TTC/ Post M/c Support Week of 2/8/09

Hey ladies!

I did avoid running after ovulation the month I got pregnant but I don't think it matters because mine was ectopic. DH and I joke that I SHOULD have ran so the egg would have been "jostled" down the tube and into my uterus.

I can understand how you feel Melanie. I think taking a break would probably be very beneficial to your emotional well being.

Since you ladies will probably be the only ones who truly understand how your emotions regarding TTC can change quickly, I'm not sure that I WANT to become pregnant and have a child now. How weird is that? After all this waiting and excitement for my cycles to return to normal, now I am having massive doubts. The closer I get to ovulation I think about TTC less and less. DH made a comment about trying again this month and I think he is excited but I'm just not sure. It's not really worry about a future m/c (although that is part of it) but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe you guys have experienced it before??? I think we will still try this month but I can honestly say that I won't be upset. And I don't know why. And I also feel terrible. I know part of it has to do with the economy and this doom and gloom associated with it. I wonder what kind of person I am to want to bring a child into this mess of a world. Thanks for listening though. It has been weighing on me the last few days and I haven't really talked about it with anyone.

Sorry about the BFN's ladies....I hope someone gets a BFP soon! Maybe that's what I need to get me back in the mood! :)

Yes, jen. i know how you feel. after all this TTC time, I wonder sometimes if I really want a baby....or is it determination to succeed? Is it my desire to have another baby? or is it my misson? I wanted my babes to be close together...now my wee-est one is 3 years old. I wanted to have four kids...but did i want them so far in ages? Had i known that it would have taken so long (if it'll even happen) would i have even "bothered to try at all?". Thus, the TTC game. *sigh*

It's precisely them type of emotions that i need a break from. ;)

AF is due on the 16th. I'm 8DPO and today my breasts are sore and I even had a tiny bit of spotting. I've had implantation spotting on all 3 pregnancies so I am hopeful that this is also the case.

Jen - I know what you mean. It reminds me of when I told my 90 yr. old grandma that I was pregnant. I was sooo excited and couldn't wait to tell her. When I did, she just sat there. Then I asked, "aren't you happy for me?" She replied "I guess I can be if you want me to be. I just think it's sad that anyone is going to bring a baby into this world." The more I think about it the more I understand and who knows maybe I do want children for my own selfish reasons. I just don't know. Boy, that was no help at all, sorry.

Jen/Melanie-I understand how you are feeling. Melanie-the mission/want has crossed my mind the last few months too. I think after ttc for so long that is totally normal to feel like that. It becomes more of a job.
Wendy-oh I hope you are preg!!!! Are you an early tester??

I am 5 weeks today. Still so VERY early. I hate feeling like this, but I still expect to m/c. Every twinge I get I think..yep this is it. This is the time I m/c with both. Im scared to get happy about it because I don't want to be disappointed. I guess that normal though.
Today I'll do ME, love that workout. I have lost about 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I have cleaned up my diet majorly and feel so much better for doing so.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Don't worry Wendy, it helps to hear that others understand in their own way. :) It's just really the support and validation of feelings I guess I am looking for. I guess the "selfish reasons" is what I feel bad for thinking but hearing that others feel similiar helps. I'm really excited for you! When will you test?

Susan- I really cleaned up my diet since the holidays and m/c and I have felt 100% better. I noticed my pants are fitting a little looser which is good. I just carry bloat in my abs and you can never see them except in the morning. It sounds like you are trying to mentally prepare yourself in case you do m/c. I am still sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!

We have a potluck at work today and I am going to do my best to avoid the red velvet cake and cupcakes. I love dessert but only splurge when things are homemade and both are. I was thinking of bringing some home and then if I don't want it by tonight, DH will eat it. :)

Last edited:
Melanie-I was bored and looking at old posts. I didnt know you were preg in 2007 too?? Have you m/c 2 times or am I confused?

Ok so I did have some Red velvet cake and Strawberry Cupcakes and a heart shaped brownie. But I only a few bites of each and then stopped. I don't feel too bad or too full! Coach Sean and I will have to go for a long run tonight!

Hi Everyone

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted in 2 days. Well, I got the book (taking charge of your fertility) and started reading it randomly. It's amazing how much I've learned so far. I have never paid attention to it before, but as we approach the mid 30s, the egg white CM may only last 6 hrs to 2 days, instaed of 2-4 days in the mid 20s. That's also a factor to consider. I noticed that mine lasted only 1 day and the second day was barely there. I took advantage of it and did what was needed LOL. Hopefully that's enough.

Wendy, Don't get discouraged, 8 DPO is very early to test, you may surprise us later!
Susan, that feeling is totally normal. These are though weeks but they'll fly by. I did ME on monday I think and it's a great with all those leg presses!
Hi to the rest of the girls, I am short in time. heading out for dinner with DH

Hey girls. I worked today (thus my MIA)

Susan, I wasn't pg in 2007. There was a time I had a false positive pg test....the pharmacy where i worked changed the type of tests they carried. i didn't bother to read the directions...so when i noticed TWO lines, I assumed i was pg. After 2nd look (a few days later), I noticed that it was supposed to be a "+" sign....and what i saw was actually a "-" sign. I was quite embarrased (esp in my profession)...and disappointed. ;)

Susan, I"m sorry you're feeling nervous. :( This is another reason why I want to take a break....i just feel like i'd be a nervous wreck!!!

I'm feeling crampy, sore boobies, sore back, sore thighs. pretty sure AF will be here tomorrow.

anything exciting happen today?

Hey girls, I probably won't be around much with my schedule the way it's been/going to be. I'm having a hard time finding a balance between work and home and I'm getting short-tempered at home bc of how I'm feeling at work.:(

I've got 3 pills left...still no period but maybe it's supposed to come after I"m done taking them??

Wendy, I hope you get your BFP in the near future!!!

Priscilla, glad to hear you "made the most" of your fertile time...now it's a waiting game!

Melanie, maybe a break from TTC is just what you need. You never know what God has in store for us.

Jen, I think what you're feeling is perfectly normal. When we found out we were pregnant, it was a surprise. One of my first thoughts was "do I really want a baby right now??" Any doubts vanished the moment she was born and I couldn't wait to do it again. Maybe part of it IS wanting to succeed, but that's just human. You'll be a great mom whenever the time comes.:)

DH's birthday is tomorrow (Valentine's) so we'll be doing whatever he wants to this weekend. Hope you all have a good day!!

Bethany, (hugs)(hugs) on the work/home balance. That's tough! I'm sure it puts a damper on BDing....hang in there! I've noticed you haven't been on here as much,....hoping I didn't offend you. You're so precious!!!!

AF arrived. I'm going to take the month off....and enjoy my family. I won't post as much for a while..... I'll let you know how Disney goes!!!

Thanks for all your support, ladies!

Hi everyone,

I tested last night and this morning - VEEEEEEEEEEERRRRY faint line but I don't know if it was just my imagination. I just don't know. I'm still having very minimal spotting but AF isn't due for 4 more days. It may still be implantation spotting but I'll test again tomorrow morning.

I swear I should buy stock in pregnancy tests, who's with me?:)

Susan - congrats on the weight loss. I know what you mean about waiting for each cramp or twinge to be the end of another pregnancy. Hang in there.

Wendy-oh I do hope it was a line!! You be sure to let us know in the morning! I know what you mean about imaganined lines! But a line is a line in my book!

I've got 3 pills left...still no period but maybe it's supposed to come after I"m done taking them??
Hi ladies! I need to catch up but wanted to reply to this. Your withdrawal bleed may be 2-14 days after the last pill. I know how frustrating it can be waiting for a bleed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.