TTC/expecting checkin for week of Nov3rd

Welcome Shannon! Of course join right in!! your baby is due one day after mine. my edd is 4/28/08. I don't know much about the age issue but I know many people have babies around 35 and have no problems. I'm sorry for the first loss.

Well I don't know if I told you guys but I bought a doppler on Ebay. I won it for $70. that included free s/h. It got here quick. I got the heartbeat right away and it was in the 150s. I feel better having heard that sound! I think $70 is worth it for peace of mind. I had bought an expensive one from a friend last time for $200 but it was worth $600. I don't have that one anymore. For the price this one works great! just doesn't seem as heavy duty.. no biggie though!! Looks almost the same and still works. :)

What a big relief to hear the heartbeat! I'm 13 weeks now, and had an early ultrasound on Monday...what a relief to see and hear that little heart! It's so hard not to worry when you hear so many stories of things that go wrong. In 2 weeks I go for the triple test to find out what my odds are for Downs....so that's on the back of my mind. I haven't been working out much and I've come down with a BRUTAL cold, so congested and completely exhausted. I'm just trying to take it easy, and stay positive. I haven't felt any movement yet, I think I was 18 weeks with the first 2, but you still hope to feel a little flutter. I shovelled our driveway yesterday and then cramped up a bit and panicked, but it all settled down and I feel fine now, no spotting thank goodness!

Anyway, good weekend everyone!
shell

Thank You

For letting me join. Shell I know the relief when you hear that heartbeat. I have my next appointment on Tuesday and I am always a little scared, but then so relieved. I have not yet felt any movement yet. I have heard that you feel movement faster with the second. I hope that is true.

Thank you Jess. The miscarriage was very scarry and I worry so much now. I am so glad your doppler is working for you. I had bought a cheap one when I was pregnant with Nicholas and wish I would have saved my money it did not work well at all.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

Welcome Shannon and Shell :D

Jess- thanks for the old navy website. I ordered a few things. Something weird happened. I received a call from their customer service today saying that they wanted to verify my information. I told them to put the information through with the bank, because i didn't feel comfortable giving information over the phone. That has never happened before. DH thought it was odd too. I hope to get my order it is getting cold here.

Any hoo..... my baby girl seems to sleep throughout the day and move around at night.

Skyy

Hi all
Welcome to the new people on the forum :) This is a great place for lots of info and chatting.
I have had a busy weekend, and im sorry for not checking in much. I have done great on the workouts tho, which doesnt always happen. friday i did cathe's step blast followed by jari love's ripped and chiseled. Saturday I did all cardio - Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout, and today i did Cathe's LIC. So it was a nice work out. I made a big batch of m and m holiday brownies tho - which is a layer of brownies, a layer of m and ms, a layer of a cream cheese mix, whipped cream and more m an d m's. so lookout! haha. the good thing is it is so rich, you really only want a small peice. let's hope anyway!
where does thw eekend go??
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.