TTC/Preg Check in July 17th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good morning to all. One more day--no workout. Ater my emotional rollercoster yesteday (and fatigue) I thought it best to hold off today--my last workday of the week.

Tomorrow will be my first prenatal visit. I think I'm getting excited (or is that anxiety). Trying so hard to re-wire my mind to think/focus on things that are really important, no everyday trials that won't matter in a few years. My baby is healthy and will be a joy to all for YEARS to come. Anyhoo, please some extra prayers for me for the rest of the week?

Kate, my tan Kate, when are you due to come back home? You're trip sounds so divine.

Mikkia, you sound like you're doing so well. Nausea monster gone, 2nd trimester (honeymoon) here we come!!!

Anne, any news---one way or another? Last I heard you were predicting AF?

Trish, you're energy amazes me.

Candra, still super hot there? I think we've been in 70s now. Our central air has been broken all year & I've missed it like 2 days so far!

Stephanie, dr scales are always about 5-10 minutes over mine at home. I"m always so careful not to eat or anything before I go in for my AM exams, just so I can save "face" with maybe a few ounces. So silly, us women are, eh?

Susan, back on the mend it sounds. Already thinking sex? You're a strong girl! I had this XXX dream a couple days ago. Boy, it was a NICE dream. :) :) :)

Jen, hanging in there?

Jen#2, it's nice to have your great enthusiasm on forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I posted a lengthy reply to you on yesterdays post---if you can find it.

Lisa, still super busy? Are you focusing on stregth (oppossed to cardio) right now?

Maggie, are you still super uncomfortable? How's your cut? Any poop? Cheesecake?

Well, off to work again. I often read over your posts throughout the day---and think about you ladies---even if I don't have time to post. You guys are active!!!!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi Melanie, I saw your post just now thanks for the reply!
The first appointment is a little lengthy, at least it was for me. I did not get the downs and other 2 screenings yet - those will happen mid august for me. They do those around 14 or 15 weeks. I forget.

They just tested me for a thyroid issue because my mom just found out she has a problem and wanted me tested since its hereditary. then they tested for other things with my blood, but nothing to do with defects or anything.

I believe i will have another ultrasound in august and i'll have DH go with me to that one hopefully. Its just hard becuase our shcedules are now different since i got pulled from the road.

Melanie, are you having housing issues? We had our VA home on the market for over two years. i paid 275K for it when real estate was exploding. (BAD IDEA). Then, we tried to sell becuase i knew we were moving to FLA. We bought a preconstruction home, thinking by the time it was built and ready to close i'd have the VA home sold. NOPE..two years later it was still trying to sell. The price kept dropping and dropping. i think it was down to 130K. We stopped paying on it and my perfect credit was DESTROYED. The house just foreclosed at the end of may and was auctioned off for a measly 113K. We tried to shortsale it for more but the lenders were dragging their feet. My credit is ruined, i have lawyers and summons for unlawful detainers and creditors constantly calling to collect the money. I thought the worst was behind me but i'm worried the bank will try to take what little measly money I DO Have..and with baby on teh way, its stressful! So i feel your pain. Hang in there. Hopefully i got the right person and situation - if not, well then now you all know a little more about me :)My husband has three kids from his first marriage and we are so BROKE because of child support. Money is always a stressful issue for us. That is why I could never ever be a stay at home mom as much as i would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to... :'(

Anyway, i'm at work, just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well today!

Good Morning! Melanie-hope you have a stress free day. My friend always tells me "put your raincoat on". That is so all the stress and bad stuff and roll right off your back. So, put your raincoat on girl! Im so excited about your dr's visit tomorrow. You don't think they'll do an US? I always had one my first visit. I hope they do! I'll be praying you have a great day and great dr's visit.

Kate-what wo are you doing this morning. I am very impressed you working out on vacation! I usually give myself premission to eat like a pig and the regret putting on 5 pounds! Anything exciting going on today?

Jen-We just used the liquid ant bait from Walmart. It must be sweet. The ants come to it right away, but then we never see them again.

Lisa- good to see you. Yes we are back to ttc this month, but only plan to for 3..so we'll see.

Jen2-I didnt know this was your first preg. How exciting! Thats cool that you and dh met on the job. I love a man in uniform!

Maggie-how are those feet today?

Stephanie-are you working out today??

Candra-HI
Anne-has af NOT arrived??

Mom, dd and I are going to do a little shopping today and then go swimming. Nothing major. I have decided that my pain med is keeping me up at night. It takes the pain away but I am wide awake til it wears off. I didnt get to sleep until after 2 last night. Im not wired or restless, just awake. So I am done with them. I"ll try just tylenol tonight.
bbl

Jen- bless your heart!!! We also have had a house on the market for a year now. We had to move so making 2 payments is killing us!!!
We are giving it til Dec and going from there. Do the kids live with you year round?? How do you like being a step-mom. How is the little sick one today??

Hi Susan
We decided we couldnt afford two homes so i stopped making payments on the VA one. It would have been way too hard. I decided to ruin my credit and foreclose as opposed to struggling having no money and trying to hang on for dear life! Sigh..

Yes this is my first pregnancy so I dont know what to expect half the time. Thats why I love this board :) everyone is so nice and helpful!

The stepkids live in NY year round. They are just here for the month of July. Its realy taking a toll on me. I have different, firmer rules and they are allowed to run rampant in NY. So Im trying to be patient but man is my nice furniture taking a beating! i love them tho, they are good kids and I dont think they can help it. Its hard to believe i'm a stepmom of 3 :) We are driving to VA at the end of the month to bring them to their grandma's and to attend a wedding. lovely 14 hour + drive!

