Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wed June 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey's Full Body Sculpt and High Intensity Kickbox Challenge. Workout was 1 hour 25" and I burned 450 calories. I wore my weighted gloves for the kickbox and was surprised that my HR stayed higher. I also added a bit more impact. I then added on Rapid Results Pilates - 10 min Solutions - Waist Slimmer and used my magic circle and Hemalaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living - Morning Quickie.

I also did the Evening Bath routine from the same yoga DVD last night.

Kel - thanks for the heads up on this yoga video. I really like it, as it's different than everything I own. She does move a bit slow (but I was in a hurry when I did both sessions). I previewed the 60" one and I can't wait to do it. Looks good. Does she have anything else good out?

Jen - hi - hope all is well with you. Question - I'm reviewing my Defy Gravity DVD to see if I should keep it or pitch it. What did you think of it when you did it that time you rented from Netflix? Worth keeping? I do like the beach setting (main attraction so far).

Have great workouts. I've got to eat, do my neck stretches and go job hunting. Be back later.

Hi ladies! Wow, Lora you got the yoga thread started early this morning. I was expecting to use last night's thread to post! Sorry I did not get to post last night. We had horrible thunderstorms in the area, so DH and I turned off all electronics in the house except for the weather radio. It may be the same situation tonight. It was pretty loud and scary sometimes. My dogs usually don't react much to storms, but last night one of my Bassetts was in her crate just panting away. We could not get her to lay down or calm down-almost like an anxiety attack. We let her out (not outside, just in the house) for a little while. She finally settled down once the storm was over. Weird. It freaked us out because they always say that animals can "sense things" better than we can.

Last night's WO was Slim and Lean Legs 3 segments 3 times through. I used 15/12/10 on squats and 8/5/3 on lunges. My knees are feeling those lunges today! I added on Kathy Kaehler Perfectly Fit Buns, pelvic tilt sets only (3 slow sets followed by 3 pulsing sets), using 12s on my hips. I am on to Chest work this evening...finally on week 4 of this rotation! :)

Lora-I really, really wanted to like Defy Gravity. When I previewed it, I was SURE I was going to like it. The scenery was so great and I really like Tamilee, but once I actually did the WO, I thought her cueing was terrible and I could not follow it at all. I don't expect to get choreography quickly every time, but I do sorta' try to figure out what percentage I could do the first time through, to figure out if staying with it is worth the effort. Unfortunately, I decided it was not with that one. ;(

Kel-Thanks for the compliment on my new avatar. Nope, not one of my doggies, but he sure is cute! ;) I noticed you changed yours too and it is adorable! :)

Hope you ladies have a great day! Hopefully I will be able to post again tonight.

Jen

Hi ladies,

This morning, I did PLB & added the abs from KPC. Nice workout. I should have done some yoga during lunch but I just didn't feel like it. I'm feeling sort of tired & "blah" today but I'll try to fit in some yoga when I get home tonight & maybe that will help me feel better.

Lora - I'm so glad you like that yoga DVD! It's very different, isn't it? I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the full hour long routine. It's still very slow paced but I really like it & even get a little sore from it (in a good way). Hope everything else is going well for you. What did you decide about temping?

Jen - So you just have this week to go in finishing up this rotation? Have you decided what you're going to do next? Thanks for noticing the little fella in my avatar too! It's our doggie, Skippy, & he's hilarious! I can't wait to get home & see him every evening. Which reminds me... I really need to rush home tonight since my DH hasn't gotten a chance to let him out today.

Sorry this is so short. Hopefully, I will be in a better state of mind tomorrow. Take care & have a nice evening!

Hi Yoga Lovlies -

Busy day today. I just got home. Dropped off 13 resumes in Medical Practices in the Suburb I live in (Boardman). Had to go down our other house and wait for the gas man all afternoon. Then got called for a job interview .....from this morning.....went to that........went to the grocery store and when I got home from the store, I got another interview for tomorrow morning and I also had a message from the place I interviewed to call them back -- they probably want me to come work there.....it only pays $7 an hour.....that's slightly higher than minimum wage. It's not a cake job either. It's working in a medical practice doing billing, posting charges, insurance verifications, etc. There is a chance to get a monthly bonus depending on how much money you collect. I'm not calling her back until after my interview in the morning with an Ankle & Foot Care Center.

I will take a $7 an hour job if I have to.....as I can always look while I'm working. It's better than nothing. I might drop off some more resumes tomorrow morning also since i have to get dressed up again! YUCK.

Hi again! Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean Chest 1 segment 5 times through. (I know, what was I thinking?!?) To continue the variation throughout my rotation, I will be going back to barbell exercises this week. I did 40/35/30/25/20 and each set was to failure. I followed that with Hip Hop Abs Cardio # 1. I then did the floorwork only on TJ Ab Jam. My legs were fairly sore today, so I took it easy on the cardio. My knees were not particularly happy either.

Lora-What a busy day! Good luck with your interviews! Our billing dept has been slightly behind and needed help so I have been posting a few charges and payments here and there. I really like it-it's a challenge to understand insurance, that's for sure. Taking out the fact that the pay is a little low-is that something you would enjoy doing? It seems like it would be a good change of pace and a way to get more experience with another skill. What other jobs do you have interviews for? Are they mostly med secretary? I hope you end up with your choice of jobs! What did you decide about Defy Gravity?

Kel-Sorry to hear about your blah day! You still got in a great workout! I have no idea what rotation I will do next. I am going to try my "cardio experiment" for at least a week. I was thinking of moving in to a Lower Body Rotation, since my lower half is really the trouble area. The thought of doing legs twice a week is almost worse than cardio, so I am still trying to warm up to the idea. The book I am reading (BTW, it's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto) suggests that you work your trouble areas more often.

Have a great night everyone! No storms tonight-yea! :)

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.