TTC and preggers - Week Dec 23rd

amhess

Cathlete
Hi all!
Welcome Susan! Melanie was right, I'm 37 almost 38 in February. TTC #1 now since April '06 with 2 m/c. Praying it happens before I'm 40, b/c that's the time frame that we've decided quit trying. Who knows, if I'm not preggers by then we may have to re-evaluate. Good luck to you! Praying you've caught that egg!

Melanie - Good luck with the Clomid. I'm on my second month so we'll see what the new year brings. I'm due to get AF around 01/04...hoping and praying I don't!

Lisa - How are you doing?

Morris - How's the pregnancy coming along?

Hi Autumn! You still around? :)

Well, it will be a quiet Christmas as DH and I have decided not to travel back to WI for the Holiday. With all the storms and him having to work the weekend and possibly Christmas day, we've decided to just make a nice turkey and stay in!

I did buy a cute little santa negligee, Red felt with white fur on the bustier and tap pants. I'm going to wear it Christmas eve to spice things up!

WEll, I should've O sometime Thurs - Saturday, so we'll see what this month brings. Hopefully, I won't rip DH head off this time PMS comes around!

Wishing everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Anne - Good luck on your 2ww and I hope you and DH have a nice, cozy Xmas together. Sometimes it's nice just to stay home and relax!

Autumn - Hope you're feeling better.

Morris - Did you leave on your trip already?

Melanie - Good luck with the clomid!!

Hi Kristan, Jen, Susan!

I'm on my 2ww wait as well. I'm 9dpo so I should know sometime this week. I still have some last minute Xmas shopping to do and still need to wrap my gifts. Note to self, do not get sick the week prior to Xmas next year.

I hope each and everyone of you wonderful ladies enjoy your holiday season. I probably won't be able to get on until after Christmas so have a good one!!!

Lisa

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'll have to learn all the tcc lingo..not so sure what 2ww means. I am in the midst of being fertile according to a calculater I have found. If I am not pregnant its not for the lack of trying. I guess I'll know in 2 weeks. Last month I would of sworn I was...and I was 2 days late. My mind was playing tricks on me!! The first sign with my dd and my preg that I m/c was very swollen tender breasts...I also get this with pms...so I always hope its pregnancy.
I will pray for all of you!!

Hello Everyone,
I thought I'd pop in to say Merry Christmas to everyone! DH are staying at home until Christmas morning. We plan to go to church tomorrow afternoon, then to Hershey to see their "Sweet Lights" display-it's supposed to be awesome! On Christmas morning, we will head up to see our families (they live in the same town-thank Goodness). We want to spend time with DH's mom since she is very sick, so we won't come back home until Friday.

Of course, we are still TTC, but I am just not as fanatic about tracking everything. Hopefully, it happens soon!

Welcome Susan! And, hello to Autumn, Anne, Lisa, Melanie, Morris and Kristan.

I've been hitting the goodies WAY too hard! I have been working out about every other day, so that helps. And, I kicked my upper resp/sore throat thing, but now I have an awful head coldx( . I nevern remember being so sick!

Again, Merry Christmas!
-Jen

I"m not sure why my posts aren't sticking? Hmm. I left one last night. I was feeling really depressed yesterday (which is out of character for me) and achy/fatiqued. I tried to workout but was only able to go 20 minutes. Clomid can cause depression, so along with the hot flashes, edema, and anticipation,...I'm not sure I will repeat.

Anne & Lisa, are you on same cycles? I will be in Rochester around Jan 4th, that will be my cue to say my baby prayers for you!!

Morris, how's it going? Did you do your run today?

Susan, I still don't know the lingo! 2WW, is 2 week wait for period/pg after ovulation. Lisa knows ALL the acronyms. ;)

I best get going, we got some snow yesterday and I volunteered to work today. Urgh!!!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Feeling emotionally better today. Happy holidays ladies!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

merry christmas everyone!!!

ds and i are home - left my parents house early this morning, and i was so sad - lonely for dh, sad to go home to teh cold and quiet. during ds's nap i worked out and feel a bit better. next few days will be catch up, CLEAN EATING, and dr visits. i enjoyed 2 outdoor runs while in florida, and i tried amy's hi-lo dome - super fun!! and i don't even do hi lo.

melanie, hope this finds you feeling better. things do feel crazy and emotional with hormones, but hope you can keep it in perspective as a means to am end... when are you do to ovulate?

anne and lisa, my prayers are with you both. i really hope this new year brings wonderful things.

jen, hope you are feeling more relaxed with the ttc. i know what you mean about the junk food. i just feel toxic.

hi susan - good luck this cycle! tell us about yourself, ie what you do, any children already, etc... if you are so inclined.

hi autumn, how are you?

kristan, hope you are feeling good.

i see my doc this friday and am overall feeling good these days. i run slow but still run. vericose veins are begininng to rear their ugly heads. my belly is definately poping - i can only wear 3 of my regular pants these days. also, no major cravings, so i have no excuse to not clean up my eating. dh will not be home for a few more weeks, so i am a bit lonely, but managing just fine.

hope to hear from everyone over the next few days. enjoy the peace of the day.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!

Morris, how are you doing? That must be so tough to have DH gone so much! I ALWAYS feel better after working out. I begin to get grumpy if I don't get at least three workouts in a week. When's your due date?

Anne and Lisa, it's been a long time,...hasn't it girls? I was just looking at when we started the TTC check-ins,...and can you believe it was last spring Apr/March timeframe? That certainly puts a lot in perspective for me.

