Trouble w/Kari's choreography

Lezly

Cathlete
I have a terrible time catching onto Kari's choreography! Not that I've never hit rewind on Cathe before, but Cathe's routines seem easier for me to pick up. I like Kari's personality and attitude, but I get frustrated with her routines.

Is it just cuz I'm so familiar with Cathe that her tapes seem easier to follow -- even new ones? Or could it be that Cathe is just super terrific at cueing?

Does anyone else experience this type of problem or am I suffering from a "If it's not Cathe, I don't really want to do it!" mental block?

Kari

I assume you are talking about Kari Anderson--I have one of her all cardio hi-lo tapes. She was a dancer and so her choreography is very creative. I think it is good to sprinkle in different styles of choreography for variety--crosstraing and I find that if I do the tape a few times I catch on and have a lot of fun. However, I have a few funk dance tapes that I could never master (my hips just do not move that way) so I stopped trying those--but oh- I love to watch!! Give Kari a few more trys--if you cant catch on and do not enjoy it see if you can make a trade with someone-----Ranae

Kari feels less "instinctive" to me

Kari's choreography feels less "instinctive" to me than Cathe's or even Christi's. Like you I really LIKE Kari, and I like her workouts, but I have to think about what I'm doing a lot more because the moves don't seem as natural. Sometimes she does things on a different accent of the beat than you're used to, or goes a different direction. Her tapes are well worth mastering, but I too have experienced a little more frustration with her choreography than with some. Love her anyway, though!

Kari's tapes

Lezly, I've had a couple of Kari A. tapes, and, like you, really enjoy her as an instructor, BUT don't really get into her choreography. I'm not a dancer (at least not one that follows other's moves--I can free style with the best of 'em, though!), and I felt like a klutz when trying to do some of the moves that seemed too ballet- or modern dance-like to me. I finally gave up on her!

Give it time...

I used to have a very hard time catching on to Kari as well as Christi Taylor's choreography. Actually it took me a long time to "like" it because i used to be so frustrated by the moves. Give yourself time. Cathe is a bit more athletic with her choreography so I naturally could catch on easily to her, but the other tapes I had to give myself time to learn. Once you get it you will enjoy the variety, believe me!! Goodluck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.