Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sunday June 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Kickbox & Burn with Lynn Hahn. Workout was 60" and I burned 527 calories. My HR stayed around 80-85% of max for this. Was a pretty good kickbox workout, however, the warmup and cooldown were pretty long at 10" each. There was also a short ab segment at the end.

I also did Maui Yoga which was 60" of yoga.

Have great workouts everyone. We're going to see Indiana Jones today. Hope it's good.

I've been wanting a couple new yoga DVDs...but every time I buy a new one, I really don't like it much! Any suggestions?

Nice to hear from Jen & Yve!

Jen - The days I will work 6 days a week, I will get to work one shorter day during the week, but it sucks cuz I still have to get ready, put makeup on, etc and go in! I'd rather be totally off one day...but the hours don't work like that. I hope I can get used to it cuz the atmosphere and job are a lot more desirable than past jobs. Guess I'll just have to suck it up! Then, there is the issue of not having dress clothes and on $8 an hour....doesn't leave much money to buy any either!

Goodmorning ladies,

Am about to go out for my 1 hour walk. Will also do the magic circle workout tonight.

Lora - Do you have a new job? What sort of work are you doing? Very nice to hear that you enjoy the atmosphere - you were so stressed at the doctor's office. When I was in banking, my weeks were like that also... but I soon came to enjoy them - as I had more long weekends to myself..I appreciated it more in the summer. I too would like to buy some new dvds - but should really get reacquainted with those that I haven't done in so so long...It would be too embarassing to even admit to the number I have still in the cellophane! Enjoy the movie.... Harrison Ford is still a dreamboat!

Jen - To continue from yesterday's note...I think I would add - I think it is great that you are going out and getting your hair done - and buying clothes... I found that with pregnancy, as I became larger - and felt tired - it was a real treat to go out and get some pampering done - whether it was my hair or my nails - a facial - whatever. It was a little me time. Also - there is so much information out there on what to do - what not to do. I found that most of the books I read were really extreme - ie... info like you shouldn't have peppermint tea - or any caffeine - or all of the food items that are on the off list. I think that in small amounts - anything can be enjoyed... even a tiny bit of wine on occasion!
I think that if it was in your diet or your lifestyle before becoming pg... then it is ok afterwards. I ate feta cheese all the way thru the pg. My pilates instructor is also a runner - and she ran right up till she was 7 months... So - I guess what I am trying to say is not to get too caught up in all of the material. It can get very overwhelming - and alot of it is just too extreme.
The baby's sleep patterns still vary. He normally wakes up twice per night to feed - but there have been nights where he was woken up every hour and a half... and others where he has slept for 4 hrs straight. It is getting easier.. and as he gains weight - he is able to last longer without a feeding.
When is your due date? Are you reading any good books? Will you be going with an OB or a midwife? OK.... how often do you watch birthstories? Any cravings or aversions?
There are other things that I could mention... but they do fall under the category of TMI.... let me know if you want me to post at some point... as it is stuff that I myself never knew until I became pg - and was glad that someone told me also.

The fatigue should taper off when you get to 3 1/2 months or so...hang in there - you will begin to feel great very soon....the pee breaks won't decline for another 7 months though ;)

Have a great day ladies - and happy workouts.

Yve

Hi ladies! Napped for 2 hours today. Naps are definately taking the place of my workouts for now. Most of the books I am reading now about twin pregnancy say that you must try to gain weight as much as possible during the first trimester. Most twins are born with a low birth weight so even women who start out overweight still need to gain weight. There is so much growth in the first trimester-it's when the majority of the major development happens. They say that by the third trimeter you can barely keep up with the calories you need, so try to gain weight early. Well....that's all I needed to hear. Milkshakes & ice cream, here I come! :) (Seriously, they recommend them!)

Lora-How was Indiana Jones? Wish I had some Yoga DVD suggestions for you but I am totally out of the DVD loop. I am glad to hear you've got a short day in your schedule. I am sure you will adjust very well. I am so glad for you that the environment is so much more healthy and so much less stressful.

Yve-Yep, twins is really, really exciting! :) What a wonderful wealth of information you are! :) Don't worry about the TMI-doesn't bother me a bit. No kidding about the material out there being overwhelming! I am reading several books and they are very conflicting....almost opposite advice on the same topics. Crazy! My favorite part of the books has been to read what's happening on a week by week basis developmentally. My due date officially is January 7th or 8th (one twin is slightly ahead of the other) but most twins come early, so I am hoping to make it to early/mid December with them if I am lucky. I am also hoping to avoid bedrest-something I have totally been obesessing since we found out about twins. I know I don't have control over it that much, but I am already trying to take everything down a notch, including mostly bed rest on the weekends, to shift all my energy to the development of the babies. I do hope, however, that the 2nd trimester energy kicks in as most everyone says, because we have to get the nursery done and get the childbirth/hospital tour classes out of the way during that time in case they actually do put me on bedrest for a portion of the third trimester. Any bedrest I incur (counts as part of my medical leave) takes time away from time I would have with the babies after they are born. x( I probably won't be breastfeeding, mainly since I will have to go back to work pretty soon (about a month and a half) after the babies are born (and there are other reasons too that would take awhile to explain). After that I will work a part-time schedule for a couple of weeks and then resume full-time work after that. It breaks my heart not to be out longer, but I only graduated from college at the certificate level (no degree) and it has taken me 10 years to get where I am at the highest level (only subordinate to the CEO) in my company. I want to be able to provide for my kids (part of the reason I waited so long to have them) so I have got to get back to my job. We are considering having my DH stay home for a little longer-up to six months if we can, but he really loves his job and has a great job after many years of mediocre ones-so it's a really tough call. We are really struggling to figure all this out right now, but we know in the end everything will come together. As far as food aversions go, I just got my first one-shrimp. Normally, I love shrimp, but now I can't tolerate anything about them-smell, taste, texture. Yuck! I did have cravings the first few weeks (1st weeks-bland carbs (i.e. plain pasta, bread), later-anything salty), but now I don't seem to crave anything. It's weird because I am so hungry, but nothing appeals because of the nausea. I think I want everything, but nothing seems to taste good. I am just doing the best I can to keep my calories up....the babies have actually made me so hungry I have gotten up at 2 a.m. to eat something (usually graham crackers and tall glass of milk.) which is something I have never done before. :) I try to think of my growling stomach as crying babies and it gets hard to ignore-I just do my best to get something down for their sake! :)

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.