Turbo Barre Question

Epcot Chick

Cathlete
Hello-

I love Turbo Barre, but I notice when I do the barre portions where I have one leg bent and toe pointing up (I hope I'm making sense here.), I feel a crazy burn in the quads of my supporting leg, more than the working leg. The supporting leg fatigues long before my working one!

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is it my distance from the chair? This is my first barre work out, so I'm not sure if it's just a matter of my body becoming acclimated to a new type of workout. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
Jen

I notice the same thing. I know the supporting leg is doing a lot of work, and I thought it was distracting me from noticing the other leg

I experienced the same thing! I am so glad to read you both describing exactly what I was thinking and feeling. My glute on the support leg was almost cramping! I had to stop a few times to shake my support leg out so I could continue the workout. I also felt DOMS for 2 days!!! This was my first barre workout as well and despite the Cathe-literally-kicked-me-in-the-butt-feeling for 2 days, I absolutely LOVED it! :eek:

Hi Epcot chick! I experienced the very same thing the first time I did turbobarre. After a few times it became easier even if always challenging. I think it's because your legs become stronger every time you train so it will take a little while. As for the distance from thechair, I've noticed that when I'm not in proper form(too close or too far) I start to feel it in my lower back, but as soon as I realign myself I have no more back issues.Hope this will help, even if it's only my personal experience. :)
Ellie

Thanks, ladies. At least I don't feel like a fitness misfit anymore. I'm just surprised. I've done this DVD about 6 times so far and I'm still getting the crazy glute/quad burn. I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on.

My support leg was dying too! I've only done Turbo Barre twice so far, but I think I'm going to invest in some ballet slippers and a little wispy ballet skirt to make me really feel the part ;)...maybe I can convince my legs that I'm a "real" ballerina!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.