Type of Push-ups on GS C&T

Type of Push-ups on GS C&T

• Total voters

Roses

Cathlete
As I was struggling to get through all of these on my knees, I just wondered, out there in our vast Cathe-land, how are the rest of you doing. Are you struggling like me, or, did you whip right through all of them straight-legged? My curious mind just wanted to know.

Sam

Around the fourth set, I have to drop to my knees for a few reps, but then can complete the remainder just like Cathe. I'll get there.
Good question. I hope more people reply.
Susan C.M.

I just did the workout yesterday for the first time, and boy, do I feel it today!!!!! I did a few reps of the longer sets regular, but most on my knees.:-( From about 8 on down, I did them regular!! At least this gives me a goal and something to work on!!!:)

i wish i could say i did them all like cathe and the ladies, but no...i did a bunch on my knees. man oh man there were alot of them and i couldnt do it :-( but yeah it gives me some thing to work to. :7

I don't know how to answer the poll. I did the premix and that does every-other set, for a total of 40. I did all 40 on my toes!

Diane

This is funny. I can do straight leg push-ups w/o Cathe or any other instructor on my own about 16+ 3 sets. I can even do slow up and slow down on my own, but when it comes to working with Cathe I can push out every rep but on bended knees???????

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

today I did 42 on my toes total and the rest on knees. That's a record for me. BTW my chest is on FIRE!!!

catherine

I didn't know how to vote!
I did them all on toes (thanks P90X!), BUT I took longer breaks between sets after the first two sets, and my ROM was rather variable from set to set!

I did 47 of them Cathe style, but I did have a break about halfway through due to a "poop" crisis (our 18 month old:)), so this success rate is probably not typical, but I was surprised when I added it up. A year ago at this time, I could barely do any push ups Cathe style.

But boy am I sore today--way more sore than the Back/shoulders/biceps workout. I have not had soreness like this for a long time.

take care
Maggie

I have not tried the GS workouts but I do the push ups all on my kness with the other workouts. I will do the same with the GS workouts.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

I was absolutely shocked, but I got through them. (YAY!)

I've gradually gone from not being able to do even one pushup on my toes when I first started working out, to being able to do the usual 2 sets of 16 that you see on most of Cathe's workouts. I've always dreaded them, though, because they're definitely no walk in the park for me, and I don't usually get anywhere near the perfect form and low positioning that she does. (Some days I feel pretty strong and can get pretty low, some days not so much.)

When I read the description of GS C&T, I remember saying to myself, "I'm NEVER going to be able to do all those push ups!!". So when I put the DVD in last week, I started the push ups never thinking I was going to doing all of them, but amazingly I got through it! The last few were brutal, but I was SOOOO thrilled. I had to tell my mom the next day "I did all the push ups on my new DVD!!. Of course, she thought I was nuts, but it was actually exciting considering at one time I couldn't even do one lousy push up.

I am so happy that I found Cathe. I thought I was in pretty good shape with the workouts I was doing before I tried hers, but since I started working out with her I'm always amazed at the progress I've made, and continue to make. I just wasn't getting these kind of results with anyone or anything else.

Mephie

I did this workout for the first time yesterday and did all of them on my knees.x( In other workouts, I can usually do 8-12 on my toes but my shoulders were sore from a tough yoga workout the day before. I'm curious to see how I'll do next time. Frankly, doing all of them on my knees was very tough for me!

Something to work up to even if I never get there! (How yoga-ish of me:) )

WHO ARE THE 10 VOTERS WHO CAN DO ALL THE PUSHUPS LIKE CATHE????
And, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DO THIS???

I can match Cathe weight-wise with flys and presses. WHY CAN'T I DO THE PUSH-UPs "guy style"? I can do some, but not all.

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU STRAIGHT-LEGGERS!!!

Still on bended knee,
Lisa:eek: :eek:

That was me exactly. I think this one is in store for tonight. I'm doing all on my knees one more time and see how I finish. Last time I was thinking, you gotta be kidding, I'm not going to be able to finish these on my knees...but I did and it HURT. Maybe next time...

Sam

I did them all straight legged yesterday!!! I am shocked that I did it. The key for me was I took about a 1 minute rest between each set as opposed to Cathe who takes about a 10 sec rest. I really had to psyche myself up mentally as well. I also varied my hand position a little - maybe that's cheating I dont' know. Frankly I don't care- I DID IT!!!! My chest is sooooo sore today. Just keep on trying that's what I did. Now next time I do this w/o will I be able?????????

catherine

I am a knee girl;-) My dh was walking by when I was doing MM tonight and I was doing the knee kind and he made some smart remark }( Oh well one of these days....... MAYBE:)

I have been doing Cathe's workouts for 10 years, and yes I am one of the ten who said they can do all of the push ups straight legged - I have progressed over the last 3 years.

I have been doing this workout 2 times week and I do not take any longer breaks - but am sure glad when they are all done - I think that is why my triceps are shaking by the time I get to the band work!

I love this workout - and I love the push ups - the more you do it the stronger you will get and the more you will be able to do. Do not give up!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.