Trying to Fit Yoga in for Fri Feb 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Weighted portions only from both Cardio Step & Pump and Hi/Lo Pump followed by the blast segment from Fat Burning Bar Method (ab/butt focused). I also did 30 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step Revolution adding some propulsions, jumps, hops for intensity (so much fun....but I still don't have it all down). I only did 3 combos and the third one is the most fun combo I"ve ever done...love her. Must practice this one lots! I also did Shiva Rea's Solar Flow Yoga from the Matrix....I did Namskar 1 & 2, Dancing Warrior 4, Standing Flow Pose 1, Shoulder Openers, Supine poses x 2 and then I paused and did Plough, Shoulderstand and spinal twists followed by Shavasana (50"). Total workout (minus the yoga) was 1 hour 57" and I burned about 560 calories.

That Amy Bento weight workout was pretty good together like that. I've done it before and didn't think it was tough.....it was pretty tough today. I liked the combo. Too much equipment to carry out though!! as always with her and Cathe.

I actually didn't think I'd enjoy Solar Flow as much as I did today. The selections I chose really had some good stretches for the shoulders in it and my shoulders are bad this week....so it felt very good. They were a crunchin and a cracklin!

I also did Ravi & Ana's Fat Free Yoga Weight Loss last night - did Burn Baby Burn & Raise Yourself Up (for depression).

Jen - Yes, the TJ's all have a learning curve....it may take a while, but once you get them, you can really kick it in high gear.

Yve - Wow, that's wild that you've lived in the only places I've ever been to in Canada. My DH & I went on a few Travel Packages to see Aerosmith (I used to really like them when I was younger). One package we went on was one show in Montreal and one in Quebec City. We were in Montreal for a few days and Quebec City only for the concert. I loved Montreal. I got to meet Aerosmith and get pic's with them there. I know you're probably right about the job situation.....I'm hoping it all works out the way it's supposed to. Don't mean to sound like I"m losing my Faith in God.....but I've been thru this so many times that I get very fearful. Hope you can get your yoga in today or this weekend. I'm gonna die when I go back to work. I'm so used to doing a ton of yoga now. I"ll be one stressed out stiffie when I go back to work. LOL.

I've gotta run........I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone.

Hi flexible ladies!

Oh my goodness, I've missed a couple of days again. Life has been hectic lately but I will keep trying to check in when I can. Thanks to all of you for your comments about my new doggie. He's so cute & funny & we're really enjoying him. I know he will add a lot of joy & laughter to our lives.

Lora - You always do such great workouts! What's going on with your job offers? Since I've been away, I don't know what's going on. Sorry!

Still no yoga for me but like I said before, I really could use some. My DH & I will be working tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be able to fit any in over the weekend but maybe next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will work out anyway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & if I don't get a chance to check in, I'll be back Monday.

Take care!

Kel

Kel - hope you can fit a bit of yoga in this weekend! No job offers lately. The hospital is still pending.....I'm waiting for a call from HR...but there's some drama going on in the hospital right now....so I'm not sure if they're thinking of selling that part of it off or what. I have an interview with Coca Cola on Tuesday. That's about it. No new prospects lately.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Cardio Party Mix # 1. I wore 1/2 lb weighted gloves. My Hip Hop Abs finally came, so I will preview them and maybe attempt a DVD or two over the weekend.

Kel-Always good to *see* you! Hope you have a great weekend!

Lora-I will go over to Collage Video and see those Amped clips! I have so many videos to try this weekend-I don't know where to start! I am getting another YBB tomorrow in the mail....not sure which ones I have of the series....I'll try to check the DVDs this weekend. I am pretty sure it's the first series and not anything from the Live Series.

I am so tired-physically and emotionally! Off to bed! Will catch up more w/ you ladies tomorrow! Have a great night!

Hi to all that follow!! :) :)

Jen

Hi ladies,

This morning's workout was Step, Jump and Pump. Tonight was Seane Corne Vinyasa.

Lora - How is Raise Yourself Up? Are there alot of chest openers in it. The reason I ask is that I have been reading a bit about anusara yoga - and how it helps with depression bc it focuses on opening up the heart - and also includes hip openers too. The premise being that sadness is stored in the hips and the heart.
It's amazing how yoga keeps us grounded - isn't it?
'Knowing' you Lora - I bet you will make time for yoga even if you are working. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Coca-Cola job... What does it entail?- I don't think I read about that one.

Kel - Hope you are well - and that your FIL is doing better also.

Jen - Hope you rest up this weekend. You have been tired a fair bit lately - I hope that everything is ok. Can't wait to hear about your new dvds.

I am trying to decide which series to start on Monday. It will either be Cross Train Xpress - or the Gym Style series. I want to lose 10 lbs - and start acquiring some definition in my arms. Ideas/input anyone?

Hello to all who follow.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.