Ultimate Taebo (new workout)

roses_92123

Cathlete
Does anyone have this video? If so, do you like it? It is labeled as advanced and is fairly new.

I happened to stumble across the clip on collage.

Thanks!

I saw it in the Collage catalog and have it dog-eared. I got some of his newer workouts from the library to see if it was true that his cueing had improved. I have his "Get Ripped" Advanced series, but the cardio isn't quite intense enough--plus he had trouble evening out the reps on each side. I liked the cueing in the newer ones (although there is still room for improvement).

This 'Ultimate TaeBo' has my interest peaked.

TIA for your replies.

I have it. In my opinion, it's okay, but not as good as some of his older cardio. Yes, his cueing is better than it was before, but it's not like his ultimate tae bo class. It's 90 minutes long (with the option to stop after 60 minutes) but not as intense as I would have liked. If you want a faster paced Tae Bo workout, go for the old Get Ripped Advanced 1 & 2 and put up with his inconsistent reps. If you're looking for something longer and more steady, this will probably work for you. That's just my opinion. Plenty of people do like the workout, but it is sitting on my shelf and I have actually thought about selling it on eBay because I don't use it.

Elsie, I just read your post. The new Ultimate Tae Bo is not as intense as GRA but more balanced and better cued.

I also have this workout. I love tae bo, but I would say, if you are very advanced in kick-boxing, you will not find this workout to be as intense as the old Tae bo Live or Get Ripped Series. I do like this workout, but do find that I have to do the whole 90 minutes to feel like I got in a really good workout. I've only done this workout twice, because I look at it like why work for 90 minutes, when I have soo many workouts that will give me the same results in 60 minutes or less. Basically, if you like Tae Bo or kick-boxing in general, I think you will like this workout, but if you are looking for the intensity of the old tae bo workouts, it's not here in my opinion. There are always those days when we need a lower intensity so I will definitely keep it in my library of workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.