Trying to Fit Yoga In for 12-25 Mon

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Drill Max Leg Cardio Blast Premix followed by Legs & Glutes from the Standing Leg Extensions thru the lying inner thigh work. I used a medicine ball in place of the stability ball for intensity in some places in Drill Max. I also did Yoga for Moods - 35 minute premix. Total workout at the end of the leg work was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 437 calories. I had difficulty with keeping my intensity up in Drill Max.

My legs are pretty fried today and I'm wasn't at my best energy wise. I've had a really bad headache with severe trap spasms and neck/shoulder pain for a few days now and my sciatica's been flaring and my low back's hurting. I'm pretty stressed about my upcoming new job. I've also been taking another round of antiobiotics for my sinuses and I think I took them wrong (too many a day - as they were samples with no directions).

Well -- I know everyone's been busy so I won't elaborate on the Yoga for Moods DVD today. It was a so/so workout....no hip openers again...I added resting pigeon at the end on my own. I'll have to do Fluid Power soon.......I get a bit crazy if I don't do that often!

Tammy - I hope you get to try your Fluid Power and hope you Love IT!!

Merry Christmas and have a blessed day. Hopefully everyone can fit a bit of yoga into their days.

Merry Christmas Ladies!

Today is my rest day, I'll be doing CookMax all day!

Lora: I can't wait to try Fluid Power tomorrow, I'm sure I will love it. Your recommendations so far have been right on! PY4H is phenominal!

Hi All! Today might be a rest day since I am running out of time before we have to be at my cousin's house and it's a little bit of a drive-about 1 hour each way. I followed through w/ IMAX 2 yesterday and my shins are so sore today! I am too excited...yesterday I bought the Body Blast series and the Intensity Series so I will have a few more WOs and look forward to what Cathe puts together for January. I'll do my best to check back later. BTW, does anyone here (or anyone on the HCFM thread that you know of)read Oxygen Magazine? I have just picked up the February issue and have a MAJOR beef with something I saw...so upset I am thinking about writing the publisher... I'll get in to the details later.

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Jen

Merry Christmas everyone. DH and I are having a quiet Christmas with just ourselves today. My parents were supposed to come out but the Denver blizzard held them up in their tracks. They will be out here on Thurs though, so at least they will make it out. I rode the stationary bike on both Sat and Sun and of course did knee PT exercises. I am like a broken record :) . Today I just might take the day off. I am not feeling very motivated and quite lazy and have worked out many days this month.

I did get four new yoga DVDs from DH. I got Eoin Finn's PY4H and Pure and Simple Yoga. Also, I got Yoga for Athletes (Kimberly Fowler) and Yoga Complete for Athletes. The yoga complete for athletes looks really cool. It has a main menu with a bunch of sports (soccer, running, cycling, etc...) and you pick a sport. Then within the sport it gives you options for things like balance, hips, shoulder, twists, general, legs, strength, etc... Each of these choices range from 20 to 60 min. Wow, there is a lot on this DVD that I am going to need to check out.

Tammy - What's on the CookMax menu? We are having turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing :9 .

Lora - No wonder why your legs are fried, you have been working them like crazy. Good job!

Jen - OMG, the body blast and intensity series. They are still my favorite set of workouts. I am trying to weed out my DVD collection and am only keeping the ones that I love. Needless to say, the BB and intensity series are still with me :) . I don't read Oxygen magazine, but I would love to know what you read the fired you up. Hope you have a good trip to your cousin's house.

Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Karin

Hi Ladies -

Jen - I read Oxygen magazine all of the time. I love that magazine. What made you mad? I'm curious?

Karin - Sorry to hear your parents are snowed in. I know you weren't thrilled about them coming. Wow....you got PY4H and Pure & Simple! Double dose of Eion......too cool. I wish someone would have got me some yoga DVDs (although what would they get me?). I don't know the Kim Fowler one you speak of. You'll have to give me a review....let me know if it's twisty with hip openers and forward bends!! Is the Yoga Complete for Althletes the one with Rodney Yee? If so, I have that one but don't use it so much any more. I remember it being good for brief yoga sessions after your normal workout. Yes, I have been working the heck out of my legs. I think I'm going to go at it again this week since I don't start my new job 'till 1-2...and then I might reassess and try to see how they respond to ballet type workouts/pilates fusion workouts/Bar Method and Lotte Berk. I've been researching the subject on Videofitness. I have to look at my exercise log to see how long I've been going at these heavy duty leg workouts and take it from there. Plus, when I start the new job, I won't have as much time to workout.

