Undulating Warriors March 1-7

Hi Ladies,

TGIF!!! I'm so glad the weekend is here! I'm all set to either sleep in Saturday AM or get up early, but then take a afternoon nap! Yesterday, I was pooped out from work & didn't exercise. Today, I did HiiT 30/30 today--didn't feel as strong as I usually do when I do it. I think it's because it's the end of the week & I'm ready to rest! I also did part of Disc 7-Chest, Shoulders & Bi's. My muscles really were burning though, even right from the start. It think they were still DOMSy from doing Meso 3 upper body work on Monday. So, I cut the workout short, but definitely had a good burn in the muscle!

Janis, do you mind sending me Tom Venuto's Holy Grail too? I had forgotten that I had downloaded BFFM a year or so ago. I just happen to see another post about some of his tips for breaking a plateau & it sounded so familiar that I search through the bazillion documents I have saved & found the copy of BFFM. I guess I downloaded it, skimmed through it & then forgot all about it! Anyway, I was just skimming it again today (once I re-discovered it) & would love to read about what he considers the Holy Grail!

Cathy, I'd love to see your rotation too. I think I'm like Heather in that I will probably want a few weeks to do non-STS workouts; but I will want to do STS of some sort after having a break. CCC seemed hard to me as HiiT pyramid too. I think the core between is what may it seem a little less intense, but I had to certainly press pause frequently when I did it last.

Heather, hope you have a lovely work-day. It makes the weekend sweeter after working on Friday, doesn't it?

MJ, Sorry to hear about the food poisoning! It's no joke, that's for sure. Take your time and get fully recovered. I hope you are feeling better!

Planning to do Back & Biceps tomorrow. Hopefully my upper body will cooperate!

Tara

Hey Everyone
Happy Saturday! I went for an hour run steady state run this morning to clear my head and be out in the sun. It is supposed to really warm up here so I went early before things got muddy. It was nice just to run and not worry about intensity etc. Nothing too crazy happening this weekend which is kind of nice. Just hanging out with the boys.

Tara - So far with this Undulating rotation I find it very tiring and I am not working at an active job so you must be burning up alot of energy. It's good to see that you are doing what you can and listening to your body. It would be easy to say oh well this week did not work for workouts! Disc 7 was killer... I know that I was actually audibly groaning doing all those push-ups which is something that I don't normally do.

Cathy - How is the ankle feeling after the legs workout? I like your selection for discs... my problem is that I want to do it all and run too. Too much to incorporate into a week.

Janis - Thanks again and hope you are having a good weekend!

MJ - I hope you are fully recovered from your food poisoning ordeal and able to do something physical this weekend. Sounds like things are supposed to warm up this weekend down there!

Cheers Heather

Happy Saturday Warriors!

I was out of town all day yesterday, doing errands, shopping etc. Yesterday was a complete rest day from exercise. I did buy a new pair of running shoes though. They fit my foot beautifully, like they were made for me. I love them, and don't want to take them off. Ideally I would save them for running, but I think I'll end up wearing them for all my workouts. They are the Nike Structure Triax 13.

Today I did Disc 9 legs, again, and that's it.

Heather - your run sounded very nice. Those long - head clearing - runs can be therapeutic and healing. I hear ya on the groaning with the push ups on Disc 7, I am glad that I am home alone, most of the time, when I workout. I seem to do a lot of grunting and groaning.

Tara - Absolutely. I sent you a PM. Enjoy your Saturday Nap Day. :D

Cathy - I'd like to see your spread sheet. I'll need a break from STS too, plus I want to configure something with p90x, Insanity and STS legs. I think CCC is challenging too. I've been meaning to buy stretchmax, I am hopeful it will be one of the 30% off dvds soon. Playing "monster mommy" sounds like great leg, glute and core workout! I bet the kids had a blast. How are your calves?

MJ - How's your tummy? Have you reported the incident with the Health Dept? I hope your getting some sunshine and can at least sit outside for awhile soaking it in.

Tomorrow I plan on running in my new shoes, and then MMA Boxing.

Meso 2 here we come.
:D

Last edited:
Rest day here and can I say that I'm really shocked that I'm not sore. Well I'm a little sore, but it's hardly noticeable. I'm especially surprised since I went heavier on a few things than I did when I did this last fall. Meso 1 workouts have always gotten to me.

I've got the rotation set up in a spreadsheet, so when I get some time, I'll send it to everyone. I have a Mac, so I'm not sure how well my spreadsheet will work on a PC. I'm thinking I'll start it May 3. The final rest week for this rotation ends on April 10, so that'll be 3 weeks plus the rest week off, so pretty much a month in between.

Janis have fun with your new shoes. I really use Stretch Max quite a bit. I like the band workout if I need to hit my legs and the ball workout for upper body. Both stretches do the whole body, but I've found that for me they benefit me more in those areas. I use both of those more than I do the one with the mat.

Heather I'm afraid I didn't manage to hold myself to just groaning during those push-ups the other day, I'm pretty sure I was spouting nasty comments at Cathe. ;)

I know some of you are farther away than I am, but yesterday in the mail I got postcards from Cathe (3 of them because they have my name 3 different ways!) and they offer 8 kinds of discounts.

