for a bite to eat. On the way home from Taco Bell they received a call from the hospital. Another liver was available, and they needed to report to the hospital right away. Two livers in one day after 5 years of waiting. They went ahead with the surgery even thought the little boy had just eaten. The second liver was a match. My husband went to see him last Wednesday, and he was in good spirits. He's out of intensive care too! He's still in the hospital because he's not out of the woods yet, but their prayers were answered. They were told their son's time was near and the dosage of medication he needed required hospitalization, and a donor became available just in time. 1(Praise and prayers to the family of the 13 year old donor who was a match, and also to the family of the 15 year donor who was not.)

My heart goes out to you, and I will be saying a prayer for you, your mom, and your family tonight.

Take care,
Pamela

Annette, we are all thinking of your entire family right now. Hugs and prayers and good thoughts are zooming your direction from all over.

Dear Annette I am praying for you and your family to face this terrible time as one strong unit bonded by the love you feel for your mother and each other. My four siblings and I lost our Mom on September 5th, and I can tell you that it was as heartbreaking as it was beautiful - we were together which was a miracle given how far each of us had to travel and how unexpectedly fast her end came. We held her, said our goodbyes, acknowledged her love and pledged to take care of each other. She went in peace.

My mother's last words to us the day before she passed (when she appeared so well) were, "Let's make these our best moments." And indeed they were - a culmination of her 70 years spent living, loving her music and gardening and cultivating appreciation of the earth and the arts in her five children and seven grandchildren. If this is your mother's time, then I pray you can like us ease her way with the assurance of your love and continued commitment to the good lessons she gave you.

Please reach out to me any time. I know what you are going through. And take care of yourself

Julie

Annette,

My prayers to you and your family. Please be comforted in knowing that whatever happens, she is in God's hands.

Take care and God Bless.

Annette, I am so sorry to hear this news about your mom. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Please take lots of love and warm hugs from us.

Annette,

My heart goes out to you and your family. Thoughts and prayers definitely being sent your way.

(((((HUGS)))))

Dallas

Annette,
I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time. You and your family are in my thoughts -

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.