Let's see......what did I get for Christmas...socks for work, a yoga outfit that is huge and needs to go back, a nite shirt that is huge and needs to go back, a clock radio and weight lifting gloves. My DH and I shop in Nov and don't wrap our presents....but he got me a hoodie from my favorite store, Buckle and a pair of low-rise jeans and I got Doc Martens on sale at Dillards and a pair of Converse hot pink sneakers....yes I'm a bit funky.

I ate wayyyyyyyyy tooo much choclate today. I feel like I should be arrested for my crime!! LOL. Between that and the Christmas cookies, I feel like a blimp. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hello again. Boredom got the best of me and I did the leg conditioning drills from Kick Max and Ellen Barrett's Crunch Super Slimdown pilates. Of course the leg conditioning drills were killer and I was dying. It was the first time I did Ellen's workout and it was pretty fun. I felt worked, but not fried. I liked it. Plus, it wasn't boring, which pilates workouts tend to be for me sometimes.

Lora, the Yoga Complete for Athletes isn't the RY one. It is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Athletes...pd_bbs_sr_1/002-2219458-8909647?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

DH got it for cycling since we both do a lot of that in the summer and since I do it almost every day now.

Karin

I'm back. Cousin's house was fun but complete chaos with lots of screaming kids. It's good to be home. I did not feel good taking a rest day today and probably would have felt better if I had done something but a rest day had to come once this week, so might as well be today. On to the wag of the finger to Oxygen Magazine. I don't subscribe, but pick up the occasional issue for inspiration. What I am about to refer to is on page 140. To set it up, they are discussing the third place finish of Julie Palmer in a recent European fitness competition. And now I quote "Nothing in this sport has come easy for her, but she is unrelenting in the pursuit of her dreams. Since the beginning of her career, Palmer has methodically worked to improve and move from a BOTTOM-OF-THE-SCORE-SHEET NOBODY to a solid top-ranked fitness champion." I can't believe they printed that. I mean, I imagine that you have to be in spectacular shape just to enter these contests. A shape that most people may never see in their lifetimes, to be called a BOTTOM-OF-THE-SCORE-SHEET NOBODY. Unbelieveable. Can you imagine it's your first contest, and you've worked so hard to get there, and this is what they are really thinking of you-and any contestants around you that are not in the top 15. They probably meant it as a compliment but I think it's the worst choice of words I have ever heard and irresponsible. What about this comment helps bring more women in to the world of fitness? It makes it all sound as superficial and cut-throat as ever. I do not have this magazine on a pedestal or anything-too much advertising w/ fatburners, etc for one, but I do think they have a responsibility to promote women in sport with respect. It has dimmed their credibility in my mind and I will think twice before picking up another issue.

Lora-I don't have Ellen's Buff Girl WO. Is it straight Pilates or a blend? Very interesting that you and DH are both Libras. I feel pretty sure I couldn't live w/ another Capricorn! I went to the Astro.com website and they are still doing the 5 pg free thing. It was amazing! I think my most interesting part was "During the course of your existance, you must try to develop intuition and human understanding so that you may be in a position to assist other people with your advice." I guess I'll have to get working on that! :) Anyway, where did you get the Erich Schiffman Lotus Pose DVD? Is the quality ok? I have wanted to investigate other WOs of his but was concerned about the production quality. I hear you on the Jai chanting DVD. He puts out some weird stuff...wish it all sounded like what Shiva picks out. :) Also, forgot to tell you, DH told me he wants more BPAL oils, so I ordered him Sin, Umbra, Black Forest, and Magus. Of course, I had to throw in a couple for me, so I got Velvet and Hellcat. Can't wait until they come in-wish it didn't take so long!

Karin-For what it's worth, you are the most disciplined broken record I have ever heard-Hee Hee! :) So, I am curious-what will be weeded out of your DVD collection? I always find it interesting the WOs that don't connect with people. I love that Ellen Barrett one you did today! But how did those crazy Kick Max leg conditioning drills get in there-if you were close enough I would feel your forehead-LOL! Sounds like your DH picked your presents well...did you give him a little help or is he just that good? What did you get for him? I think I wrote you a post awhile back that you may have missed. I'm going to find it now and will post it below once I do.

