TTC/Miscarriage Support Week of Mar. 22

Thanks Susan, it's okay if it's not my month...I'm in training for the 1/2 marathon. It's really strange b/c it's day 16 & my clear & easy monitor ($$) one did not show a surge but I had lots of slippery springy mucous & the dip stick one showed a smiley face. We'll see. :)

Where is everyone?:p

I myself have felt akward posting bc I never have any news...nothing to report as we can't officially TTC if I'm not getting cycles. But I still love to read about what's going on with you ladies!!

Autumn, did you re-test?

Melanie, good luck this month, even if you're not trying to conceive this cycle.;)

So I'd really appreciate some advice: I got my midwife to call in a script for birth control (Yaz). It's for 3 months. I need to decide whether to a)take it now for 3 months, b) give my FertilAid more time to work...if it's going to...and THEN probably have to take the BC, or c) none of the above. I am so torn!!! If the FertilAid will work, then it would be faster than the BC (I'd think). This is what it's supposed to do:

"Chasteberry or Vitex (vitex agnus-castus, chastetree berry) has been shown to stimulate the hormones involved in ovulation and restore female hormonal balance. Vitex is useful in normalizing pituitary gland functions and the balance of progesterone and estrogen levels. Vitex is often used as herbal treatment for infertility issues and is especially helpful for women with irregular menstrual cycles or a shortened luteal phase (a shortened second half of the menstrual cycle)."

It's only been 1.5 weeks since I started taking it, but I'm not very patient and my temps aren't encouraging!:confused:

DH wants me to just take the BC. He hates seeing me stressed out and says at least this way there is no pressure for at least 3 months while on the pill. I'll probably end up doing it, though I'm not happy about it...maybe it WILL be a good thing not to have to worry or think about TTC for 3+ months! I'll just keep enjoying Taylor while she's little and snuggable!:)

Susan, Jen, Wendy, and Priscilla: wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies!

Autumn, Melanie, Mel2, and Reena: good luck and I hope it happens when the time is right for all of you!!

Thanks everyone for the companionship and support!

Hey there - still here but work is crazy.
Plugged in all my data into fertility friend. It says I ovulated about 1 day before I thought I did based on my temperature spike. Either way doesn't help since I was very late this month and our planned "activities" coincided with my usual cycle lengths. We kept going for awhile after when I didn't see a spike and had EWCM but then I became dejected because I had no idea what was going on and gave up (about 4 days before ovulating - bummer). Just got AF today, just in time for the gyno appt tomorrow ... ugh.

For everyone still TTC good luck, especially if your "prime" time is coming close.
All you recent preggers - hope you are feeling good.

Bethany - do whatever you think will put your mind at ease. If DH thinks BC is best for a few months, maybe you should try it. My husband is typically more sane than I am about these types of things, so my gut usually tells me to listen to him (except when he is trying to get out of chores ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.