Jen, we totally understand where you are coming from. We are here for you, check in whenever you feel comfortable (or immediately upon BFP)!!!!!!

Susan, I hope you decide to stick with us, everyone is so wonderful and supportive. This gals are my "bestfriends"!!!! I can tell them ANYTHING!!

Autumn, any new workouts for Christmas?

Kristan, when is your due date? Are you in maternity clothes?

Briee, well??????????? R U PG?

BTW, I did Tracy's Kickbox workout. I like her, but she doesn't seem like she has a personality. She didn't smile throughout the whole workout. This one was short (40 min) so I did 4-day split kickbox too.

Gotta go, check in later this week.
Merry Christmas! May the Joy of Christ be yours this holiday season. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi everyone. I had an ultrasound last Wednesday- things looked appropriate. I am 13 weeks and due 7-4-08. No maternity clothes yet. The styles these days are great for early pregnancy- empire waists, etc. I gained 4 pounds- which is a lot of me . I usually gain nothing in the first trimester and put on a ton of weight between 16 and 22 weeks. I do think at least 2 pounds are in my boobs. They are huge! I need to dig out some bigger bras.

I've been getting in 3-4 workouts a week; still getting in a 4-5 mile run per week. We've been very busy and I am burned out on Christmas parties. It is kind of nice NOT drinking though; I never wake up regretting my cocktail intake from the previous night.

Busy Christmas too- went to a packed Mass at church, then on the family events for C. eve and C. day.

We're heading to Big Cedar Lodge this weekend my husbands parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It's run by Bass Pro Shops and it's a great weekend getaway- perfect for kids. It's a few miles south of Branson, almost in Arkansas.

We have nice plans for NYE (dinner with friends at their home). I am being very brave and planning a big Mardi Gras Party on Feb 1. (Lent is super early this year). We live in St. Louis' Mardi Gras neighborhood (if you keep track of Mardi Gras, St. Louis has the 2nd or 3rd biggest celebration, depending on who you ask).

Jaypea and Brie- nice to see you both pop in. Susan- welcome! Come chat with us. We're very relaxed around here.

Anne, do you have any great soup recipes you can share? From your posts, it sounds like you are knowledgeable in the kitchen. :) I need all the help I can get. ;) Would you recommend the Eating Clean cookbook?

Morris, I admire how you handle your DH being gone so much.

Lisa, I know what you mean about being sick before Christmas. Not a good plan.

Jen, that is what my respiratory thingee did. I am sooooo ready for it to go bye-bye.

Melanie, I sorta received new workouts.... around Christmas. :) I purchased a new Spinervals and some Leslie Sansone workouts. I have to get away from the impact. I am not one of those people who can modify Cathe. I want to follow Cathe and get frustrated when I can't. KWIM?

Kristan, you are very brave. I say STL has the 2nd biggest celebration. :D Lent is really early this year. DD is making her 1st communion March 30th, which seems so early.

Briee, we're waiting. :p ;)

Welcome Susan!!!!

Hi all!
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I have the week off, so it's really nice, just being able to wake up next to DH in the morning and laze around for a change!

Autumn - I really do like the Eating Clean cook book. I read the Eating Clean Diet book first as it tells you the right combinations of things to eat first. Here's our favorite soup recipe so far..

Maui Black Bean Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
2 ribs celery - coarsely chopped
1 fat carrot - peeled/chopped
1 small purple onion - peeled/chopped
1 red pepper - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
4 cups low sodium chicken or veggie broth
2-15oz cans black beans
1-15oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup corn kernels

Heat olive oil over med heat. Add celery, carrot, onion and bell peppers. Saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and spices. Cook 2 minutes.

Add stock , beans and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Using hand held blender, puree soup to desired consistency. Add corn and let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, serve hot!

I don't puree the soup too much as you want it a little coarse and not completely smooth. I throw some shredded cheese over the top too...not so clean, but yummy!

Hope you enjoy!

Well, just in the 2ww now and should know one way or the other around Jan 4th. Not too hopeful for this month. We gave it a good shot...but not feeling much of anything either.

Gotta run, but Hi to all and hope everyone is enjoying themselves!

Yummy. Autumn, would you send me some? BTW, what new workouts did you get?

I think I'm ovulating today, mucous is super thin. Unfortunately, DH isn't feeling well!!! Can you believe it? LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!! I"m not sure if I can do another cycle of clomid. I should have known I'd be so sensitive to hormonal changes. ;) Oh well.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

mel, sometimes a man just needs to step up to the plate!!;-)

i know when i did the hormones, i told dh he better be in town, no excuses. his work is so unpredictable, it is hard to tell. but you put yourself thru all the craziness for 10 or 12 days, you deserve a chance. perhaps you can try heavy duty bribery??? good luck!!

anne, i cannot wait to try that soup autumn is making everyone.;-)

autumn, any favorite new workouts?

i tried to do a long run this am, but ds woke up an hour early!!! i managed 7 mil though and feel good. i go for a dr visit today and am dreading the weigh in already. my eating is really much better, and i definately have popped a bit in the belly. i just need to not worry about the weight as with ds i did pack it on first trimester, then less 2nd and 3rd combined. now for another long day at work. i cannot wait for sunday (i work sat too)!

lisa, and anne, here are baby wishes coming your way!

THanks for all the welcomes! I have been out of town and havent been able to read posts. Im ready for things to get back to normal. I don't think Im pregnant. I have been having weird "twinges" and my back feels like Im on my period..although Im not due for another week. No breast tenderness either. We are trying one more month and then thats it. So we'll see! Hope everyone is doing good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.