So, for Christmas, I got-Starbucks gift card, Bath and Body Works Gift card, Dick's Sporting Goods gift card, and the book "You on a Diet" by Dr. Oz (I approved this one. He knows if he got it for me on his own, I would have been highly insulted.) Can you tell DH does not what the specifics-just where can you go to buy it? :) I love him anyway-he's the best gift of all. Oh, and I got lottery tickets and won $5.00.

Jen

OK Karin-I think this was it-Karin-****jumps out of the way of a snow plow, just in the nick of time**** ah ha! I knew I'd find you under all that snow! Denver is all over the news now, you must be covered! Good for you for going to the gym-you are committed.(or should be committed...ha ha hee hee! ) I picked Nothing Compares 2 U just because I liked it, even though it is a little sad. It reminds me of the many times I have had my heart broken...sigh....(reaches for yet another Christmas cookie). I am sure your alcohol & karaoke (they really do make a great pair) opportunity will present itself. My advice would be to pick a song you love and put your heart and soul in to it-even if you can't sing people will admire your spirit. It's a beautiful thing, I swear! Thanks for the cardio coach info and aren't you sweet to offer to send one out! I'm not ready for it yet but I will take you up on that offer at some point. What a deal on the Jari DVD! What is Ross? I think we have them here, but I thought they were just a clothing store. Where did you order your workout clothes? What did you get? That's so exciting!

Jen

We survived Christmas!!! I can't wait to get back to "normal" eating. We had lasagna, ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn and salad. Dessert was carrot cake:9 and ice cream cake. I am going to have to work out hard tomorrow morning!

Jen: No it was not a potluck...mega dishes here:eek:...my dear sister was a BIG help and there is only one more load to do. I am very glad I took tomorrow off from work:7

Tammy-So with all that dinner preparation, did you get the chance to open gifts? What did you get? Hope it was not a kitchen appliance...I would run screaming...:eek: !!

Jen

Jen: LOL:7 I got Shiva Rea's Fluid Power, a yoga block, a superband (to help with pull-ups), a gift certificate for a pedicure:7, and some girly soaps. Yes, kitchen appliances are a no-no!

Tammy-Wow! You're doing pull-ups or getting ready to?! I admire your strength! Are you getting ready to do P90X or just trying to get more upper body strength? What redemption workout are you planning for tomorrow?

Jen: I did 60 days of P90x...it wasn't for me. I did manage a few un-assisted chin-ups, but the pull-ups remain an elusive goal... I also learned from P90x that my body type does better with circuit workouts...otherwise, I get way to bulky.

My redemption workout for tomorrow is Power Hour followed by Shiva Rea Fluid Power with the matrix suggested by Lora:7...thank goodness for Lora:7

Jen – Glad to hear that you survived Christmas at your cousin’s house. You asked what was being weeded out of my DVD collection. A lot of my hardcore series of Cathe’s workouts have been purged. I have kept HS challenge, Kick max, Muscle Max, and GS legs. All of the others I have got rid of. Imax 3 was too high impact, Core, Stretch, and Low max were not my cup of tea and I didn’t click with the GS upper body series (way too many endless boring sets). I am keeping all of Cathe’s newest series because I think that I will love them whenever I can do them. Also, the intensity and body blast series are keepers. I don’t have any of her workouts older than that though. DH had help with my presents. I gave him an extensive list and he got to pick from it. I got him some cycling goodies and a Steelers sweatshirt and a winter hat, which he has been wearing all day. What did you get your DH? It sounds like you made out well for the holidays too. What are you going to get with your gift cards? What’s your favorite scent from Bath and Body works? Oh, also if you like gingerbread, you should try out a gingerbread latte from starbucks with your gift card. It is really yummy. That sounds great about taking me up on my Cardio Coach offer. Just let me know when you would like it. I’ll send it off to you. Ross is like TJ Maxx or Marshalls, but it has workout DVDs. That is actually where I got the Crunch Super Slimdown pilates too. I ordered some workout clothes from amazon. I got a few workout capris which I am loving right now. Not as hot as pants, but they don’t ride up like shorts. That’s probably too much information.

Tammy – Your feast sounds delish! Glad that you had help with the dishes. I was so ticked because our garbage disposal broke and there is a little leak underneath our sink right now. So, we can’t do dishes and I have to fight with the maintenance people tomorrow. Gotta love it!

I don’t want to go to work tomorrow :( .

Karin

Karin: I'm sorry you have to go to work tomorrow....:( My son has been trying to talk me into trying a starbux Gingerbread latte, but I LOVE the vanilla soy lattes:9 I hope your garbage disposal gets fixed pronto!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.