Trying To Fit Yoga In for Wed Jan 31

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Full Body Sculpt (46") followed by Amy Bento's All Pump (40") and then I added some Firewalkers on the end and a bit of Gliding on my own. Then I did about 40 minutes or so of Step Gone Wild with Rob Glick. Total workout time was about 2.5 hours and I burned 750 calories. I then took a small break to eat a banana and then did 30 minutes of Yoga on Demand (wanted to do more yoga).

Tracy's workout was much better now that I used 2 times the amount of weight she uses in the DVD. I still felt it was a bit too much for shoulders and not enough for biceps and triceps. It made for a good back to back with All Pump, as Tracy does lying leg work and Amy did standing. I hope I get sore tomorrow.

The only thing I've noticed about these long workouts and burning all of these calories is that I'm constantly famished!

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to look at the lunar update. Here's a link for the BPAL ladies -

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=30335&pid=701392&st=0&#entry701392

Jen & Meg - check out the Forum Scent....Enraged GroundHog Musk....chocolate covered black cherries, cardamom, french vanilla and cararmel. Sounds yummy.

Meg - Which Kundalini did you do? I know some of those continuous arm movements have made me sore before.....I even slightly aggravated my shoulder/neck problems once. It can get a bit intense.

Hi Yogis!

Today was CTX UB split and some ab work.

Lora: YOWZERS! I want to come work out with you...I bet you could get me in tip top shape in no time.

Meg: We didn't have any snow. I'm glad you are feeling better today.

Hi girls. Sorry I'm so late checking in but I just haven't felt up to it today. The day started out great but took at bad turn when I suffered a nasty fall down the steps on my way out the door (I live in a split foyer). So once I recovered from the shock & realized I was okay, I made it back up the stairs to clean my cuts & ice my other injuries. But even though it was pretty frightening (I was alone & tumbled head first), I don't think I suffered any serious injuries. Looks like I'm only going to have a few cuts & some bad bruises. I am such a klutz! But I know it's hereditary b/c my dad injures himself all the time too. I guess perhaps I should NEVER try snow skiing!:7

Lora - Oh my! Talk about a workout. Great job!

Meg - Glad you're feeling better today & good job with ME. I ended up doing Supersets & going as heavy as possible so I really felt it. Of course, that was before my fall. Now, I just hope I can work out tomorrow morning. I guess I'll have to wait & see. Injuries are usually worse the next day...

Tammy - Great workout! Do you have yoga planned for this weekend?

Jen - Just wanted to say HI in case you pop in later!

Hope you all have a fabulous & flexible day!

Take care,

Kel

Kel - Sorry to hear you took a spill. I do that stuff a lot, but I tend to rush around like a mad woman. Glad you didn't get seriously injured.

Meg - I love that Spinal series on Beginners & Beyond. Weird about the nausea. Do you have a touch of the stomach flu?

Kel - Sorry to hear you took a spill. I do that stuff a lot, but I tend to rush around like a mad woman. Glad you didn't get seriously injured.

Meg - I love that Spinal series on Beginners & Beyond. Weird about the nausea. Do you have a touch of the stomach flu?

OMG Kel...I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that tomorrow you don't wake up with more aches and pains. Take care of yourself! Yes, there will be some yoga this weekend.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix # 1 and Ab Jam. I really liked Ab Jam, so worth it! Really works it differently than any WO I've done before. I did not like the Cardio Party Mix as well. I am starting to see Chalene's peppier side now and it annoyed me a bit. The moves got a little sillier and I definately don't like when the sirens go off and you enter turbo mode. I was like, WTH?!? Just staring at the screen. I didn't seem to sweat as much as I did with the 20 minute WO...must have been all the staring at the screen-LOL! It seems like this is one of those WOs that you have to memorize. Chalene does very little counting and rarely says what side you start on. I am going to try to stay with it for a bit-at least while DH is still on the "injured list". What's with all the injuries lately...something in the water?

Megadoo-I HATE that pukey feeling! Hope it wasn't the Kundalini-just a bad tummy day. Are you lifting Cathe's weight on ME or have you moved beyond that now?

Tammy-I don't have CTX. Is it worth purchasing? What do you like about it?

Kel-Oh my Gosh! So glad you are okay-what a scare! That could have been so serious! Take an extra rest day if you need it!

Lora-Whoa! Burn baby burn! I wish I could do that...wouldn't have to count every friggin' calorie! Finally figured out the scoop on Budokon...leave it to those reviewers on Amazon to tell it like it is! I also visited CD universe-thanks for the tip-they've got great prices!!! $$$$$$ ;)

Jen

I had an awesome WO! I did DM Ultimate Cardio Blast premix. Basically you do each drill twice. I was whooped, but loved it. It was fun and Connor did the last football drills with me. Too cute. My chest is very sore to, so it helped.

Jen- I went a little more tehn her on about half, and stuck with her on the rest. Hope your hubby gets better soon.

Lora- I think I had something. I ate frosted flakes in the afternoon and maybe I was in sugar shock LOL!

Tammy- we are supposed to get a little more snow tomorrow and Fri. Finally enough here for the kids to play in a little. I want to take them sleigh riding this weekend if we get a few more inches.

Kel- ooohhh, I hope you are alright. No injuries! SLeep well tonight.
Good job on SS!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Jen!

It sounds as if you had a fun workout today. CTX is a MUST HAVE.... in my humble opinion. It is SO versatile. All of the cardios are about 30 minutes, which means you can use them as a quick cardio add on for weight training days. Leaner Legs (even though it has the nick name of Meaner Legs) is an awesome leg workout in under an hour. Then you get the UB split, which has all the UB work from all of the workouts in one workout. PLUS, there is all the ab work put together in another premix. YOU MUST GET THIS DVD! The mix-match possibilities are endless. Plus, the individual workouts are just fun, fun, fun!

PS: can you tell I really LOVE this DVD?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.