Tara I hope you got plenty of rest! Sounds like your body knows what it needs.

MJ I hope you are feeling better!

I went clothes shopping today. I've made a shawl and I'm almost done with a poncho and I needed something to wear under them and a couple pairs of pants. In a rather futile move, I first checked the juniors section for pants and as usual any that might fit me had a considerable amount of leg laying on the floor. I looked at dresses, since I could use a couple for summer, and just shook my head that there would be such a huge need for 0-2 dresses to be 6' long. :rolleyes: I ended up back in the girls department and found one pair of black pants and one blue. Then I found a couple tops in the women's section. I really should have learned how to make my own clothes.

Good morning Warriors

I am taking a rest day. My body seems to be pretty sore after yesterday's run. It seems weird that I do Cardio Coach runs that usually last about 50 min and have no soreness and the Steady state run outside on pretty flat terrain is causing some body aches. Maybe just a long week? Anyways, I just did a Karen Voight core pilates disc. It is back stretching and strengthening as well as abs. I feel pretty good now. Now to get on with the rest of the day!

Cathy - I have a mac too so now worries for me and your spreadsheet, although I think it should be fine. So I am not the only one that talks back to Cathe when no one is around!

Janis - Hope you had a good run in your new shoes. Gotta love new shoes!!! I keep reading the posts about the barefoot runners and I am tempted. Have you thought at all about it? The Vibram site has interesting videos but I worried about the achilles issues. Anyways, MMA Boxing is always fun after a run!

Tara - Hope you are having a restful weekend! Sounds like you need it!

MJ - Hope all is well.

Happy Sunday
Heather

Happy Spring Morning Warriors!

It is absolutely beautiful here, it almost, almost makes an abysmal winter worthwhile.

I ran in my new shoes, I love them EVEN more! I realized last night the reason my other shoes were giving me trouble, and issues were cropping up (my left ankle/heel) was because they were six months old. Granted I did not wear them to run when I was swimming and recovering from my stress fracture, but they definitely had experienced six months of vigorous exercise.

Heather - I have looked at the Vibram and was very much attracted to barefoot running, the shoes would even work for me, my toes are nicely spaced and individually spread out when I stand. What gives me pause is - while they might work just fine on a treadmill, or on a soft path of pine needles, fallen leaves, soft soil or sand, I think they could be a problem if you are running on gravel or hard surfaces, I have also heard that long distance running could bring about issues. I suppose it really depends upon the individual, their stride and running surface options. I haven't taken the plunge because I am completely vain and don't want to look like a Hobbit. :D

Cathy - I am a PC user. But maybe you could post it to google documents, perhaps that would adjust it for me - ? What were the discount cards for??? Clothes shopping must be totally frustrating - what about online sources? Surely there are places catering to petite women who really are petite.

I'm off to enjoy the sun and the green sprouting everywhere.
What's on tap for tomorrow? :eek:Are we doing push ups? :eek: Bring them on, I think I am fully recovered and ready to conquer whatever Cathe throws at us. :D

Hi Ladies,

I did Step Moves and Medicine Ball Abs today. Both were fun, as usual! Yesterday, I became engulfed in the BFFM book. I spent quite a chunk of the day reading it. I think I may give it a shot!

I'm ready for Meso 2 tomorrow. I going to experiment a little to see if I can do a bit of a time saver routine. I'd like to get some cardio in most days, but it's hard to add on after 1 hour of STS. So, I going to try this week to do 1 body part/day (as I've seen some others post that they do this with STS). I think this will work best with Meso 2 since you work 1 body part in entirety before moving on to another. My goal is to do 30-40 minutes of cardio & 20-30 min of STS 4 days/week. I'll do the leg workout as is, since it has a bit of a cardio factor in it (at least for me!) ;) We'll see how it goes. I may do this just this week---it may be hard breaking up the workouts in Meso 1 & 3. If I like how this week goes, I'll try to figure out if I can make it work for the other Mesos.

Cathy, I'm so looking forward to getting the postcards & discounts now! I had decided that I was going to buy IMAX 2, some weighted balls, and probably a new step (I keep going back & forth) this coming week. I'll put those discounts to great use! I say try sending us the spreadsheet---Excel usual can open various type of spreadsheet file/programs, so hopefully it'll work.

Janis, I bought some new shoes too! I bought Ryka Shox for my indoor workouts & some Nike running shoes about a month ago. I love the Ryka--they feel wonderful. The running shoes? Well....So what if the running shoes have just been sitting in the closet looking pretty since I bought them??? LOL! I am planning to put them to good use eventually! I seriously am planning to start jogging routinely--maybe 2 days/week. I'm just waiting for the weather to get warmer! I'm not as brave against the cold as you and Heather are. ;)

Heather, so once I start running, I'll be asking you more about Cardio Coach. I have to say it was reading about you and Janis's enjoyable runs that have prodded me towards starting. Hope your rest day has been refreshing!

MJ, How are you doing? Hope you are getting back to feeling normal & that next week is a better one for you.

See you all soon!
Tara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back