Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues March 6

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill Cardio from the Chest & Abs DVD. They did the incline hills again and I did it a couple times but they changed so much that I got sick of stopping and adjusting it (since it's not automatic). I started doing speed drills instead. I repeated part of it to make it a 40 minute session and then I came upstairs and did TurboJam Cardio Party Remix (25") for a total of 75 minutes of cardio. I burned 503 calories. I then did a stretch from a Cathe DVD and the Five Tibetans from Hot Body Cool Mind with J. Kries. I also did Shiva Rea's Solar Flow DVD ....own practice from the matrix (45").

I'm frustrated cuz my legs still don't look good and I'm wondering if all of this weight work is not good for my body type. I saw on the OD Forum that someone tried Fluidity and never had better leg results. It's $200 and there's NO WAY I can afford to try it. I'm wondering if I should try using some of my IBallet's and Lotte Berk's for my legs for a couple of weeks and see if they get better! I hate working out so hard and still not looking as good as I'd like to look. Errrrrrr!! Rant over.

Jen - good to see your sticking with the workouts. Sorry your job has been so stressful (and long lately). I don't look forward to those days again!

Yvanna - Yes, that's the one. It's supposed to mimic the Cadillac that's used in the studio. I'm not sure about being able to do more exercises on my reformer, as I don't have the box and pole and most every intermediate/advanced DVD or tape uses the box and pole. I don't have money to buy one either. I already have a foam roller that came with my Karen Voight's Sleek Essentials. So ...should I just lie on it when doing pilates core work? Also, have you ever done any Lotte Berk, Bar Method or IBallet? Or have you ever taken any similar classes? I'm wondering if traditional weights are not the way to go for my legs....as I'm not getting the results I want from all of this leg work. I've been reading alot on Fluidity and I've been wanting it, but it's $200 and I certainly can't purchase it! Especially now. Have you read about it or seen the infomerical? It looks like it's ballet fused with other moves. They use a med ball, resistance bands and do pullups from the bar that comes with it, as well as do ballet type moves. I was wondering if me doing IBallet or Lotte Berk, etc. would be similar.
Meg - Those 5 Tibetans I did aren't as difficult as the ones I did on my Kundalini DVD before.

I've gotta run......have some errands to run. I'll be back.

Hi everyone. So far, I have completed Hip Hugger Abs. There are some really good isolation moves in it. I liked it. Going to wait and see if I feel it later. I will do more as the day goes on. Squeeze it in when I can.

Lora- yeah, they weren't that tough. Just different. Like I said, I have a hard time moving that fast though LOL!!!! I will keep you updated with my reviews as I do more new stuff! LOL!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg - Let me know if you get sore from Hip Hugger.

Yve - forgot to mention this morning when I posted that yes, I love Lunar flow yoga. I do it quite a bit. I have Shiva's Lunar Flow DVD and there is also a Lunar premix on Yoga Shakti and Yoga Radiance has a nice Lunar segment. Also, meant to mention that I ordered Keli Roberts workout Abs, Spine & Posture that uses the foam roller! I got it from CD Universe and it was cheap. I also got the Flexibility one cheap and I think it uses the foam roller also.

I just got done doing the 30 minute segment off of Soul Sweat. I did the stretch also. Not sure what I think of this. I know I like YBB a heck of a lot better. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't think I should do it barefoot though, as my PF is acting up. My HR only elevated to 126-129 and lower......and I only burned 200 calories. It's an okay lite cardio for a rest day .....so far...I guess. I wasn't too coordinated at some of the moves and others I did well at and liked.

Hi yoginis-
Tonight's WO was Perfectly Fit Legs, and floorwork from Gym Style Legs. Doesn't sound like much but it was pretty tough. Think I will be feeling it tomorrow!

Meg-Hip Hugger Abs sounds like a good one! I have that in my Netflix queue. I think I'll bump it up higher so I will get it sooner. Nice change of pace. Will be interested to see your results. How did DH and the boys do while you enjoyed the city? Was the house still standing? They must have missed you enormously!

Lora-I know what you mean about legs. It's tough for me to get definition there-looking pretty decent everywhere now but thighs. (I am not as concerned about butt.) Someone at work just ordered Fluidity but she is super skinny all over and is actually trying to gain weight-lucky girl! I feel the same about Soul Sweat-like YBB better and seemed easier to pick up than Soul Sweat but I will end up doing that one again (probably during recovery week) just because I want to nail those moves!

Off to check on the Hardcores thread and off to bed! Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Hi ladies,

Tonight's workout will be Circuit Max - and will try to fit in some Eionn afterwards.

Lora - yes - If you lie on the roller while doing the core work - it will intensify the moves. I haven't ever tried Lotte Berk -or the other dvds you mentioned - I have been interested in trying them, but am trying to stick with those that I have for now.
I personally wouldn't go with the supreme pilates contraption. I have only tried the cadillac once - and can't really remember the moves that we did on it. But it doesn't look to me that it would be a true replacement for the cadillac. I think the benefit of pilates - especially when used with traditional leg work - is that in lengthens and strenghtens the muscles - so the end result is the ballet type figure. Which pilates dvds do you have? My favourites are the advanced Stott - and the Classical Pilates Technique - and Classical Pilates Technique magic circle. Do you have a magic circle? Its great for both core and leg work. I have seen the reviews for fluidity and am tempted also. I just can't justify the cost right now.

Hi to all who follow - will be back later.
Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.