Undulating Warriors March 15 - March 21

Happy Saturday Warriors!

I could try to explain how absurd my week was but its really to much to try to recount. Lets just say that anything that could go wrong went wrong, including a mom in the hospital, who is fine now btw, and at work, everyone lost their minds and since my job is to find their minds and put them back in their heads straight so they can get some work done without hurting eachother or themselves, it was quite the exhausting week. lol ;) I was so worn out last night that I actually slept for 12hrs straight and since I am more of a 6 hr sleeper thats saying something. Life is really trying to test me lately. :p

Anyway, managed a few workouts and will get some tennis in today while its nice and then do some other workouts later. Need to go back and read everyones posts from this week to catch up.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend. :cool:

Hi Ladies

I am taking a rest day today. I was going to do squat rack, but my right shoulder is twinging from yesterday's workout, then I was going to run, but I felt unenthusiastic about it, so I figured it was time for a do-absolutely-nothing day.

I am baking bread though, and I am getting read to head out to the garden.

MJ - Your post made me laugh out loud. Yes, you have been tested a lot lately, but you're a warrior and you will prevail! Sleep is necessary and good for all that ails you. Enjoy your tennis this weekend and your trip next week. Are you still heading west?

Tara - Enjoy your trip to Vegas! My goodness, that will be one long flight for four days! Even so - soak up the desert air and sunshine, your workouts will be there when you return.

Cathy - Which exercise in squat rack made your inner thighs sore? Remind me are there front squats? I plan on mixing up my rotation between splits and full body. The non-STS splits I am going to take from 4DS, Slow & Heavy, Pure Strength, Gym Styles and p90x.

Heather - How's your back? And your MIL?

:D

I'm just stopping by to say OM*G are my inner thighs sore! Tell me again why I feel the need to use the heaviest weight I can manage - and it's not like I was struggling to complete the reps. I am VERY sure it was the static lunges. Cathe mentions how the front squats get the outer areas and I focused on where I was feeling it during the static lunges and I could feel the inner thigh area. I'd stretched a lot though during the workout and if it helped, I don't even want to think about what it wouldn't have been like it I hadn't stretched!
I honestly don't know if I'll be able to do cardio tomorrow morning. :(

We are having snow flurries today after our beautiful warm week it's an unpleasant change. At least it is supposed to move on within a few days and no accumulation predicted.

Janis enjoy your rest day. Are you working in your garden?

MJ sorry you had such a rough week! Hopefully, things will take a turn for the better. I wish I could sleep that long straight through, I certainly feel like I could use it.

Tara have a smooth trip to Vegas and back. I hope you are better at actually using hotel facilities that I am. I also say I will and somehow it never happens. :eek:

Heather I hope you are having a fun weekend. Is it yucky over your way, too?

Well chalk up another rest day for me. Last night capped off (I hope!) the worst night of the week for me. I was literally awake at least once an hour and then didn't fall right back to sleep. :( Even my nap today took me over an hour to fall into more of a zombie like state than sleep. I do think it was all tied to my period which started this morning. I was overheated all night, so it wasn't expected as that has typically been what happens the night before I start for quite awhile. But, apparently a period following a 66 day cycle is extra rough on the body! So, 40 day followed by 66 day, maybe I should start a pool on how long the next one will be. :p

As for my inner thighs, they are better, but still very sore. I honestly cannot remember a time when they were as sore as they were and they've been sore plenty of times!

Hello Everyone

I feel like I have missed so much. I have been "resting" Sat and Sunday but really I have been running around cleaning my my MIL's house for the party. You would think it was a wedding instead of a 16 year old's party! Anyways, it was a tiring weekend but I had a pretty good time. Very glad to be home. I am sure that it would have been a better time if I had not been PMSing but hey. Cathy, I am sure that I have nothing to complain about compared to what you are going through!
I have to go on a working road trip tomorrow, so I am going to do CC in the morning and hopefully Meso 1 Chest etc in the evening. My MIL is 3 hours away and my back feels fine except when I sit for too long (car rides are not fun!). I am going to do more yoga/pilates tonight and hopefully my back will be up for weights tomorrow!

Cathy - I am sending you sleepy thoughts for tonight. Man that really sucks. It seems like a vicious cycle. The less you sleep the harder it is to sleep and then you don't workout because you feel yucky and then it's harder to sleep again. So my MIL law told me about this quite a while ago and insists that it works for her. She says when you are in bed and can't get to sleep. Get all comfortable and then open and shut your eyes 30 times. Not a fast blink but concentrate on opening and shutting them and counting to 30. If you get to 30 try it again. She has never made it to 30. Who knows! good luck tonight!

Tara - Gotta hate when work takes over. I am glad that you got caught up this weekend. That will be nice to go to the conference and get away for a bit. Hopefully they won't have sessions starting at 7:30 like the last conference I went to!

MJ - Your last post was very funny. It is good to have humour about work "situations" I was never very good at negotiating when those things came up. I always wanted to secretly pack a water gun that I could shoot at people (I worked for government so there were alot of meetings that accomplished nothing!)

Janis - So how's the bread baking going??? I have been pretty unmotivated to do my runs lately too, it is good to listen to your body though!!! I still haven't got my Budokon workouts yet and I am getting impatient!

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Have a nice Sunday night.... we are getting your weather Cathy - it was back to just above freezing today - YUCK!!

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.