TTC/ Post-Miscarriage Support

Hey ladies. It feels good to be home, it was a long day! I finished first 2 days of Clomid, with little/no side effects. I think it helped me to take at bedtime. Breasttenderness is the only thing, thus far. 3 more days to go.

Bethany, I think much of my weight loss after m/c was do to depression. :( It's amazing what one can do when they "shut down". I"m doing much better,...but I won't lie to you,...it was the WORST thing that has ever happened to me. *sigh*, it gets better with time.

Jen, it sounds like the worst is over for you. Is D&C an option with ectopic? I don't know if I know anyone, personally, that has been through on (or shared their experience). (hugs)(hugs)...this isn't a good time to be going through this (hugs)(hugs).

No workout for me today. How bout you ladies?

I had to laugh Bethany, at the image of you wearing your coat and gloves and it was only 61 degrees. I love the weather like this here! My grandmother is here from Colorado and she is cold. I always forget about the humidity making it colder for people. About working out, I think you need to do what you think is best. Listen to your body. When I first came off the Depo shot, I always thought the same thing about my weight being too low and thought maybe that was why I didn't get my periods for so long. Everyone kept telling me that I am too tiny and should put on some weight to get pregnant (but never my dr). I continued on working out and eating super good and the funny thing is is that my period's returned after going on BC for a few months. I still continued to work out and eat good and still got pregnant. Actually when I got my BFP I hadn't worked out consistently but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Unless you are skin and bones, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are eating good and being healthy and not dieting, then stay with it. Your body will thank you after your second baby is born!

I'm glad you haven't had any crazy side effects from the Clomid, Melanie. I hope this works for you and you get your BFP.

About the m/c I was crampy and still bleeding yesterday but not as bad as Sunday. I was supposed to get my blood done yesterday and I drive to the lab and tell them that my dr was supposed to fax the orders Friday and the girl tells me they never received them. I was so frustrated! I finally called my dr's office later in the afternoon and the girl in the office says she was still looking for the fax number to the lab! Really!? I could have looked it up and given it to you! So they claim that they were going to fax the orders yesterday so I guess I am going to try and go this morning to get my blood done. But now I won't get the results until after Christmas. I'm not having any one sided pain so I guess that is good. If they do an ultrasound and not everything is gone from uterus or tube then I think they might do a D & C because it still could be dangerous for me and my tubes. But with the amount of blood and stuff I've been passing, I can't imagine that there is a whole lot left in there. I trust that my body has taken care of it. I just want to get back to normal. How long did you bleed after your D & C if you don't mind?

I'm doing fine emotionally and it does kind of suck (for lack of better terms) that this is happening around Christmas but I keep telling my DH it's because we will be holding our little one next Christmas and it will wipe away all these sad memories.

Well, grandma is here and mom and I are taking her to lunch and antique shopping so that should be fun. I hope you ladies have a wonderful day! I hope you guys aren't working and can enjoy the holiday!

Jen

Jen, you have a really good attitude,...I'm so proud of you!!! I don't mind talking about it at all, it's quite therapeutic actually. ;)

After my D&C I didn't bleed hardly at all. I could probably wear 1-2 pantiliners/day. I was suprised, much different than when you deliver or have a c/s. The catcher was that it lasted forever though. Like almost a month. It seemed like I had pink/peach until my first ovulation.

That's too bad you have to wait until the 26th to get your results. Hang in there. :)

Melanie, I don't know how else to be about it. We still want a child so it's not going to get me anywhere by "boo hooing" about my situation. Plenty of women have gone through miscarriages and gone on to have lots of babies and so will I! But now I am getting impatient with the bleeding however I am thankful that the cramps have subsided so that will be my Christmas present! :) No workout today unless you count walking slowly with Grandma looking at antiques. I think when she leaves next Monday I will jump full force back into it!

Jen~ I"m glad you're feeling good about everything. Much better than I'm doing. Gulp. ;)

I try to be optimistic, but real too. For us, we haven't been super fertile to begin with. With our ages (35 and 45 respectively), our last m/c might have been our last chance for another baby. I felt like I not only mourned for the lost child, but also for the possibility that it might not happen again. Sorry, I don't want to sound negative, just what is real to us.

Anywho...I AM giving these next 3 cycles alot of effort and love. It's now or never, baby. LOL, no pun intended.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Hi girls!
Melanie-its great you are trying out Clomid! I am rooting for you! We have not given totally up, but not making it my main priority. If it happnes, it happens!
With my m/c I bleed for nearly 5 weeks and was still testing pos at 4 weeks.
I made a batch of your muffins today and a pot of Kate's soup!
I do need to try out some Amy workouts!
My dd is so freaking excited about Christmas! She and DH are wrapping something for me now. We made sugar cookies today and decorated them. My mom comes tomorrow. Busy busy busy!
We are about to watch the Grinch. Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.