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well today.
I had my dr appt yesterday, we did an us. they have a brand new logiq sonogram so the detail was unreal. This little bugger of mine was bouncing off the walls, hiding, etc. the heart rate is now 165. Maybe a girl? Who knows. Everything else is good. I lost 7 lbs total in the first trimester, so I am hoping soon my appetite will return. I stopped after the appointment and got a Mango smoothie, it was so yummy. I declined all of the genetic/screening testing, except the sonogram at 19 weeks. She also would like me to see a high risk OB (one of her partners)to meet and greet in case I need her. I am glad that is all out of the way.
I haven't got to yesterdays posts yet. I will...
Melanie-I hope your appointment goes great tomorrow. I am due on Jan 30th, but she confirmed she does her csections at 38 weeks. So mid Jan, date to be determined. I am really sorry about the personal stuff too. I really hope things start to turn around for you.
Jen-I am so sorry for your mortgage and housing woes. That is so much stress! When is your baby due? Are your stepkids happy about it?
Susan-How are you? I feel your frustration about no sleep. There is nothing worse. Maybe it is the meds? I hope for a restfull, peaceful night for you tonight!
I'll check in later, must work today. Tomorrow is dd bday. We are having a picnic in the back yard and then a couple of girls are sleeping over. The we are going to Seaworld the next day (I am crazy).
Hi Kate, Hi Candra, Hi Stephanie, Hi Jen, Anne, Lisa, and Maggie!

Melanie, Extra hugs comin' your way! Your situation would be stressful enough even without being pg. Props to you for waking up everyday! Our last day of vacation will be Sunday. I do the same thing with the drs scale! LOL! I'm jealous of your XXX dream!

Oh, JenM - what awful housing/$$ woes - big hug to you too! Glad your pg can be a bright spot for you.

Susan, For my WO I'll do more Classical Stretch and cardio of some kind. If I weren't eating ice cream on a near-daily basis I wouldn't feel so compelled to WO! I don't deserve the praise you gave me!:) Have a fun day today - sounds great. I bet DD is enjoying having your mom around. Good for you for figuring out your sleep issues.

--------------
No big plans yet. I'm hoping (again) for a shopping day. We'll see..... Need to head off to b'fast first.

Okay, TMI alert - I still have ZERO interest in sex and I am so MAD about it! DH never/rarely initiates sex and the poor guy has tried the last 3 night and I've tried SO HARD to get into it. but I can't!! My nipples are beyond sensitive for some odd reason and I can't stand to be touched. And despite the fact that I have discharge a'plenty during the day (gross, I know!) I completely dry up like the Sahara as soon as we start to fool around! What is going on with me!!! Can Anybody offer any insight?!

I don't know how long we can go on like this and our home..we take it month by month.
3 kids for a month when you are not used to it must be very hard!!! I believe kids thrive more with firmer rules and bounderies. Like you said..I guess you just have to be patient and do the best you can do. 14 hours with 3 kids..YIKES!

The stepkids actually do not know yet. I dont think their dad mentioned anything. They are still young anyway.

You mentioned heartrate and sex of the baby. Mine was 158 beats per min i THINK...what is the wives tale for that? Boy or Girl?? My Husband does NOT want to know in advance, but i DO!!

JenM, that's a hard situation for sure when there are different rules. That is why I HATE babysitting for other people's kids! :) I love kids, but please don't leave my nephew with me!!:eek:

Mikkia, Cool on the u/s! We got a 3D one that blew us away. Too cool. Pass some of that weight loss over here! DDs party sounds like a blast! Have fun! (and try not to bang your head against the wall repeatedly!;-) )

Kate-sorry for the sex woes especailly on vacation and when dh IS in the mood. I hate when that happens. Maybe some artificial wetness may help get you in the mood?? Have you seen the commercial for ky his/hers? Well dh buys some at WM last night..so I'll let ya'll know how it is. Anniversary night would of been a good time to try but we got to bed late and I was hurting..sooooo. Im sure it will pass though. Just one of those pregnancy things.

Hi Mikkia-your picnic and Seaworld sounds so fun!

Susan, I've tried KY in the past and was totally turned off by it. Let me know what you guys think of the his/hers.}( Props to your DH for buying it! My DH wouldn't be caught dead with that in his hand!:7

Kate did you use the ky in the tube? its thicker and gross. We sometimes use KY Silk...feels just like CM.:)

We are headed to town. Talk to you guys later!

Yeah, it was in the tube. Glad to know someone else thought it was gross. We used it when I was nursing Gina and was so dry it hurt to even walk and I was actually bleeding. It hurt soooo bad!

Try the Silk!! You'll see the difference!
Ok, now we are going to town. Takes me about 45 min longer to get ready since my left arm is so weak. I cant hold the hair dryer up to dry my hair!

There is a newer product, KY BEADS that dissolves & lasts for days. Has anyone heard of that?

Jen#2, I'd love to talk to you about foreclosure (if it's not too painful). Please send me a private message [email protected] & let me pick your brain!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Kate, TMI here,...put when I'm not wet---I normally eventually become wet once penetration begins (DH just has to go slow).

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Susan, I'll try the Silk - maybe I can get to a store today! Sorry about delayed dressing for you!:)

Melanie, We've attempted your way, but I just get frustrated that I'm not wet enough (or at all) and it totally kills it for me. Ugh.

Just did the WU, HiLO, and cool down from SJP. Will do CS later.
And I am determined to shopmax today!!!
Headed out soon to play on the beach - as soon as Mike gets done with some work issues.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.