Unpopular opinions. Who DIDN"T puchase the Cathe new series?

I have been hearing so many rave reviews that I am going to purchase the rest eventhough I have LIC so far. Is there anyone that isn't interested in the new series? If so, why? :)

RE: Unpopular opinions. Who DIDN

I didn't buy the new series...but it wasn't a matter of not being interested. Actually, to be honest, I haven't even looked at the video samples.

The reason is that a just few months ago I bought nearly all of Cathe's workouts that I didn't yet have (and I had been eyeing for months), so now I have a big stack of her older workouts that are new to me!

I didn't order for a couple of reasons...

First, because I was horribly disappointed in the Hard Core, Body Blast & Intensity series. I decided to wait for clips.

Second, because I have been feeling kind of burnt out on Cathe but not the forum. Don't get me wrong, I still think she is one of the best leads in the industry.

Third, because I was getting ready to order when she got injured. I decided it was too long to wait & maybe not get the workouts (cuz there was no guarantee that she would get better--thankfully she did).

I've just started my first P90X rotation. I'm doing the lean rotation because I wanted to burn excess fat. I'll be doing that for another 10 weeks. Tony is sort of like working out without a video--he says do this exercise for 1 minute, do as many reps as you can using the weight of your choice. Not like Cathe who sets the number of reps you'll do (if you can keep up with her--she's a killer). More like a personal trainer. I'm enjoying that right now. When I finish this rotation, I'm going to do "my own thing" for 8 weeks & then jump back into P90X classic rotation. That will get me through the next 6 months.

Maybe then I'll be ready to come back to Cathe.

John's wife (I'm a John's wife, too:) : What did you not like about the Intensity and Body Blast series? I really like those and would be interested to hear what disappointed you about them??

I was one of those who preordered in the first week but canceled a few months later because I didn't want my money tied up for who knew how long (now we know how long) and I thought I'd use it to buy something else. After that, I kind of lost interest until recently. I'm thinking of buying Drill Max but I'll wait for the issues to be resolved before jumping into it.

Me too. I just recently ordered a lot of her older weight and cardio dvd's. It will take me a while to get used to these. I do intend to get most of her new ones, however. The only one I might not get is Drill Max. I dont really care for real athletic, bootcamp type workouts. I will look at the clips again before I make up my mind for sure.

Sherry

>John's wife (I'm a John's wife, too:) : What did you not
>like about the Intensity and Body Blast series? I really like
>those and would be interested to hear what disappointed you
>about them??

Its been so long since I sold them I couldn't even begin to tell you what it was that I didn't like. I did keep stretch max & core max to use as add ons for later workouts (after P90X).

I didn't order because I have so many Cathe's and just need some variety. Don't get me wrong, she's wonderful! But these seemed more basic and sporty, and I was ready for new moves. I will probably get her next step workout and boxing series if they're not too basic.

I ordered Body Max 2 and B&G.

Honestly, I only wanted Body Max 2 for the cardio -- and after trying B&G I am pretty sure that I will only be using it for the approximately 30 minutes of ab footage to add on to other workouts.

I am focusing more on heavy weights, split routines. I am considering ordering the Slow & Heavy Series, as I have been enjoying the Gym Styles.

Drill max doesn't interest me because I don't think that I have the room, and I don't need another Cathe circuit style workout. Same with LIC. I already own many circuit workouts of hers and I never do any of them.

Monica

I have all 4 ( plus the free give one) and am not that happy that I got them. I too am really a person that likes traditional weight training, which is why I alway seem to grab Pure Strenght, the Pyramids and the Gym Styles over and over. These are really light, high repetition, lots of high impact cardio ( which I hate!). I got sucked into all the hype on the forum and before you know it I was pre-ordering! If I had seen the clips before, I probably would only have ordered LOw Impact Circuit or none at all.

I didnt order them cuz I'm more into step then anything else and i dont think the new ones have much of that...? Altho, like some others here, I havent really viewed the clips yet either.
Also I just got 3 dvd's (2 of which are cathe) that I havent even done yet so I figured I'd get them down first. :eek:

I preordered then cancelled as time went on was happy about that. I am really happy now that they are having all these disc problems and not sure why Cathe seems to have these type of problems but I haven't heard of others who make workouts have so many problems. I always wondered if it was because of all the premixes and special things she puts in there.

Anyway, after previewing Drill Max and hearing about Butts & Guts - I may eventually get these two but will wait until all the disc problems have been resolved.

I haven't really done Cathe in quite a while and have traded away most of the ones I had. I do have a few still but I am trying to stay away from a lot of high impact - and step I don't do much of anymore.

I am interested in her 4 day split workouts - if these are still on the horizon - but then again may wait to see how reviews are and see if there are disc problems.

Rhonda

I love the workouts on the new DVDs but don't like the blurry fuzzy sometimes overly loud repeatitive music. I'm not sure how often I will do them because I find the techno music really gets on my nerves. I don't think it would bother me so much if the same tunes weren't played over and over and over again... sometimes drowning out Cathe's voice. (It bothers me more in the cardio portions.)

For now, I am enjoying the workouts (they are really fun, unique and challenging) but after the newness is over....I just don't see myself choosing them often.

All I can say is if you like techno music this series is definitely for you. For me, the music makes a different in the workout so I am not enjoying them to the fullest.

JMO,
Robin:)

I didn't order them because I really only started doing Cathe's workouts in November last year - I began with her Kickmax b/c I had already tried all the other advanced kickbox workouts and wanted to see what she was like. I purchased Lowmax in Jan and would have continued more inter/adv purchases and possibly some of these new dvds, but I got pregnant and stuck to Basic Step and Cardio Fusion. I'll probably buy 1-2 once I am back in shape. But there are others of hers that I would like as well which I haven't tried - KPC for starters:)...
annie

Didn't like the Intensity Series??

WOW I didn't think that was possible!!!:eek:

>Didn't like the Intensity Series??
>
>
>WOW I didn't think that was possible!!!:eek:

DITTO;-)

I have SO many, plus being back in retail (vs real estate), I don't have the funds I used to...When there's a sale at the Bass (shoe) outlet, I'd much rather go there than add to my collection of Cathe (no, not all of them, but well over 20!)...I DO have a couple of them on my Christmas list, though!
MJ in MN

I ordered all 4 and have them. I am disappointed that they are so circuit orientated as that is not my fave thing. But, I think that with the premixes I can insert sections of them wherever I want and at least with LIC I have some more low impact work.

I certainly don't think of them as a series. They have no unifying theme or specific purpose, nor do they relate to eachother as complements. Just 4 workouts to kick your butt with and use as you like. I am thrilled, however, to have received the Cardio Fusion DVD. Makes the whole deal more worthwhile!

Personally, I am more interested in the Step and 4-way split that is supposedly in the pipeline.

Actually, Body Max 2 and Low Impact Circuit contain some really great fresh cardio moves.

Seriously, I am not a "Basic Drill" lover either, but Body Max 2 and Low Impact Circuit are awesome and have some fantastic music!

I do hope Cathe will do a new and fresh step DVD like Rhythmic Step or Step Blast.

But I am loving the new series so much -- OK, I'm not too fond of Drill Max, but that is because it takes a lot of room to do it and I don't have a free wall.

I am glad I pre-ordered and waited.

I am thrilled with the new series -- it adds a whole new dimension to a person's fitness goals.

I am back to using an 8 inch step and also am getting pretty darned good at full body push ups!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.