Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues March 8

lorajc

Cathlete
I did Cardio Coach - Volume 6 - the Special Edition Press Play one for about 45 minutes and then came upstairs and did Tracey's Step Sweatfest part 1. Total cardio was 1 hour 24 minutes and I burned 560 calories. I really enjoyed the step workout this second time around. It was sort of challenging after that CC workout. Some of it was a real leg burner. Then I did all of the lower body work from Power Squeeze and Custom Squeeze (no abs cuz mine were feeling fatigued when i started it). I finished off with Ravi & Ana's AM Kundalini Yoga 30".

Last night I did a Classical Stretch workout. I really love these at night. I just bought the 2007 TV Series - 3 DVD set. I wish I could get my Mom to try them. They are great for spine problems (especially upper back & shoulders) imbalances, etc. They would be so good for her...but all she does for exercise is walk.

My poor little Brookie is not feeling well from that vaccine yesterday. She stayed in bed with me all morning and I carried her downstairs (or she'd still be up there). She hasn't eaten all day and hasn't played. Those things must really make her feel ill. She was like this last time she got vaccinated. She must be a sensitive little soul.

Kel - sorry to hear about your DH's toe. Is he a big baby like most Men? My DH would have me waiting on him hand and foot! Fractures can be painful though....so I guess he's entitled to whine a little. You can probably look thru the old rotations of Cathe's and find one from when the Intensity series came out (with PUB/PLB). If you can't find it, post a question and ask and someone will probably find it and link it for you.

Jen - Yes, I really like the good mood the YBB's put me in and to move my body like that -- feels good on the hips, torso, etc. If I really put a lot of hip and arm movement into them, as well as add some jumping, etc, I've gotten my HR up to 150 or so. It takes a lot to get to that point though. Xflowsion is supposed to ship any day now - Priority Mail.

Yve - where are you? Did you take my advice to heart and become obssessive compulusive and super determined to find a house?? If so, that would explain why you've not been around. Here's to finding that dream home with your new husband to be.

Take care ladies. I'll be around later.

Hi all you flexible ladies!

Last night I did 2 loads of laundry, tilled the garden, made supper, & scrubbed the pool. Talk about an upper body workout! This morning, I did IMAX 2 & had a blast with it. I love that workout but I haven't done it in awhile because of all the new DVDs I purchased recently. I meant to grab my yoga mat & bring it to work with me but I forgot it in my rush this morning. Oh well, I guess I'll just try to remember it tomorrow. I have a really nice 30-40 minute yoga routine I do on my own so I think it will be nice to fit it in during my lunch hour.

Lora - Does all the work I did last night answer your question about my DH being a big baby? LOL! Nah, I'm just kidding. He's really in bad shape right now so I'm just having to pick up the slack. Too bad it happened right before vegetable garden & pool season. Too bad for me anyway. LOL! At least I'm getting in some extra exercise anyway. So sorry about your little Bookie & I hope she feels better real soon! Thanks for your input about rotations but I was mostly wondering what you gals thought about me alternating rotations every other week. So week 1 would look like this: M=total body circuit, T=cardio, W=total body weights, TH=cardio, F=total body circuit & week 2: M=PUB, T=cardio, W=PLB, TH=cardio, & F=total body circuit or weights. Do you think I could benefit from alternating weeks or should I just stick with one for a month & then do the other for a month? I like to keep my rotations very general so I can just choose whatever workout I feel like on any given day. What do you think?

Jen - Sorry we keep missing each other when we're posting. I tend to do it during the day, while I'm at work. Once I'm home, I get so busy that I just don't have time. Either that or my DH is on the computer so I don't have the opportunity to post. Hopefully, we'll be on the same schedule one of these days!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm off to have some lunch now but I'll check back in later.

Take care!

Kel

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Amy Bento's All Pump. This one was a Netflix rental. I liked it a lot and would definitely rent it again for some variety. I liked it enough to purchase it, but I already have plenty of weight training DVDs. If anything, I need more cardio variation.

Lora-Hope Brooklyn gets to feeling better! Can't wait to hear about xflowsion!!!! :) :) :) I think I am just as excited as you are for their arrival-and I am not even getting them. Great WO this morning, too!

Kel-I always post at night because that's the only free time I have. We'll just catch up between days ;)! I think your rotation looks great and I would follow it one way for four weeks if you can stand it and then switch it up to your other alternative....if you can stand doing the same thing for four weeks. It is tough for me to stick with something for that long lately!

Have a great night ladies!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.